Star Trek: Picard

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Observe
xr

Re: Star Trek: Picard

Post by Observe » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 02:45

Looks like I may need to get another free subscription to CBS. I'll wait until the season is over, so I can binge-watch.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 02:51

If you are refering to Q (one video is not available) I must say, Q was one of the most annoying characters in all of Star Trek, there is probly not many characters I despise more then Q, always hated space magic in Star Trek.

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 05:32

Observe wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 02:45
Looks like I may need to get another free subscription to CBS. I'll wait until the season is over, so I can binge-watch.
Gonna be a while. New season isn't premiering until 2022. Should be a good one, though. Between LeVar Burton and John de Lancie being confirmed to be in the season and the regular cast, I'm sure we'll get some good character interactions. I think Whoopi Goldberg is even going to appear as well... probably in the same sequence as de Lancie. Maybe we'll finally find out what Guinan can do to counter Q.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 09:31

Not sure how that's going to work--John de Lancie is, let's be honest, somewhat older than he was during the run of TNG, and surely Qs don't age? And it doesn't seem likely he'd be deliberately making himself look older in order to fit in better with Picard, it's not in Q's nature to do that sort of thing. I'll be certainly interested to see how they pull it off, but I really hope they don't just handwave away the age thing.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 15:14

pjknibbs wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 09:31
Not sure how that's going to work--John de Lancie is, let's be honest, somewhat older than he was during the run of TNG, and surely Qs don't age? And it doesn't seem likely he'd be deliberately making himself look older in order to fit in better with Picard, it's not in Q's nature to do that sort of thing. I'll be certainly interested to see how they pull it off, but I really hope they don't just handwave away the age thing.
If they can make Mark Hamell look like he did in the 80's, they can handle Q. =p But knowing how Q behaved, I would expect he'll appear similar to how he did in TNG, make a snide comment about Picard's age, and make himself appear older as a joke. That wouldn't be out of character for Q. But, ya know, there's tons of races that live for centuries in Star Trek and they've done fairly well with those, cameo appearances aside.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Return to “Off Topic English”