Coronavirus: COVID-19

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Coronavirus: COVID-19

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 20. Feb 23, 16:32

Right, sure for that it makes sense to have shared experiences. It just sounded like search for medical advice and that triggered some alarms. I agree with CBJ that we should make clear that Medical advise should not be allowed. I have many "real life" examples of people that self-medicate based "my neighbour said" or "but the wife of the brother of the doctor said". My own mother is such a person that keeps trying to avoid going to the doctors because she herd a conversation in the hair salon.

But as others have said I wish you and everyone suffering from these rather yet obscure effects swift recovery.

MFG

Ketraar

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 20. Feb 23, 16:35

Arsaneus wrote:
Mon, 20. Feb 23, 15:15
I do, yes. As I am not looking for a medical answer but just some little things like "I went for a walk up in the mountains" or "I went to take a swim in low temperatures" or just better pacing. Not a solution but things that help make things a little bit better.
This migh not be as dumb idea as it sounds.
If you haven't done it before, you should take a week break in some clean environment (e.g rural area with exposure to nature, the less urban stuff the better).
If you see improvement after a week, this would suggest environmental factor at your housing/work.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 20. Feb 23, 18:48

Covid has not gone away, it is still around and effecting lives, and it is still closing down certain business's a prime example is the anime Ayakashi Triangle they got up to episode 3 in the release timeline when they announced that there will be a postponement of further releases after episode 4 (Jan 31 release date) until further notice, this was due to an outbreak of covid in the production office that forced it to close down that was several weeks ago, and they will not release episode 5 till at least March 7. There is also other anime in that same position.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 28. Nov 23, 18:10

Hmm, there is aparently new unknown respiratory virus outbreak both in Norther China and Netherland - if China is to be trusted :roll: it's totally caused by normal and typical flu viruses.

On the other news, I had my first real covid infection with carrousel of symptoms one after another:
First three days - general weakness (I felt like on 50% of my normal stamina), nightly fevers, lack of apetite - interesting there was no cough, sore throat or runny nose.
4th day - above symptoms got away, replaced by the whole day of runny nose.
5th day - runny nose got away, replace by whole day of cough (caused by fluid dripping from nasal sinus).
6th day - cought subdue to very minor one (like one cough per 30 minutes)...but sense of taste and smell dissapeared for 3 days (everything taste like paper, even strong coffe, onion and garlic).
8th day - smell and taste got back and I felt recovered, still had very minor cough for next 2 weeks.

In general I'd say it was less painful than normal flu, if not that I like to recover by good meal and good sleep, yet fever kept me from good sleep and apetite/taste/smell took me away from food.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 29. Nov 23, 01:40

I get my next booster on Saturday afternoon. While it's been well over a year since I had it, my smell has still not fully recovered and returned to the way it once was.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 29. Nov 23, 20:44

That's what I was scared the most - 3 days without smell and taste were tedious and bland already - if it would be a few weeks or months it would be really depression inducing.

Return to “Off Topic English”