Russia-Ukraine War

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Russia-Ukraine War

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 20:03

Back on thread topic please. We had a Brexit thread that has been dead for a while now and there is probably no real need to resurrect its old ghosts here.

The fact that some politicians say one thing and mean/do/ignore something else is hardly world-shattering news. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 20:51

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 30. Jun 22, 16:43
Russia left Snake Island, apparently as a "goodwill gesture".
I need Russias propaganda department as a PR guy in my next salary negotiations. Like seriously.. I am incapable of coming even close to that mindset.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 22:28

Wait until you hear Ukrainian officials when they still refuse to let freighters be loaded in Odessa.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 3. Jul 22, 05:28

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 30. Jun 22, 20:51
Falcrack wrote:
I need Russias propaganda department as a PR guy in my next salary negotiations. Like seriously.. I am incapable of coming even close to that mindset.
don't forget that one of main talking points for the causes of the war on tv now, is still - a viral weapon that only infects based on Russian genome. (The true pure blood one, whatever that is). Transmitted by trained birds.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 3. Jul 22, 08:06

fiksal wrote:
Sun, 3. Jul 22, 05:28
Tamina wrote:
Falcrack wrote:
don't forget that one of main talking points for the causes of the war on tv now, is still - a viral weapon that only infects based on Russian genome. (The true pure blood one, whatever that is). Transmitted by trained birds.
Is this a joke or real?
I would like to see this to belive, if you have some link.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 3. Jul 22, 18:15

EGO_Aut wrote:
Sun, 3. Jul 22, 08:06
fiksal wrote:
Sun, 3. Jul 22, 05:28
Tamina wrote:

Is this a joke or real?
I would like to see this to belive, if you have some link.
no it's not a joke, I will search for a first hand link that can be translated.

EDIT

You would need to run though Google Translate, there's a lot. First two are more interesting.

https://ria.ru/amp/20220310/infektsii-1777497449.html
biological weapon to be delivered by birds

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14027233
weapon that targets ethnicities

https://www.google.com/amp/s/meduza.io/ ... mi-ideyami
the summary of lunacy

https://www.1tv.ru/news/2022-06-18/4314 ... na_ukraine
a movie!
"
What goals did the American biolaboratories pursue on the territory of Ukraine, and why was their existence hidden for so long? Who is behind the massive collection of genetic material around the world, and is it true that the Russians are being hunted? These and many other questions have tried to answer the creators of the film "Bioweapon - Devil's Laboratories". Alexander Lyakin met with the authors of the investigation.

So, premiere. Watch the documentary "Biological weapons - the laboratories of the devil" on Channel One tomorrow after the Sunday program.
"

https://www.1tv.ru/news/2022-03-24/4245 ... na_ukraine
long article about global conspiracy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tass.ru/ar ... 987899/amp
biological experiments, info is from Russian Army

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Wed, 6. Jul 22, 23:06

there you have ukrainian propaganda in action ...
"the man destined by history to be the leader of the national liberation movement" ... stepan bandera

heroic musics playing in the background ... broadcasted by ukrainian state TV ...

yayyy !!! we all love the nazis now :) (we 've just "misunderstood" the intentions of those dirt bags, apparently .. :roll: is that right ?!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC9zI60 ... ATVEnglish

... seems to me like .. the more desperate ukrainians become, the deeper their often praised "morality" and sense of rightousness gets puts through the bull sh*t pond
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 7. Jul 22, 16:02

Guess you got it all wrong then - and you fell for russian propaganda. There is no black & white here - as always.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 7. Jul 22, 17:11

@JSDD This is one of the (many) reasons I am absolutely against Ukraine being part of the EU. West Ukraine, but also other parts of the world, are glorifying Nazis as heroes as they thought against the Soviet Union, which is often seen worse as the Nazis - and rightfully so! The Russians on the other hand are praising the Soviet Union, an equally evil mass murdering machine in human history and collaborate with Nazis on top of that by themselves.

As chew-ie says: There is no black and white.
However, words are one thing but actively killing civilians is far worse - Nazis or not.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 7. Jul 22, 19:54

That's like asking who was worse- Stalin or Hitler?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 00:45

Tamina wrote:
Thu, 7. Jul 22, 17:11
@JSDD This is one of the (many) reasons I am absolutely against Ukraine being part of the EU. West Ukraine, but also other parts of the world, are glorifying Nazis as heroes as they thought against the Soviet Union, which is often seen worse as the Nazis - and rightfully so! The Russians on the other hand are praising the Soviet Union, an equally evil mass murdering machine in human history and collaborate with Nazis on top of that by themselves.
both "systems" in which we lived during the 2nd half of the 20st century are .. "ways, paved with the best of all intentions" .. but still "lead directly to hell" :roll:
capitalism is one system that (sort of) functions somehow (but still needs state intervention sometimes) while the other (communism) didnt work out very well ..
(dont ask for the chinese system, its neither communism nor capitalism, its just a bunch of goons and thugs dominating over 1 billion people .. with fear and suppression)

soviets arent as bad as they are portrayed these days ...
they send a black guy into space, while in the USA black guys werent allowed to take the bus and sit where they wanted
one principle was equality, a "western value" the french revolution brought forth ... that doesnt sound as bad these days, i mean just take a look how many people voted for bernie sanders

the problem is that the soviets degenerated the system into a (kind of) dictatorship
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 01:14

what's a more relevant to this topic:

is YouTube video about Bandera and resurfacing of his name, worse than ongoing mass murderers by the Russian Army, Kremlin, Putin.

I would say any currently spilled blood is always worse.

And a second question, looking at current events, is it even news worthy?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 09:04

fiksal wrote:
Fri, 8. Jul 22, 01:14
is YouTube video about Bandera and resurfacing of his name, worse than ongoing mass murderers by the Russian Army, Kremlin, Putin.
So much THIS!

Russia very like to point out atrocities done 80 years ago, while doing as bad or worse RIGHT NOW.

Last, but not least, it's very rich from Russia to use nazis as en excuse, while they worked together with them for 1/3 of WW2 and cooperated really tight with them pre-WW2 (including a lot of German war industry and development, to bypass WW1 sanctions), significantly contributing to their rise and starting the WW2.

Oh, and since couple of weeks Russia is working with Ukraine in POW exchange of Azov batalion from Mariupol.
So much for using the mythical nazi card. Russia sentence to death only just some two poor guys from UK and one from Moroco - where are those legions of nazis?

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 14:56

Meanwhile in Putin's Russia:
On 8 July, the Meshchansky District Court of Moscow sentenced Aleksei Gorinov, a municipal councillor of the Krasnoselsky District, to seven years in prison. He was accused of disseminating “knowingly false information” about the Russian Armed Forces under the recently introduced Article 207.3 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. This is the first case of an individual being sentenced under this article.

Aleksei Gorinov was indicted for a statement he made about Russian aggression in Ukraine during a council meeting on 15 March. He spoke about the deaths of Ukrainian children resulting from the war, which the Russian authorities continue to describe as a “special military operation.” Authorities said that Aleksei Gorinov had conspired with Elena Kotyonochkina who was presiding over the meeting “to discredit the military using his official position”. Elena Kotyonochkina escaped the arrest by leaving the country.

The official investigation into Gorinov’s case took only five days.
Source - Amnesty International:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... raine-war/

Few days ago in Belarus:
On 5 July, a court in Kirausk, Mahiliou Oblast, sentenced Danuta Pyarednya, former student of Kulyashou Mahiliou State University, to six and a half years in a penal colony. She had been accused of “harming the national interests of Belarus” (Article 361(3) of the Criminal Code) and of “insulting the President” (Article 368(1)), a conduct that should not be criminalized in the first place.

The Belarusian authorities detained Pyarednya on 28 February, for reposting a text criticizing Vladimir Putin and Alyaksandr Lukashenka for waging war in Ukraine. A top student, she was promptly expelled from the university. On 10 June, while she was in detention, the Belarusian State Security Committee added her to the official list of “individuals involved in the terrorist activities.”

Source - Amnesty International:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... ukashenka/

Looking forward to whataboutism about Snowden because...West is bad and stuff...

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 20:16

More than four months into the invasion of Ukraine, Russian President Vladimir Putin bragged Thursday that the conflict had only just begun. And he challenged Western countries supporting Ukraine to “try” to fight Russia on the battlefield.
Link

"When weak, appear strong", it seems that's what we're seeing. I guess we can expect more empty threats and tough rhetoric in the near future in the style of North Korea or China.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 20:21

"Putin bragged Thursday that the conflict had only just begun"

Even given the state-controlled media and authoritarian rule, I doubt that such statements will go down that well with the majority of the thinking Russian populace.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 21:27

Kaliningrad Governor just proposed exteritorial rail and highway through Lithuania - what can go wrong from this point on?

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 00:36

Russia has threatened Poland, Finland, Sweden, Lithuania... This is the fifth month of war and Putin's threats to NATO countries mean nothing. Russia is still powerful but it's not the superpower many of us thought before, so at this point Putin's threats seem more for domestic consumption. With every passing month Russia resembles North Korea more and more.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 14:25

Col. Markus Reisner gives a new strategical overview of the war. Inclusive statements of weapon deliveries, losses, wheat and tactical informations.

https://youtu.be/dEbLuAPobao

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sat, 9. Jul 22, 14:29

notaterran wrote:
Sat, 9. Jul 22, 00:36
Russia has threatened Poland, Finland, Sweden, Lithuania... This is the fifth month of war and Putin's threats to NATO countries mean nothing. Russia is still powerful but it's not the superpower many of us thought before, so at this point Putin's threats seem more for domestic consumption. With every passing month Russia resembles North Korea more and more.
https://www.forces.net/news/russia-vs-b ... ries-stack

you need to understand that russia has not even mobilized all the troops
dont forget that russia leads the world in missile technology (not the US, not china and certainly not spaceX)
russia has most nuclear warheads (about 50% of all nukes in the world)

the thing that russia doesnt have is a big and strong economy (as the US) ...

Return to “Off Topic English”