Russia-Ukraine War

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Olterin
xr

Re: Russia-Ukraine War?

Post by Olterin » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 00:17

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 24. Dec 21, 04:50
Russia has been attacking Ukraine for years, albeit short of a full assault. The question is if Ukraine is valuable enough to Putin to ignite a 3rd world war.
For all the rhetoric at play here, do you really believe that Russia invading Ukraine, which is not part of any major military alliance, would ignite an actual World War? I fail to see the connections that would cause such a wide-scale conflict. A second Cold War I will not doubt for one second... but a hot conflict? Russia has nukes, I very much doubt the other nuclear powers would want a direct war..?
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 00:50

And that is exactly what Putin is betting on, that the rest of the world just leaves Ukraine's fate up to Russia. NATO hasn't pulled out of Ukraine, yet, or signaled a willingness to do so. What do you think will happen if Putin decides to test NATO's resolve and attack?
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 12:01

It was provoked by NATO / US, so in my opinion it is logical that RU acts as the protective power of the Donbas areas.
At least RU passports will be delivered, then there will be elections and it will be decided whether there will be a stay, connection or independence. The result is then implemented using RU.
I don't know why you are so upset about it. :rant:
But i am 100% sure that UKR will not be conquered completely, max. RU minority areas like Donbas.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 12:46

Same arguments for occupation of Sudetenland in Czechoslovakia in other words. I just wait for some EU political imbecile to come and claim that we will have "peace in our times" too and we got 100% repetition of same farce we had in 1938.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 13:13

Warenwolf wrote:
Sat, 25. Dec 21, 12:46
Same arguments for occupation of Sudetenland in Czechoslovakia in other words. I just wait for some EU political imbecile to come and claim that we will have "peace in our times" too and we got 100% repetition of same farce we had in 1938.
No CZ had no civil war on their teritory like UKR now. And they did not stopped energy and pension money Transfer to the people befor the conflict started.

Here how it all started and involved parties.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 20:40

So Russia attacking Ukraine is somehow NATO's fault? lol...

See, Olterin? The Russia propaganda machine has convinced its followers that Ukraine has to be under Russia's control and their aggression is all NATO's fault, despite NATO having never attacked Russia.
Last edited by Vertigo 7 on Sat, 25. Dec 21, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 21:24

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 25. Dec 21, 20:40
So Russia attacking Ukraine is somehow NATO's fault? lol...
Yes, if Ru would attack UKR.

............."How can you rely on equal relations when the United States and the West are in such a position?" Criticized Gorbachev in the interview. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the West appeared “arrogant and self-righteous”. “You declared yourself the winner of the Cold War.” As the “winner”, the West decided to build a “new empire”. That led to the expansion of NATO. Since then, this has been a source of tension between Russia and the West.
Michail Gorbatschow
Source

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 21:33

You don't need to explain it any further. You're convinced that Russia is justified to ignore the sovereignty of and attack Ukraine cuz 'reasons' and no one will be able to convince you otherwise.
rebellionpac.com

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 21:53

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 25. Dec 21, 21:33
You don't need to explain it any further. You're convinced that Russia is justified to ignore the sovereignty of and attack Ukraine cuz 'reasons' and no one will be able to convince you otherwise.
Well, that's the way it is in this world. No matter if Germany, USA, Israel or Russia etc. All have their 'reasons' to justify a 'Casus Belli', poor world .....

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 22:18

Maybe that's the way it is in Russia and other hostile countries. Most of the rest of the world doesn't attack their neighbors and blame others for it. Even most of the US's wars have been in retaliation for attacks. Sorry, comrade, you're wasting your efforts on me to try to justify Russia's bs.
rebellionpac.com

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 23:56

By your definition it's OK to attack your neighbours sometimes as long as most of the times you just attack for retaliation?
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 26. Dec 21, 02:05

I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics you took to arrive at that conclusion, but that is not at all "my definition".
rebellionpac.com

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 26. Dec 21, 09:56

What are "the good" doing in the Golan or Palestinian territories.
Why were "the good" armed forces in Syria?
"The good" have also thrown Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, ... into chaos.
"The good" can deal a lot of mil. equipment and oil with US, and spew on human rights and women, and kill ppl.

What have "the bad" done that it is justified to bomb them back into medival and to sacrifice tens of thousands of people? How can someone find freedom when he can not fight for himself, or his land without intervere of others.

"The ugly" thing about war is that the lie dresses up the clothes of truth and is accepted, but not the naked truth. (Proverb, hope its correct, EN is not my mother language you know)

And those were just a few mistakes made in the last few decades.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Sun, 26. Dec 21, 10:32

Whataboutism at its finest.

Did other countries have and had foreign policies with predatory goals or motivated by infantile adventurism? Sure. But if others rape women, that does not give me right to do the same, claiming others do it too?

In other news, Finland and Sweden received their ritualistic, yearly threat from Russia regarding their foreign policy regarding NATO - foreign diplomacy at its finest :roll:.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 15:50

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 25. Dec 21, 22:18
Even most of the US's wars have been in retaliation for attacks.
Didn't take much brains to figure that out.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:25

Cpt.Jericho wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 15:50
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 25. Dec 21, 22:18
Even most of the US's wars have been in retaliation for attacks.
Didn't take much brains to figure that out.
And yet, you still, somehow, interpreted that as me saying it's okay to start a war. :lol:
rebellionpac.com

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:59

Exactly.

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Thu, 30. Dec 21, 20:05

It seems that a likely scenario would be an invasion of the Donbas (Link) and obviously Russian propaganda would frame it as a response to Western aggression. I wonder what Biden / NATO could do, if anything.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Fri, 31. Dec 21, 10:22

notaterran wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 20:05
It seems that a likely scenario would be an invasion of the Donbas (Link) and obviously Russian propaganda would frame it as a response to Western aggression. I wonder what Biden / NATO could do, if anything.
Maybe you should know more background.
From Jack F. Matlock

And you know about Minsk II - Uno resolution 2202 ? Most US medias did not.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 05:33

notaterran wrote:
Thu, 30. Dec 21, 20:05

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... e-invasion

With certain political actors emboldened by US debacle(s) in ME and her weakness due to political tribalism + EU's chronic political impotence - I foresee that we who live in Europe are heading towards interesting times.

Return to “Off Topic English”