YouTube

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

YouTube

Post by felter » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 21:04

Even though there are just a few left here, I was wondering if those few have been having issues connecting to YouTube lately, as I keep getting a message that I'm not connected to the Internet when trying to go to YouTube and the issue can last for a mere minute or two to several hours.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: YouTube

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 21:12

You might be calling up an old or expired link from a cache. Try clearing your browser cache(s) when it happens and see if that helps.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe your security settings kicking in if the vid is on a http:// rather than an https:// link - but that could be complete rubbish too. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 21:44

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 21:12
You might be calling up an old or expired link from a cache. Try clearing your browser cache(s) when it happens and see if that helps.
It's usually sufficient to do a force refresh (hold down CTRL and tap F5) in the browser to fix an issue like that, you shouldn't need to clear your entire browser cache.

@felter: No, not having any issues like that with Youtube.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 21:57

felter wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 21:04
Even though there are just a few left here, I was wondering if those few have been having issues connecting to YouTube lately, as I keep getting a message that I'm not connected to the Internet when trying to go to YouTube and the issue can last for a mere minute or two to several hours.
I had something like that like a few days ago for a day or two (e.g. ocassional message that not connected to internet, but often more like general video loading and buffer slowdown).
The other internet pages were working fine, so it must had been some random server issues on YT side.

It went away as mysteriously as it came.

berth
x4

Post by berth » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 23:06

No problems with Youtube here..

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 17:26

Get it occasionally with Chrome, or sometimes all the time with chrome. The way around it i've used is to have a video url saved and just use that and not youtube homepage.

Once youtube loads up on the video, the homepage of youtube seems to work fine. I have not bothered to look into it whatsoever. Similarly links with googleadsense in them via search results often come up with too many redirects; just grab real url from end and visit direct.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 01:18

Right now I think the problems are both because Youtube and Firefox have recently updated, I think Youtube have had several updates over the last week or so and it's causing problems. I was starting to think it was a Firefox issue, as when it happened if I went onto the Brave browser (chrome) it worked, but I have also had the same issue on Brave, so I now think it is more a YouTube, and it’s updates that's causing the issues, with a pinch of Firefox on the side.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 16:28

felter wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 01:18
Right now I think the problems are both because Youtube and Firefox have recently updated, I think Youtube have had several updates over the last week or so and it's causing problems. I was starting to think it was a Firefox issue, as when it happened if I went onto the Brave browser (chrome) it worked, but I have also had the same issue on Brave, so I now think it is more a YouTube, and it’s updates that's causing the issues, with a pinch of Firefox on the side.
You might be onto something - I'm using Firefox as well and it's not uncommon for it to act quirky for a few days after update.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 16:31

I recall one day YT f*cked up and when you tried to type letter "f" into YT search box it instead triggered search rather than typing the letter "f".
I had to copy/paste letter "f" for a few hours till YT patched it :)

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 12:03

It could be to do with the addons too - I do run ad blockers and also don't allow cookies from third parties (indeed, that latter one may have YT as an exception as I think it stopped working entirely).

Return to “Off Topic English”