How man hours have you played X games?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

garia666
x4

How man hours have you played X games?

Post by garia666 » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 11:49

Over all the X games i own i am currently at 1324.5 hours of game play.
x4 still 200 hours less then X rebirth.

I wont be an exception here i wonder how many hours do you have on record?

jlehtone
x4

Re: How man hours have you played X games?

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 15:13

Statistics -- like politics, but honest?

X2 and X3R/TC/AP had "Uplink" feature for people to upload game stats to Egosoft server.
For example: https://www.egosoft.com/games/x3tc/statistics_en.php
There you can find "Time in game". Obviously those numbers could be result of hitting SETA and going to lunch, and its just for one playthrough. You get some lower bound from them though.

Steam shows "real time used", doesn't it? I have couple seconds in one of the games; started client by mistake -- never loaded a game. :roll:

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 8. Feb 22, 00:13

Lord, since I've been playing X games for nearly 20 years, it'll be a very high figure. - I think X3 TC would be the highest, but that's mainly because it wasn't superseded for a long time. I can't say with certainty, but I'd guess it may be around 5,000 over that time.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 11. Feb 22, 15:25

Too many. Far, far too many. Mainly in X2 and Terran Conflict, though Reunion probably had an unhealthy number of hours as well. BtF, I played about a week or two before X2 was released and soon ran away never to look back, and I never got into Albion Prelude - It just felt 'meh'. Rebirth I finally started playing at the end of 2020 and... Wandered off soon after. I never got the hang of it and it just felt completely 'off'. I'll give it another go at some point, but there's no rush.

X4 I haven't actually bought yet. I was going to get the Collector's Edition, then they added the music (or removed the version without the soundtrack, something like that) and bumped the price up to silly money, so out of stubborn spite I'm holding out till it goes overly cheap.

berth
x4

Post by berth » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 00:17

1324 hours is "only" about two months of playing time so, no, not very much for these games.
I can't find my ranking in the list that jlehtone linked but, for TC alone, I'm sure it's a lot more than that. For X3 I'd installed the "no fog" mod iirc so those numbers don't show. But that was also a long, long time, several months for sure.

EDIT: Phew! Thought I'd lost my saves (last played on a different PC >10 yrs ago) but found them eventually. It turns out that X3 and TC together rack up about 100 hours more than the OP, but still nowhere near as much as I thought I'd played. But add to that my first X3 playthrough (basically treading water until certain stuff was added) and however many hours it was on X2 and you get....some time.

It's all about available time and that seems to be a dwindling resource for me ;)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 07:02

berth wrote:
Sat, 12. Feb 22, 00:17
1324 hours is "only" about two months of playing time
Because who needs to eat or sleep, amirite? :D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 11:22

pjknibbs wrote:
Sat, 12. Feb 22, 07:02
berth wrote:
Sat, 12. Feb 22, 00:17
1324 hours is "only" about two months of playing time
Because who needs to eat or sleep, amirite? :D
First X was released some 22 years ago? If one could retcon to play from start, but just one hour per day, one would have some 8k hours by now.
But why do that when you can let each game run on separate PC 24/7? That should rack up some hours (and be more productive than cryptomining). :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 00:23

Well too many to comfortablely admit to.
I've got 940 hours in one TC game. Lots of plays of TC and X3 Reunion to add.
currently have 720 hours across three games in X4:F.

Played a couple of hndred hours of Rebirth but I's the one title despite it's gorgeous backdrops and soundtrack I won't revisit.
AP maybe half the time of Rebirth The additions/losses compared to TC didn't quite justify sinking any further 1,000s of hours

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 19:15

According to Steam, 130 hours in X3 TC, 70 odd in AP - but it doesn't include X2 which I had the disc for, and undoubtedly, clocked up far far greater numbers. I'd estimate 400 or so in X2 alone as it was my default game for about a year at one point!

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 14. Feb 22, 22:11

Well in excess of 10,000 hrs in all X games, Steam has 1880 hrs for Rebirth without the No Steam exe. X3 Terran in excess 5,000 hrs not counting Reunion and Albion. I have certainly had value for money from Egosoft. Rebirth (with mods to remove all aspects of mini games/pathing etc) is I think (with hindsight) on balance the best game they produced, certainly Rebirth VR is just sublime, some of the most memorable graphic images I have experienced in any game.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 15. Feb 22, 09:19

birdtable wrote:
Mon, 14. Feb 22, 22:11
Well in excess of 10,000 hrs in all X games, Steam has 1880 hrs for Rebirth without the No Steam exe. X3 Terran in excess 5,000 hrs not counting Reunion and Albion. I have certainly had value for money from Egosoft. Rebirth (with mods to remove all aspects of mini games/pathing etc) is I think (with hindsight) on balance the best game they produced, certainly Rebirth VR is just sublime, some of the most memorable graphic images I have experienced in any game.
100% with you on Rebirth, with X2 a close second for me.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Fri, 25. Feb 22, 22:36

X3TC ... well over 10K hours ... played and modified it several years (since 2009 for about 8 years or so) for many hours a day, almost every day
X4 ... not even 3 hours, the same is true for XRebirth
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 2. Mar 22, 19:54

Incalculable! Just with the Steam version of X4 (not counting the GoG version), it's 4750 hours (very, very little SETA). X-Rebirth at last count was over 2500 hrs. But I've been playing X games since X-BTF came out in 1999, so I can't even begin to give an accurate figure. :doh:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “Off Topic English”