Converting a Child MS account to Adult account

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Redvers Ganderpoke

Converting a Child MS account to Adult account

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 14:43

Has anyone done this? I've googled this and none of the options that come up actually exist. There isn't anything on the My family page to change it either (if it is it's called something completely different!)
A flower?

felter
xr

Re: Converting a Child MS account to Adult account

Post by felter » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 18:11

I don't understand this, surely if you had entered the correct birthdate into the personal info when the account was created, does it not automatically change when the person becomes of age, which I presume is 18. mind you saying that, we are talking about Microsoft here, so I wouldn't be surprised if they messed that up. Or if the Birthdate is wrong, you could change the Birthdate on their profile, you can do that here.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 18:25

Most places won't ask for a birthdate for a child, especially under the age of 13 (pretty sure its a law that protects PII for kids that prohibits asking for that information). you may have to detach the account from your "family" and then reattach it as an adult family member.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 21:54

Birthdate is correct. Turned 18 earlier in the year (eeek @CBJ!!) . Still showing as a child account. Probably MS have mucked something up!
A flower?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 22:09

:o

Return to “Off Topic English”