No need of framerate

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Karesz74

No need of framerate

Post by Karesz74 » Sat, 22. Oct 22, 10:13

I think we are double crossed with the framerates, frame per seconds. If I want a pixel to glow, it has a starting time and an ending time, and like this with many pixels we could get continous, or fluid moving pictures on the screen, without the need of any frame. The LCD monitors working like this also, the pixels are glowing continously, from on to off.

The same the CCD, through that we could get fluid videos, instead of 30 or 60 FPS. The only thing is to watch the ligth sensors and notice the time when the ligth is on and off, timing individually every sensors. With the same technic we can play this on an LCD monitor, just switch on and off the pixels in time.

I think many of LCD monitor or TV trying to work like this, avoiding frames, and this is why the latency of the picture. It is watched if in the next step the pixel is on or off, and if remain on, not necessery to switch it on and off, doing this in 60, 100, 120, 144, 200 Hz, and like this the picture of the screen is better, more natural. The latency is necessery and not disturbing at all, ecxept maybe in very fast games, the system has to know the next state of the pixel before decide to switch it off or remain it on.

So the point is that absolutly not necessery that all of the pixels of a picture make together in one moment in a frame, 30 times a minute if it is a moving picture, instead of the old celluloid technic the moving pictures can make continuously, timing all of the pixels individually. I think many compressed video format working like this, sometimes if I started to see in wrong place, the parts of the movie are freezed, until a sincronising point.

So the technology is real, but we can't get it in movies, in games.
Please forgive me it's hard to explain, but a simple, easy thing.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: No need of framerate

Post by CBJ » Sat, 22. Oct 22, 10:55

I'm afraid I don't really understand your point, but it's definitely not a Tech Support question, so over to Off Topic we go.

Karesz74

Post by Karesz74 » Sat, 22. Oct 22, 16:56

The point is that from here it looks like the game engine build the landscape, than take a picture about it from the point of the player, 60 times in a second, and those pictures goes to the screen.

If I have the landscape and I see trough a magnifying glass, I can see only a part of it. The magnifying glass coud be used by the game engine as a HD or 4K or anything resolution CCD camera. Every sensor of the CCD knows the strength and the color of the ligth, and every single sensor individually streaming the state of the ligth to the corresponding pixel of the LCD. So in HD resolution there would be 1920x1080 individual streams. It would be as much as possible an analog input, fluidly moving picture on the screen.

At the end we can see the landscape trough a real magnifying glass, one side the CCD, the other side the pixel, and both the same.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 22. Oct 22, 17:48

I think I understand what you're saying, and if I do it does sound a bit unusual. You seem to be suggesting that in a simulation, the area in the field of view should be treated differently? If I'm wrong, I apologise, if I'm right, I'd suggest it does sound a little like an episode of 'tales from the armchair.'

*edit* - And just to add, for clarity, I understand the game's limitation is usually processing power rather than graphics, which I'm sure you appreciate is often gonna be the case in such a huge simulation.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Karesz74

Post by Karesz74 » Sun, 23. Oct 22, 17:23

Yes. To get the game on the screen without any fps.

Return to “Off Topic English”