Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Trump - Criminal Procecution

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 30. May 23, 00:10

matthewfarmery wrote:
Mon, 29. May 23, 17:58
And there are some screwballs in the GOP that needs to go.
The whole damn party needs to go. It's been what, 50-60 years they've been pulling in the extremists? Not once did any of them stop and reconsider that just maybe promoting things that appeal to Nazis and other white nationalists is a bad thing. Instead they've doubled and tripped down on the bs.

Screw em. They can all die in a fire.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 30. May 23, 01:37

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 30. May 23, 00:10
The whole damn party needs to go.
I don't think you are referring to everyone who subscribes to a conservative philosophy. Keep in mind, the Republican party has those on the left, center and right of the party, just as Democrats have right, center and left. Actually, conservative liberals are very similar to liberal conservatives and they make up the greatest percentage on the distribution curve.

Nothing wrong with being a conservative. In fact, we need both conservatives and progressives (liberals) at different times to counterbalance each other. It is the extreme on both sides that cause most of the problems, but those groups are a small fringe minority.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 30. May 23, 02:29

You can be a conservative without subscribing to the philosophies of the GOP.

I'm talking about loyalty to party over country. Every single one of them that has ever uttered the phrase "law and order". Every single one of them that stood silently by over the decades and allowed the festering cesspool to bring those like Diaper Don, MTG, Bimbobert, Gym Jordan, et. al. to the driving force of the party. This didn't happen over night.

Every single one of them share some level of blame for the state of the GOP, some obviously more than others. There's no redemption for them.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 31. May 23, 08:32

Now its emerging that Evan Corcoran was steered away from searching some areas, before the FBI search. He was told to look in the storage unit, but later, when he asked about searching elsewhere, he was told no. Seems that this person who was interfering with the search of documents was another lawyer named Boris Epshteyn. So more obstruction. And more lawyers who will be questioned.
=

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 31. May 23, 10:25

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 30. May 23, 02:29
You can be a conservative without subscribing to the philosophies of the GOP.

I'm talking about loyalty to party over country. Every single one of them that has ever uttered the phrase "law and order". Every single one of them that stood silently by over the decades and allowed the festering cesspool to bring those like Diaper Don, MTG, Bimbobert, Gym Jordan, et. al. to the driving force of the party. This didn't happen over night.

Every single one of them share some level of blame for the state of the GOP, some obviously more than others. There's no redemption for them.
Indeed - for the sake of the american conservatives (if one wants to "rescue" them) they have to cleanup their ranks and redefine their purpose. The Trump chapter can be one of the starting points to "make conservatives great again". Or let it go down in history - maybe we as a species are in the process of overcoming conservatives, who knows. In Germany we have a similar "rot" the involved parties (literally) have to sort out.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 00:39

Observe wrote:
Tue, 30. May 23, 01:37
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 30. May 23, 00:10
The whole damn party needs to go.
I don't think you are referring to everyone who subscribes to a conservative philosophy. Keep in mind, the Republican party has those on the left, center and right of the party, just as Democrats have right, center and left. Actually, conservative liberals are very similar to liberal conservatives and they make up the greatest percentage on the distribution curve.

Nothing wrong with being a conservative. In fact, we need both conservatives and progressives (liberals) at different times to counterbalance each other. It is the extreme on both sides that cause most of the problems, but those groups are a small fringe minority.
I remain a registered Republican, primarily because I live in a heavily red state where the winner of the Republican primary is almost guaranteed to win the general election. Staying registered Republican allows me to at least influence the election.

My views are a mixture of both typically conservative and liberal viewpoints. Neither party represents my views perfectly, and though my views are more conservative leaning, I don't define myself in conservative or liberal terms.

I did vote Republican most of my life, up until 2016, when I recognized Donald Trump to be a liar, bully, narcissist, and generally a clear and present danger to our nation. Since then I have voted mostly Democratic, even when their politics do not always align with my own, because I feel that the Republican party has largely lost its way and is entirely controlled by the extreme, fanatical populist fringes. The Democratic party, while not perfect, is not as far gone and has a larger share of responsible leaders remaining.

To me, the number one, overriding factor in who gets my vote is character. Are they an individual with integrity, compassion, a good work ethic? These factors are far more important than whether they advocate for a specific policy position. Donald Trump fails spectacularly on the character issue, and Biden does quite well on it, so even if I do not agree with Biden on all issues, or even if I agree with Trump on certain policies, I will vote for Biden every time. A serial adulterer like Trump, who cannot be relied upon to honor sacred vows in his private life, should never be entrusted with public positions of power and responsibility.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 20:04

Concerning the document that Trump was talking about on the tape, there is no record of it found anyway (basically missing). So Trump's lawyers can't produce the document. So, Was Trump A lying on the tape? or B is the document still hidden somewhere? or C could it have been sold? I think B and C are more likely, I still think Trump may still have documents hidden somewhere. But again, I wouldn't put it past him, if this document has been sold.
=

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 2. Jun 23, 21:05

Is any media source anywhere suggesting Trump is, or has, sold secrets for money? Just curious.

We know Trump is a pathological liar :D

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 00:51

he needs to be asked directly. Whatever answer he gives, the exact opposite of it is most likely true.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 3. Jun 23, 19:01

Chips wrote:
Fri, 2. Jun 23, 21:05
Is any media source anywhere suggesting Trump is, or has, sold secrets for money? Just curious.

We know Trump is a pathological liar :D
I guess it's because this one document that Trump is talking about in the tape, hasn't been recovered. There are still some areas that haven't been searched, Bedminster comes to mind. As one of his late wives is buried there. And there's some speculation that she might not be there, but something else is. But yes, they are rumours. But some have noticed that her casket was very heavy. Unless he contained something more then a body. Yet the place hasn't been searched by the FBI. And even members of Trump's legal team have been told not to search there.

And this is the place where the tape recording was taken. However, I don't know if the FBI will search that place? there seem to be no indication that they will. But I would have thought with this new information, that a search warrant should be drawn up.

So where else could this document be? As it seems to be, if correct, a very important document that has gone missing.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 15:13

Trump might get indicted soon, the special grand jury that been looking into the documents case will be reconvening soon, possibly this week. I bet Trump will be as mad as hell if he gets indicted. But I really hope he is. I hope he gets slapped with obstruction charges at least. So fasten your seat belts, this is going to get interesting.
=

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 17:05

Of course he will be mad - he's the last person on earth who would own his failures :>

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 4. Jun 23, 22:27

So Trump is having a melt down because Mike Pence has been let off for taking those few documents that he shouldn't have had, the ones he returned as soon as he found out he had them> Trump is shouting Pence has been acquitted why have I not been acquitted we did the exact same thing it's all just a witch hunt. Let's be honest, the only thing that is the same between the two was that they both had documents that they shouldn't have had and that's it, as I said Pence gave them back as soon as he found them and had searches done to make sure he didn't have any more, Trump on the other hand took them on purpose, kept them on purpose, hid them and lied about having them, and refused to return them claiming they belonged to him. Of course, Biden came into the argument, but even what he has said about that is total fantasy. Meanwhile, it looks like this week could be his worst nightmare week as an indictment could be incoming, which will be super fun to watch.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 17:51

Trump's lawyers have been seen going to the DOJ office today, I guess they are getting nervous of the news of indictments. Also, the Pentagon have weighed in, about the document that was on tape, they are saying, its confirmed missing. That is pretty big news, so the real question becomes, where is this document?

Another possibility on why his lawyers are at the DOJ, they could be trying to do some kind of plea deal. But with the seriousness of what he has done, and this missing document. I would say that the chances of a plea deal is low. Even then, for a plea deal to happen, Trump will have to admit to his wrong doings in a open court. And I seriously don't see him doing that. Or even if he does, as soon as he is out of the courtroom, he going to say something else.

I suspect his lawyers will try and cut some kind of deal to keep him out of prison, but I honestly hope, the DOJ doesn't accept any plea deal. As Trump deserves none.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 7. Jun 23, 22:16

Trump has been informed by the DOJ, that an indictment is going to be really soon. The grand jury may vote soon, or might hold off until more evidence is gathered. There was also a flooding incident at Trump's Home a bit ago, A maintenance worker drained the pool and it flooded the IT room. But nothing in the room was damaged. But suspicions are raised over its timing, and it might not be the first time, the IT room had been flooded.

I'm sure Trump is going to go full scale meltdown over the news that he going to be indicted real soon, unless he already is? But yeah, lets hope its real soon.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 01:51

I think Trump's lawyers were told the other day there, that it's not IF Trump was going to be indicted, it was more a matter of WHEN was Trump was going to be indicted, as the following day he started messaging things like why am I being indicted, meaning he had been told and knew it is going to happen.

That pool incident is pretty interesting on many levels, for starters, a few days before it happened the guy responsible for it happening asked the IT guys about it, which is quite a coincidence and not just that he is also one of the people that is recorded moving boxes in and out of the room where the files were being stored. You also have the fact that there is also the new grand jury opening up in Florida, which I think is being done to see if some of the parties involved can be prosecuted in Florida because the potential crimes would have been committed in Florida rather than DC, example the pool guy. While Trump is going to be prosecuted in DC, especially as Trump admitted to having personally taking the files from the Whitehouse in that CNN town hall, which implicates him in committing a crime in DC rather than Florida. I also would not be surprised if it all started happening at the end of the week or the beginning of next week.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 16:33

So things are starting to come together, and we are beginning to get a bigger picture of what is happening. To start, it has been confirmed that trump has been officially informed that he is the target of the grand jury investigation, now while that doesn't actually mean anything has happened it is normally the precursor to someone being informed they are about to be indicted while not actually being indicted. It also explains Trumps recent ranting about him being indicted, though he has since said he has not been indicted, yet.

The new grand jury in Florida as far as I'm now aware, this is where Trump and whomever else involved will be charged and prosecuted. It looks like the DC grand jury has found no crimes were committed in DC, so no one can be charged there. About the nearest to a crime being committed there was with Trump taking the files from DC, the snag is he was still the Sitting President when he did so and as the President he was entitled to take those files, so no crime committed. It does though look like they found multiples crimes were committed in Florida, hence why the new grand jury in Florida and why Trump has been informed that he is the target of the grand jury. The biggest problem with the new grand jury is that they have to hear all the evidence presented to the previous grand jury, this doesn't mean all the witnesses will have to testify all over again, but it does mean that all the evidence will be shown to them and someone will have to sit down with them and read back all the previous statements the previous grand jury heard, which will probably take time how much time is anyone's guess. My guess is that not all the evidence will have to be presented to them, just the pertinent stuff and any evidence that would or could be used in an actual trial, but as I said that's just a guess as I just don't know.

But it is all starting to come together and looks like it is on the final stage.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 01:58

Welp, it's official. DOJ has indicted the Oompa Loompa king. Charges will be announced after his arraignment.
rebellionpac.com

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 9. Jun 23, 02:10

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 9. Jun 23, 01:58
Welp, it's official. DOJ has indicted the Oompa Loompa king. Charges will be announced after his arraignment.
Trumps response: “I AM AN INNOCENT MAN! This is indeed a DARK DAY for the United States of America,”

He said more, but it's all equally boring.

Return to “Off Topic English”