Known issue? X3:TC freeze or long hang when rep up after trade

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

kmunoz
x4

Known issue? X3:TC freeze or long hang when rep up after trade

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 1. May 22, 01:08

I'm wondering if this is a known issue with a solution or a workaround. I've been playing X3TC and I notice that whenever one of my automated ships completes a trade at a station that results in a reputation change (which produces the message at the bottom of the screen saying you're now considered "X" with the faction), especially if I'm running in SETA, the game freezes and the music goes into a short loop. I can occasionally get out of the freeze eventually (though I'm not sure if any of my actions are having an impact - I can't alt-tab out but I can bring up the ctrl-alt-del screen), but most recently I hit a freeze that lasted over 5 minutes so I eventually gave up.

I don't recall this ever happening when the trade doesn't result in a reputation change. However, if the trade does result in a reputation change, it always happens.

I don't know if the problem is with the rep change itself or with the combination of rep change and trade event. I've not yet gotten a rep change from anything other than trading, since that's all I'm doing.

The freeze happens *before* the display of the rep change, presumably between the trade event and the rep change display.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Known issue? X3:TC freeze or long hang when rep up after trade

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 1. May 22, 11:04

The reputation change is most-likely accompanied by a voice message and/or other audio signal, which may cause the audio loop / game freeze. X3 games are rather picky about audio codecs. See this topic on some suggestions what to look for.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

kmunoz
x4

Re: Known issue? X3:TC freeze or long hang when rep up after trade

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 2. May 22, 04:53

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 1. May 22, 11:04
The reputation change is most-likely accompanied by a voice message and/or other audio signal, which may cause the audio loop / game freeze. X3 games are rather picky about audio codecs. See this topic on some suggestions what to look for.
I appreciate the suggestion! I will look into this.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”