[Fixed] X3FL freezed by random buged stations/sectors using price finder/manual trader/ship menu/docking

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Perahoky
x4

[Fixed] X3FL freezed by random buged stations/sectors using price finder/manual trader/ship menu/docking

Post by Perahoky » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 14:10

Hello,

Edit 14.10.2022:
fixed with v1.3.3 cycrows unofficial patch
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=448962

Original post:
my game just was 4 times hanging in endless loops.
It just freezes and CPU goes 100% which probably indicates an endless loop somewhere. I can only kill the process.

i can upload a savegame, bu i cannot tell when it happens as its random.
I'm trading using price finders (R, C, 5, 6, increase range, enter, enter) and had 4 freezes near these actions.
I dont own much stuff (not a big savegame), dont use any mods, clean install and its not a long savegame.

Please solve.
its really fearing and frustrating to know the game can freeze everytime and you loose all your progress again. 4 times again.

Thank you

Windows 10 with latest updates
MSI Geforce 3070 TI TRIO Suprim
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
SSD 860 evo plus
Asus B550 Gaming E
32gb RAM 3000mhz

Edit: fixed wrong mainboard spec
Last edited by Perahoky on Sat, 15. Oct 22, 00:39, edited 5 times in total.
"Hope is the last force i have"
"This is how liberty dies, with thounderous applause"
***Modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3FL Steam Game hangs/freezes in endless loops randomly reproducible

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 14:15

Have you verified your Steam X3:FL game installation? I would do so separately for each of X3:TC, X3:AP and X3:FL in turn as the later games use some of the earlier game files.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 14:24

Hello,

thank you.

i just validated and it said "all 2207 files successfully validated".
Edit: I've only installed X3FL and it downloaded and installed all other game files too.

i'm about updating some drivers (chipset, gpu) but i doubt this would change the behavior. I'll keep you updated when it happens again.
It simply looks like a endless loop under some circumstances in my opinion.
Its the same like when i write a infinite loop in script editor (which is NOT active).
All 4 freezes are somehow connected to trading/price finders (at least the timing).

Edit: i'll provide dxdiag soon

Edit3: i've ""installed"" X3TC and X3AP but the games where not "downloaded" or "installed" but just instantly "active". I couldn't even choose a path or something.
So i verified the game files again, but it looped to all 3 games (verifiying TC... Ap... FL) and said "all 3189 files successfully validated".
***Modified***

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 17:19

You could try the unofficial patch and see if it solves your issue.

Just be aware it will.mark your game as modified

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 19:03

Game freezed again while using price finder.

Why dont you release the unofficial patch with the fixes?
no offense.

unhappy screenshot from taskmanager
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkgr71ic8e6sk ... r.png?dl=0
the "4% CPU" is 100% on one core/thread.

dxdiag
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5wour66h9amg ... g.txt?dl=0

EDIT:

i provide a savegame. But keep in mind the problem happens randomly (until now while using price finder (5, 6)). Not sure whether it happens within minutes or hours.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr635g0awsbhg3d/X08.sav?dl=0

i'll maybe try the unofficial patch

cu
pera
***Modified***

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 19:36

Perahoky wrote:
Sun, 2. Oct 22, 19:03
no offense.
The unoffical patch is released, its available in the Scripting & Modding forum

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 21:58

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 2. Oct 22, 19:36
Perahoky wrote:
Sun, 2. Oct 22, 19:03
no offense.
The unoffical patch is released, its available in the Scripting & Modding forum
i mean as official patch.
***Modified***

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Mon, 3. Oct 22, 06:47

I am fairly sure, that my games suffer from the same freeze - when using the BestBuy/BestSell-Locators on remote controlled trade ships (MORT). I have spoken about it multiple times in the past. Reactions only indicated that this is not a common thing though. To avaoid a near certain freeze (after reloading a game) stop all remote trading, neglect your traders for a while. They may miss out on a lucrative sale - but I was able to avoid freezes every once in a while (not guaranteed).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 3. Oct 22, 10:30

That Manual Trader issue is in fact common enough that it is mentioned in the X3 Tech Sp 'Common Problems and Resolutions' Sticky thread here.

"Repeatable Freeze at the Same Point in Game Time after Loading a Gamesave (Manual Trader).

If you experience a repeatable game freeze at the same point in game time after loading a gamesave, then check whether you have any traders set to manual trade. Under certain rare trading conditions, these can cause a game freeze at the time of docking and on trying to make the trade. Cancelling the trade command for all manual traders before the time of the freeze should determine whether or not this is the cause in your case."

It appears to relate to an infrequent specific situation when the manual trade instructions have an issue with the unreserved stock or free space left in the target station.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Perahoky
x4

Freeze reproduced!

Post by Perahoky » Tue, 4. Oct 22, 19:21

Hello,

Edit9 08.10.2022: I think i find the best possible state/savegame to reproduce for now.

While reproducing the bug i found that its a random timed problem at random stations switching over time. Every station can be affected. Multiple actions trigger the bug see below.
See my savegame.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvb15tahyuzcrdl/X07.sav?dl=0

Steps to reproduce:
- Load the savegame (unofficial patch and plugin manager required)
- You are in Empires Edge (ger "Imperialer Grenzbereich") and bugged Station "Space jewellery" (Raumschmiede) is selected
- Try to dock the selected station (SHIFT+D)
- The game freezes
- The station is unbugged after some time waiting (SETA) and other random stations are affected

The bug (freeze) in a bugged sector/station is triggered by
- Price finder for any ships in this sector
- Docking a affected station with player ship
- Call the ship menu of a docked ship on bugged station

I think its all the same bug and it matches the past freezes/behavior of the game.

- You can still call the ship trade menu (d) from R player property menu for the ship, but ENTER ship menu freezes
- I cannot see any bugged visible values on the station
- Random stations are affected. there was a 2nd bugged station in this sector, but i dont know when. maybe its a random value which causes the bug.
Edit6 08.10.2022: I can reliable reproduce it
Show
Savegame
I have installed Cycrows Unofficial patch using PluginManager and activated script editor. You cant load the savegame without it.
Spoiler
Show
Community Plugin Configuration :: Cycrow :: 1.60 :: 21/03/2021 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Hotkey Manager :: Cycrow :: 1.21 :: 03/01/2012 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Plugin Manager Library Scripts FL :: PluginManager :: 1.00 :: 19/03/2021 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Ware Manager :: Cycrow :: 1.20 :: 10/04/2021 :: Library :: Yes :: No
Unoffical Patch :: Cycrow :: 1.3.2 :: 03/09/2022 :: Patch :: Yes :: No
Steps to reproduce:
Load the savegame
Your are flying to orbital accellerator.
Press R (player property)
Got to Trader "T7 Delphin" (which is in Sector empires erdge)
Press Enter
Press 5 or 6
Game freeze instantly.

May work with other ships.
Further investigations indicate that there is some correlation between the bug and specific sectors which cause the problem/freeze. In case of T7 Delphin It is "paranid empires edge" (Imperialer Grenzbereich).
Every ship which jumps into this sector is bugged and will freeze the game, but not outside the sector. there are other sectors affected too. probably its because of some values of stations. For example full storage.
Edit5 07.10.2022 i start to reproduce it
Show
I think i can now reproduce it:
Take this savegame. Start it.
You are in "The Void gamma". Press R. You have 6 Trader (T1-6). Keep them trading/running. Choose a trader which has finished, press 5 or 6 to buy or sell wares. Keep them running and the game crashes withing minutes.
I think it depends on what ware (station) i choose to trade. I choosed Cahoona, Rastar, Energy, Nostrop, Ore. So maybe it does not crash this fast.
Is there some way to activate debugging/logging to a file in script editor?
Edit3 06.10.2022
Show
Edit3:
Game just freezed/crashed again. thats 7th time this week. Started 10 minutes before.
i was able to take a screenshot from the freezet game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyz0pq4nwp990 ... e.png?dl=0

as you can see there are activate traders. thats because i'm using best buy/sell finders and i dont want to miss it.
@Cycrow 's unoffical patch is installed.
Edit 05.10.2022
Show
==
The game freezed again.
So this is the 6th time the game freezes. in less than a week.
This time it was outside price finder window and with manual traders active. So yah maybe its the manual trade which is bugged. Years ago i had a 100 hours TC savegame with many manual traders - never got this bug before.
Please fix it :(
==

Original post:

yesterday my game froze again under the known circumstances.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 3. Oct 22, 10:30
That Manual Trader issue is in fact common enough that it is mentioned in the X3 Tech Sp 'Common Problems and Resolutions' Sticky thread here.

"Repeatable Freeze at the Same Point in Game Time after Loading a Gamesave (Manual Trader).

If you experience a repeatable game freeze at the same point in game time after loading a gamesave, then check whether you have any traders set to manual trade. Under certain rare trading conditions, these can cause a game freeze at the time of docking and on trying to make the trade. Cancelling the trade command for all manual traders before the time of the freeze should determine whether or not this is the cause in your case."
The game freezes after hours, maybe minutes. Not related to loading a save. its not reproducible after reloading.
Every freeze was related to price finder window - yes i know it uses manual trade, but it never happened outside of price finder (best buy/sell price) window.
So not sure whether its really manual trade command - i would expect it to happen outside price finder window too.

maybe we can find a real fix for this please ? :) Some last good fix :)
I dont know the code ofc but for me looks like some race condition/infinite loop.
Random freeze crashes feel very frustrating :( Everytime you loose much stuff time and you fear the next crash ...

Yes its maybe not the best point to start debugging, but i think when we fix this last annoying bug its very stable and good and satisfying :)

i think X3FL is a very good extension with good important GUI and feature improvements. Good work :)
DanKara wrote:
Mon, 3. Oct 22, 06:47
I am fairly sure, that my games suffer from the same freeze - when using the BestBuy/BestSell-Locators on remote controlled trade ships (MORT). I have spoken about it multiple times in the past. Reactions only indicated that this is not a common thing though.
Thank you. I would be very surprised if i was the only one. it seems to be a random recurring problem and such bugs are less reported.

Thank you all very much
pera
***Modified***

Perahoky
x4

Re: X3FL freezed by random buged stations/sectors using price finder/manual trader/ship menu/docking (reproduced)

Post by Perahoky » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 00:37

Hello,

My issue is resolved - thanks to Cycrow and his Unofficial patch new version v1.3.3 !
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=448962

I cannot reproduce the bug with my last guaranteed-buged-savegame anymore.

Thank you very much!
The last thing i would expect is a public non-modified official release of these fixes for all other people and so on :)

Have a nice and happy weekend all!
cu
pera
***Modified***

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”