X3TC No voice

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Sgt Ed
x3tc

X3TC No voice

Post by Sgt Ed » Sat, 24. Dec 22, 13:01

Hi, I started playing again and I'm having problem with the actor voices.
None of them is playing. The scan me and I just see the video of the actor's face but no voice, I speak to people in stations/ships and again the same.
Not even the voice that explains everything (selecting ship, encyclopedia, etc)

Messing with the voice volume doesn't seem to change anything.

Same goes for music, only the effects are playing fine.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3TC No voice

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 27. Dec 22, 10:59

X3 games use an XP OS era engine and employ DirectShow/DirectSound/EAX from DirectX 9.0c. For that reason they are not always compatible with many surround-sound system layouts on later OSs such as Win 7-11 and try to push everything through the centre speaker instead. In your sound console, switch to Stereo or Quadraphonic (with fill mode if you wish) rather than 5.1, 7.1 or theatre mode and see if that helps.

If it doesn't help then consider updating or reinstalling your sound driver in use (make sure it is the sound device manufacturer's latest WHQL driver). I would advise that any other enabled sound devices and drivers that you do not use are disabled in Device Manager, Sound/Audio Devices (right-click on a device in the listing for a disable/enable pop-up).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sgt Ed
x3tc

Post by Sgt Ed » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 18:58

Finally a friend that knows how to do those things came by today and after all these, nothing.

In my laptop there are no such problems, so might it be a hardware problem?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 20:37

OK, so what type is your system sound device, what peripherals do you use to output the sounds, and what sort of connection(s) from PC to speakers are you using? To lose just some specific channels like that *usually* means incorrect sound set-up, misconnection, or damaged/unseated plugs, sockets or cabling (depending upon the answers to my first questions obviously).

If using multiple cables for sound, you could try HDMI or even a USB device - or vice-versa.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”