X3FL cursor and target reticule are bugged

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Neuroschmancer
x4

X3FL cursor and target reticule are bugged

Post by Neuroschmancer » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 12:18

I am having a bugged cursor and target reticule in X3FL. This does not occur in X3TC or X3AP. I have a modded X3AP using LxXRM. X3FL is a completely fresh and clean install from steam. I haven't done anything to it but launch it for the first time.

Here are three pictures showing that the mouse cursor is a very small box that looks like a fat "-" sign. And that the target reticule as well as target indicators look really odd and seem to be filled in from random icons from the x3 UI icons.
https://imgur.com/a/vn8bXQR
This shows what happens when "T" is pressed and what is supposed to be the animated targeting bars show up but instead it gives a glitched looking flowing icons.
https://imgur.com/a/oA7qfy4

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: X3FL cursor and target reticule are bugged

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 19:39

If your X3AP installation is not in a completely separate directory to your X3FL installation, then what you are seeing is likely a cause of your modded X3AP game. Both X3AP and X3FL are installed as "addon" and "addon2" to the X3TC main directory and share files with the base game.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Neuroschmancer
x4

Re: X3FL cursor and target reticule are bugged

Post by Neuroschmancer » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 00:04

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 11. Mar 23, 19:39
If your X3AP installation is not in a completely separate directory to your X3FL installation, then what you are seeing is likely a cause of your modded X3AP game. Both X3AP and X3FL are installed as "addon" and "addon2" to the X3TC main directory and share files with the base game.
That was it! Thanks. I renamed my root X3 folder in steam to another name and then had steam redownload all the files for TC fresh and clean. I then added FL on top of that. Everything is now working.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”