Character cut-in display bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Wing2137
xr

Character cut-in display bug

Post by Wing2137 » Thu, 28. Sep 23, 01:25

This is a bit of an odd one…

I’m playing Farmham’s Legacy for reference.

So you guys know those NPC videos that play when you hail an NPC to speak with them? I’m referring to the video that plays at the top right whenever you communicate with random NPCs.

Well… lately I’ve had a strange bug where a Teladi will talk to me during combat or if I hail them directly, and the video of them talking will be a Goner instead. It seems to only be happening with this specific Teladi voice combo. I think it’s supposed to be the default pirate looking Teladi, as I have not seen that display for some time. It’s as if the files are out of place or something, and the game is referencing the wrong video file. Does anyone know where this file is located? I have a feeling I can fix it if I patch in a backup. I suppose I could also reinstall if all else fails.

I’m not sure how I even encountered this bug. I have mods installed, but none of them mess with that part of the game to my knowledge. The only thing that changed recently, is I tried to update Cycrow’s plugin manager, and it kept failing, so I had to download the installer and update through an actual reinstall. I did notice that some ships I modded in were out of place. For instance, ship x became ship y in game, as if the mod load got messed up. I did notice that the video glitch started happening around the same time. I fixed the ship problems, but am at a loss on how to fix this video glitch short of reinstalling.

Does anyone know where the those video files are? If I can replace them with the vanilla, it should theoretically fix it.

Thanks! :)

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Character cut-in display bug

Post by N8M4R3 » Thu, 28. Sep 23, 10:38

Wing2137 wrote:
Thu, 28. Sep 23, 01:25
Does anyone know where the those video files are?
There are located in the \mov folder:
  • 00144.dat at Terran Conflict
  • 00244.dat added with Albion Prelude
  • 00344.dat added with Farnham's Lagacy
Then there is a file in the same folder containing single video timings from each video(stream):
  • 00044.pck
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Wing2137
xr

Re: Character cut-in display bug

Post by Wing2137 » Fri, 29. Sep 23, 12:57

Thanks!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”