[SCRIPT] X3TC Cheat Package : v1.70 : Updated: 20/03/2021 (TC/AP/FL Compatible)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 06:03

It does try to open another page but that just says that the page is unavailable. Other webpages will open so I know its not my browser. It doesn't matter if I try to left click or right click.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 20:34

Any chance of getting the link working?
Just says failed network error if i right click it and save as.
Thanks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 21:00

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 05:25

Thank you, it really is much appreciated. This cheat script could add hours and hours of more fun.

chaosdaemon

can't download from link.

Post by chaosdaemon » Mon, 2. Jan 17, 18:30

Every time I try the link it just displays pages of characters. Is there another way to get this package?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 2. Jan 17, 18:52

Right-click on the link and use the "save as..." option (or similar). Lots of characters being displayed usually means your browser tries to open the file directly instead of saving it.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Wed, 4. Jan 17, 07:52

I'm still having that same problem. Whether I left click on it or right click and hit "save as" it only has the jibberish.

interal
x3tc

http server settings

Post by interal » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 22:24

in order for the browsers to recognize a download you need to setup the Mime type for the .spk extension any unknown extension is treated as text

workaround for the users is to save as html and rename the file extension to .spk

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7229 ... e-download

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 22:52

Hi - is there a ZIP version for AP? I want to use this cheat script with LU mod.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 23:25

I don't have a handy link but I think there were a couple of tools that can unpack spk files, including some installed by the Plugin Manager. But since I know you want to use this for LU, DO NOT install the Plugin Manager in a directory where you have LU or intend to use to install LU on top of it. See if you can just install the SPK tools.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

shanjoo

Cheat package

Post by shanjoo » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 18:14

whenever I try to download and open your mod(as a zip file), I get a popup notice saying it don't recognize it as a valid archive.
do you have it available for spk download?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 18:27

Both downloads linked in the opening post are already spk files. If your browser tries to save them as a zip file, then that's the problem you have to look into.

See also what interal wrote a couple of posts above.

shanjoo

Post by shanjoo » Mon, 24. Apr 17, 18:39

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Both downloads linked in the opening post are already spk files. If your browser tries to save them as a zip file, then that's the problem you have to look into.

See also what interal wrote a couple of posts above.
I figured it out. just had to replace .zip with .spk and it worked just fine.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 25. Apr 17, 10:55

did you try to download and open via the browser ?

or did it happen just be clicking on the link ?

i did set the web server to advertise the files as zip archives to try to prevent some web browsers from opening them up as text.
but they should still download as spk files

interal
x3tc

Post by interal » Fri, 28. Apr 17, 11:44

another way to install the spk is to copy the link and paste it in open file inside the plugin manager thats how i do it

crycrow why dont u use mime types for it? the octet stream should do fine?

AddType application/octet-stream .spk

or google "htaccess octet stream"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 28. Apr 17, 13:47

i did use a mime type, but i used the Archive one.

i will try octet-stream

xsnoopdogx
x3tc

Post by xsnoopdogx » Tue, 9. May 17, 17:59

Hi cycrow, after downloading your package I had a Problem with the installing progres.I can't open,unzip or install it.

I try to translate the german error text.

"E\SteamLibary\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon\cheatcollectionpackageap-v1.62-18.12.2011.zip >the Archive is maybe an unknown Format or it's damaged<"

can you help me please?

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Tue, 9. May 17, 18:34

The file which you can download in the opening post is not a .zip file, but an .spk file. As Cycrow explained above, he set his webserver to advertise the file as .zip file to prevent browsers from opening it directly. Try changing the file extension from .zip to .spk. Then you should be able to install it using the Plugin Manager.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

interal
x3tc

Post by interal » Tue, 9. May 17, 18:46

guessing crycrow didnt have the time yet to fix it
theres no need for zip once he uses octet-stream in his http server config for the spk files

all we can do i the mean time is rename .zip to .spk untill its fixed

xsnoopdogx
x3tc

Post by xsnoopdogx » Tue, 9. May 17, 19:09

hm ok those things I had done before and understaqnd as well but how I could change zip in spk??

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”