[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network : V1.22 : 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 23:20

Hi,

at first thx for this script. I use it a long time to send ships to the reported sectors.

Today I set a SFWS Wing. When a allert comes the wing jumps to the sector and kill all enemies. Thats good but then they return to the homesector and dont refuel thats bad :D
So I have send them back to their hombase to refuel but is there an allert so they allwas try to fly by foot to the reportet sector.

So the SFWS wing is not useable for me.

Is there any solution for this problem in sight ?

CU Thalon

Viviox
x3ap

Post by Viviox » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 11:15

I have problem getting this Script to work with Automated Satellite Network v1.33 by alex2069 . I send my ships to deploy SAT in box type formation using ASN v1.33. But ended up with just 1 satelitte in a corner. Its not in the middle or anywhere useful, but in a corner where no one pass by.

Does your this script of yours work with ASN v1.33 by any chance? or should i remove it so i can use your script alone. I like both, seems like they were built for each other :lol:

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 20:07

Hi,

I have enhanced the Cycrows script a little.

It will now works together with Lucikes Security and Rescue Service.
You can now set in the config menu that the SRS will fight the enemies that was reported from a satellite.

Also the sat's will now be sorted by alphbet and sector. So it's more easy to find a sat.

[ external image ]
The picture is from the german version but it will work also for the english.

Download:

Satellite Early Warning Network 1.30

Installation:

Copy the files and overwite them all

Thx to cycrow for this script.

CU Thalon

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 21:05

Sorry for the doubble post. But found a little bug.

For all that have downloaded the Ver 1.30 plz download again and overwirte the files.

Cu Thalon

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 18. Nov 10, 04:37

Hi there. I was wondering if this script worked with the stealth adv.sats from the salvage suite or is it only vanilla adv.sats?

Thanks.
Cheers.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 19. Nov 10, 17:27

i've no idea how stealth adv.sats work so i cant say for sure.

but if they are classed as advanced satalites, then it sohuld work

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 04:02

Am i stupid or i cant set the SEWN response wing?

I tried searching the hotkey menu nothing, i searched trought all ship command nothing either....

Does it need a station to run on?

Mirador
x4

Post by Mirador » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 19:40

Hi Cycrow. First let me thank you for all the great work you do, it is much appreciated!

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm not sure what i am doing wrong, or if it is a design feature, but it is frustrating me.

The wings are working fine for automated defence of my sectors, alarm sounds, they launch from station, defeat enemy, return to station. Perfect! But then they launch from station again and just hang around the area until i manually tell them to return to home base.

This causes an issue when the location they defend is in another sector. they all jump there, use thier e-cells, then get called again, jump, run out of fuel, and return home slowly via xenon sectors and get destroyed.

I'm not sure if it is something i have done wrong, and i am also not sure how to fix this behaviour. i just want them to destroy enemies and then go home...... and stay home until the next alarm.

any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

xyla16

Post by xyla16 » Sat, 4. Jun 11, 16:26

There's a bug sending a blank unknown message each time a satellite in the network is getting destroyed. The cause of the problem is the "[ ]" showing the log book when a satellite is destroyed.

Anyone think it's possible to remove those "[ ]" off the satellite name?
Where should I start?

Maybe there's a way to turn off the message for satellite only?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 10:51

@ ThalonMook:

I was trying out you script wit the SRS add on to this, how do you get the SRS to work with the SEWN?

Do i need to setup the SRS to patrol all the sectors or do i just turn it on and start the SRS with no parameters?

I setup a carrier with SRS but he just seems to patrol around the sector he started in and just not jump to sectors showing reds.

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 19:42

Hi,

you have to configure SEWN that the SRS will be alerted if a enemy is in the sector.

CU
Thalon

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 22:05

ya I did that by selecting yes for SRS in SEWN, but my SRS ships do not seem to jump to the sector to defend it?

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 18:29

BUG-REPORT: Albion prelude, ver1.1, SEWN from bonus pack, not sure what version is it.

I assigned a M7 to a Wing and from combat menu to the SEWN def-thingy. All it does is "idling" untill something gets VERY close. Also the ship wont jump or react to alerts, has jumpdrive, e-cells and autojump in "yes"

EDIT: Do i have to assign my ships to one of the special "SEWN-wings" or does any color-wing work too?

EDIT2: Assigning the ships to "SEWN-wings" seem to improve the performance. They do however often go on a "standoff" just waiting near an enemy, even if whole wong is present.

EDIT3: Is there a way to make the whole wing jump about the same time. Mine jump one after another and die going in alone.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 23:32

In the (X3AP Bonus Plugin) Satellite Early Warning Network thread I saw this post from Mon, 26. Dec 11:
Cycrow wrote:it is much improved over the original TC version
Is there an improved version for TC?

As an alert system, this version works fine. However, I noticed a couple of quirks with the response wings:

- Wings do not always stop defending a SEWN satellite once they begin. They seem to ignore new alerts, even after they have vanquished all of the enemies from the original alert.

- If I manually address each alert by sending the response wings home after they do their job, then they do not always react to new, incoming, alerts.

I cannot figure out, for sure, whether these two problems happen sometimes or always. They appear to be sporadic, but I also shut down and reload the game, so that might cause them to reset.

Is there a way to get SEWN wings to return to ready-for-duty-mode?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 23:41

DrBullwinkle wrote:In the (X3AP Bonus Plugin) Satellite Early Warning Network thread I saw this post from Mon, 26. Dec 11:
Cycrow wrote:it is much improved over the original TC version
Is there an improved version for TC?

As an alert system, this version works fine. However, I noticed a couple of quirks with the response wings:

- Wings do not always stop defending a SEWN satellite once they begin. They seem to ignore new alerts, even after they have vanquished all of the enemies from the original alert.

- If I manually address each alert by sending the response wings home after they do their job, then they do not always react to new, incoming, alerts.

I cannot figure out, for sure, whether these two problems happen sometimes or always. They appear to be sporadic, but I also shut down and reload the game, so that might cause them to reset.

Is there a way to get SEWN wings to return to ready-for-duty-mode?
theres no improved version for TC yet, alot of the improvements are AP specific thou, they use some of the new commands/abilities added to AP
mainly its the menu handling that is different
there are a few other fixes that will eventually be backported thou

for the wings, they are supposed to return to thier homebase after killing all ships. I assume sewn is showing no more enemies (ie not red labeled)

there has been no changes in the sewn wings in the TC and AP version, so they should be the same.

you can try to cancel thier wing orders (setting them to none)
they should hopefully return after that.

swatti, the jumping together is difficult to achive, all the ships are ordered to jump together, but like all AI controled ships, they all get queued up at the gates, and its the gates that choose which ships to let through each time
The scripts have no access or ability to change this behaviour

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 23:57

Cycrow wrote:for the wings, they are supposed to return to thier homebase after killing all ships. I assume sewn is showing no more enemies (ie not red labeled)
Yes. The red label is gone.
you can try to cancel thier wing orders (setting them to none)
they should hopefully return after that.
OK, that is one thing that I have not tried.

On a related note, I have another minor report that does not bother me: SEWN response wings run out of energy cells and can no longer jump. I figured that is intended behavior (or simply not addressed), so I worked around it with CSecG (Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator). A tender would work just as well.

Presumably, that problem would not happen, either, if the wings actually returned home after their defense task.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 23:59

yeah the idea is that after finishing thier task, they will return to thier homebase

btw, do you have thier wing homebase set ?

if you have the resupply settings setup, they'll get thier needed energy from thier homebase

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 00:15

Cycrow wrote:btw, do you have thier wing homebase set ?
I was just double-checking that when you asked. :)

Yes, all wings have a homebase and resupply settings set. That is why I used CSecG... because they refused to refuel.

Is there anything like a debugger for the script editor? Something with watches and break points? Or a way to write to the message log that is independent of variable type? I would like to watch how some of these scripts run, but I often do not know the variable types, which stumps me when it comes to output.

I still get stumped easily in the Script Editor. :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 20:25

Test Update:

I gave Stop orders to my SEWN wings. They show Cmd None and Action None.

No hint of going home.

The SEWN alarm is repeating an "Emergency signal from Scale Plate Green" every minute, and three SEWN wings are just sitting around not responding.

To be honest, the wing responses have never worked reliably for me. Sometimes they work; sometimes they don't. I figured it was just an incomplete feature. I was patiently waiting for an update. I only spoke up when I heard that SEWN had been updated for AP.

But I *like* SEWN. It is lightweight, simple, direct. And I can assign any size wing that I want. It's a good system. It would be nice to have the wing response work more reliably.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 21:39

you can enable the additional information, this will display what scripts are currently running on the stack

ill have to try test them further

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”