[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network : V1.22 : 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 23:38

Cycrow wrote:you can enable the additional information, this will display what scripts are currently running on the stack
Initial State
I don't see anything on the stack resembling move or attack or defend or sewn. CSecG (v2) is the only thing on the stack, and that has Priority=100. Same for all three ships in Alpha Wing.

Test 1
If I manually run plugin.sewn.callwing, the wing responds to the threat.

Under these conditions, I see:

wing.ship.attackformation
turret.protect.std
move.follow.template
turret.protect.std
turret.missiledefense
CSecG

That looks generally good to my inexperienced eye.

With enemies gone, the command stack stays about the same. Presumably that is because I ran the callwing script manually rather than it running under the control of the satellite.

Test 2
I sent SEWN Alpha Wing home, then cheated a Xenon P into a SEWN sector.

SEWN immediately alarmed. A couple of Argon Military ships responded. SEWN Alpha Wing... just sits there, at home. Nothing on the stack except for the turret scripts and CSecG.

Alas, I do not know how to watch the stack for the satellite. What else can I test? (Or should I leave you alone and let you work on it when you get to it?) :)

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 13:37

Is it possible to isolate SEWN response fleets? Say I want Hatikvahs Faith and Seizewell to be guarded by SEWN wing 1 and SEWN wing 2 respectively and and ONLY their respective sectors.

edit and this is way more important
Cycrow, any word on a new way to select satellites? For people like me that every game aim to have an advsat in every sector on every gate it's simply daunting to find all five satellites in Hatikvahs Faith or whatever sector. Can you sort satellites by sector or give us an option to add target (satellite) to SEWN network with a hotkey or something?

:)
Thank you for your script all the same it's wonderful.

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 14:45

It would be really cool to see this with default settings for Unknown and Enemy sectors that could be set "globally." That way, individual satellites wouldn't have to be hunted down if one wants to change their settings.

Oh and/or having the satellite list sort satellites by sector (either by default or by some option) would be really awesome (and even more awesome if they were further sorted by location in the sector). Perhaps there is a setting and I'm just missing it?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 17:50

Probe1 wrote:Can you sort satellites by sector or give us an option to add target (satellite) to SEWN network with a hotkey or something?
While sorting would be nice for a future version, there is something that you can do right now: Rename your SEWN satellites. That makes them MUCH easier to find on the list.

I simply remove the "Your Advanced " from "Your Advanced Satellite", leaving just "Satellite". The change in length makes these satellites very obvious in the SEWN satellite list.

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 21:40

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Probe1 wrote:Can you sort satellites by sector or give us an option to add target (satellite) to SEWN network with a hotkey or something?
While sorting would be nice for a future version, there is something that you can do right now: Rename your SEWN satellites. That makes them MUCH easier to find on the list.

I simply remove the "Your Advanced " from "Your Advanced Satellite", leaving just "Satellite". The change in length makes these satellites very obvious in the SEWN satellite list.
Unfortunately, I don't think it would help me. I add all my satellites to the list.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 09:28

Small update needed imo.

Running v1.1 AP:XRM

This should run a check every few minutes: Enemies, if yes = Kill em, if no, dock home.

Refueling needs to be a bit more reliable too. If low on fuel, a set number maybe, the ship will refuel and return to duty after that.

Zaknafein
xr

Post by Zaknafein » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 19:02

Bug here too:

when i select "capships only, excluding m6" i still get the alarm messages when a m6 enters the sector.
there is no difference between "capships only" and "capships only escluding m6" which is pretty much annoying because i only want to be warned for m7,m2 and m1

im using the ap bonus pack version.

greetings
Ofc ***modified***, modders doing what Egosoft cant.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 17:26

Why do we need to use the Bonus Pack version if we are playing AP? I prefer to manually install mods/scripts and I don't see a manual download for the bonus pack version of this.
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 18:38

Getting the odd bug again. Alarm -> Ships jump in, fight and jump out. THEN they jump back in. I want them to wait at the home-base!

Also, they dont really use the closest gate to jump in. I use M2s and M6 pack so jumping closer would be a biiiit more effective.

Sheathanaich

Post by Sheathanaich » Tue, 24. Jul 12, 20:51

Long time since anyone has posted in this thread, but hopefully this bump and question will hopefully get an answer.

Cycrow love the script and have been using it many many years, alright since 2008..lol, but with some of the more recent scripts for salvaging that have entered the boards I kinda like playing as an out and out salvage prospector. Now SEWN is absolutely the best at getting first hand knowledge of sectors that are entering into some sort of conflict. So here's my question can this script be made fully automated in regards to having my sats listed in the network...... I'm usually forgetting to do this on a regular basis and when I have 6+ explorers mapping the Galaxy and deploying sats in sectors, by the time I update my list is rather long !!! lol.

Anyways great script, extremely useful and very productive for salvaging tycoons.
Clan Shaw - "Sons of the Thane"
Mic an Toiseach

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 18:34

dotoslocos wrote:Bug here too:

when i select "capships only, excluding m6" i still get the alarm messages when a m6 enters the sector.
there is no difference between "capships only" and "capships only escluding m6" which is pretty much annoying because i only want to be warned for m7,m2 and m1

im using the ap bonus pack version.

greetings
I'm seeing the same under TC w/ XRM.
Have you solved this issue?

I'm thinking about looking at the code, maybe its trivial to fix...

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Wed, 16. Jan 13, 12:35

I stopped using this script because my FPS drops to numbers between 5-15 fps. This happens when I have all my satellites connected to the network. If i remove them, my fps is stable at around 40 during seta

Note that the fps drop only happens during seta which i use rather frequently.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 16:20

This is a handy script.... one thing that would be handy is a report feature.
shows all satellites with a warning and what ships set that warning off and threat rating. rating can be determined by ship types.
ignoring drones of course....since those can skew the numbers.

I don't know if this would be possible... but it would allow for a quicker response from the player. as well as a hot key to the threat report.
for the quantity, if more than 10 m4/m5 are detected it would be upgraded one level.

m4, m5 , under 10 detected = light threat
M3, M6 up to 20 detected = Medium Threat
M7, M8 , up to 30 detected = Heavy Threat
M1, M2, 31+ detected = Extreme Threat

Earth, Light Xenon Threat
Venus, Extreme Pirate Threat
Jupiter, Medium Khaak Thtreat

it could be made simpler or more advanced depending on how you want to do it, and if you want to modify it.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 12. Feb 13, 09:39

its certainly doable, and a good idea to add.
but wether i get time to do it or not is another question

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Tue, 12. Feb 13, 16:17

Cool, glad you like the idea. Hope you have some free time you want to devote to this, after you have had plenty of fun. 8)

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sat, 20. Apr 13, 11:27

Newbie question but - how do I tell a wing to automatically jump and attack reported sightings? What exactly does the Combat/SEWN-Defend command do?
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

jinkstjb
x3ap

Post by jinkstjb » Sun, 26. May 13, 14:48

I have a weird bug with this script:
SEWN can't seem to remember the 'Detect claimable ships' setting. I set it to "No", save then load again and it's reset to "Yes" again.
I tried the standalone and the BonusPack version, same on both.

Any idea where to look (this is quite annoying with NPC bailing addon active and sats in the warzone :D)?

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 30. May 13, 20:41

ISSUE:

When i ship jumps to "investigate" it goes into "defend SEWN-sat command" and wont attack anything thats not near the sat. It needs to go to "kill nearest to sat" -command, not "defend sat"

EDIT: "Attack all" upon entering sector would also work just fine.

Second issue is M8 bombers. I want to exclude those.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 08:40

Emergency Signal triggered from Pirate Ships neutral to me doesn't feel like a real emergency.
Could there be a friend/foe check be implemented?
Would help me taking Emergeny Signals serious again :)
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 02:47

Is there a way to uninstall this mod completely? So at home I installed this the other night and my pc started to lag like crazy as soon as I hit SETA. I then noticed without it normal ships were stuttering, I don't remember this being normal and it was after I had set the mod to disabled. I started looking into the claims about processing power or lack there of. I'm running an i7 930 at home but felt it was an older i7 and maybe need to upgrade. My work PC is an i7 3770 , so I installed a fresh copy at work. I created a new guy and installed the mod to add a satellite to every system. I then installed this mod and set them all to detect. Same problem but at home I only had about 50 satellites total so the problem at work was even worse.

However here's the problem. At work I then shut the game down and went to the plugin manager lite and uninstalled this mod. Loaded back up the game and there is now noticeable stutter when normally flying around which in a prior save without this installed it doesnt exist. I double checked to make sure the mod was gone, it mostly is but SEWN custom wings still exists at the bottom of my wings. So something isn't completely removed. Can anyone help, my saves at home are all overwritten with these and I feel are now unplayable after having about 187 hours into them, I really don't want to start over. Thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”