[SCRIPT] Improved Boarding : V1.23 : 30-06-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 7. May 13, 05:57

Silent Marauder wrote:when I examine the script file in the "X3 Terran Conflict/scripts" folder
How do you examine those files?

You MUST use an editor made for X3 scripts, such as the in-game Script Editor. A normal text/xml editor will not work. If you want an external editor then use X-Studio Script Editor or Exscriptor. The human-readable portion of X3's script files is just "documentation". The real code is the array of numbers at the bottom.

A normal text editor is fine for other files in the game -- only scripts require a special editor.

Yes, saved games do save the scripts... but your report sounds as though you may have modified the setup file with a text editor?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 7. May 13, 09:43

The confusion comes from 2 different versions of EMP. The ids were shifted.

make sure you update the script to 1.23, old versions of scripts use the older version of EMP.

furidiam
x4

Post by furidiam » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 05:53

is there a version of this that works with AP?

azhaag
x3ap

Post by azhaag » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 13:10

Hi. Ive noticed that some people, like me, can´t see the config menu with improved boarding. I have cheat collection package working fine, but I can´t configure the hotkey in the interface menu. I´ve installed all the requeriments and tryed allmost everything, but i cant make it work.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 16:59

azhaag wrote:I can´t configure the hotkey in the interface menu. I´ve installed all the requeriments
Do you have the Hotkey Manager installed?

azhaag
x3ap

Post by azhaag » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 20:28

Yes, I have installed Community plugin Configuration, Hotkey Manager and Ware Manager. I can set the hotkey for the Cheat Collection, but i cant with Improved Boarding.

azhaag
x3ap

Post by azhaag » Sat, 29. Jun 13, 02:34

I ´ve tryed everything and nothing works, i can´t see the hotkey choice menú. Is there any way to directly change the script to input a hotkey?

Paingod
x2

Post by Paingod » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 06:30

I have the weirdest damn bug with this.

I was in Bala Gi's and got a "Protect the Station" mission - which spawned a Carrack. I rubbed my hands together in glee - this was exactly the moment I wanted and had bought this ware just for it.

I used my Hyperion to work down the shields, jumped into a Pirate Centaur with 8 Ion Disruptors and stripped all it's equipment. I brought in my Phantom loaded with Marines and the 48m Boarding Transporter and 21 Marines. I followed all the correct procedures and 21 Marines boarded the ship easily... but at 100% boarding, a ton of marines appeared in space and scattered from the point of origin near the Carrack.

The Carrack couldn't hurt them (just a shield left) and it trundled off to get captured while I collected the marines that spawned. I wasn't sure what they were from, but I didn't want to lose my marines is this was them. It looked like it was.

I finished capping the Carrack and 20 marines stayed on board. 1 Astronaut spawned outside it and I picked it up - just a regular Boron. I collected all the other Marines in space.

Now I started comparing the two - and the Carrack had 20 Marines identical to those on the Phantom. The Phantom had 1 more... so the game had doubled my Marines, right? I don't think so.

I couldn't transfer the marines off the Carrack onto my Phantom, I assumed because they had the same name.

I brought in my Hyperion and tried to move one to it from the Carrack, and it appeared to - but stayed on board the Carrack as well - so my Hyperion had a clone of the Carrack's marine now, which was a clone of my Phantom's marine ... I checked the Phantom and the marine I moved off the Carrack was gone. Somehow, in moving the Marine off the Carrack, I actually shifted it from the Phantom to my Hyperion.

To test my sanity, I made sure I had the Carrack selected and moved another - and it appeared to stay on the Carrack but vanished from my Phantom and appeared on my Hyperion.

Friggin weird. I'm not sure what to do with this - I love the boarding script idea, but can't use it if it's going to fill my captured ships with ghosts of the marines that captured it.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 10:40

I have long suspected that the Boarding Transporter can create duplicate marines -- like one of Scotty's transporter malfunctions on Star Trek.

It does not happen often, nor can I find the circumstances that cause it to happen.

If you (or anyone) can find a set of circumstances that reliably reproduces the behavior, then I can fix it (probably).

Paingod
x2

Post by Paingod » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 14:52

This was my first use of the Boarding Transporter. Sounds like terrible luck if it happened to me then and there.

I'll try it again on a smaller target and report the results (tonight).

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 18:40

Yeah, I use the Boarding Transporter quite a bit, and have only noticed duplicate marines twice. Ever.

Make a habit of saving before you begin a Boarding Op. If it happens again, then perhaps we can track down the cause.

Paingod
x2

Post by Paingod » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 04:11

I always make a save before I board, and another when I get through the hull, and another after the capture.

It turns out the Marines on the Carrack are the "real" Marines - despite the fact that I can't move them off or use them for anything. They *do* keep the ship fully repaired (thanks to your Marine Training & Repair mod). I simply can't take them off under any circumstance.

I finally tried selling the Carrack and the 20 marines evaporated from the Akurai I had them stationed on at the time of sale. If I put them in Training first, I end up with 20 blank 'Recall' spaces.

So ... the bug created clones on the transporting ship that I *could* shuffle around and sent the originals to the Carrack, where I couldn't remove them afterwards.

I've captured a few ships since this - including another Carrack - with the clones, so they've been in and out of the Transporter over and over, but they still disappeared when I sold the ship they were "really" sitting on. I'm not sure what to do. I can't have a useless Carrack sitting around forever and I don't want to discard 20 well trained Marines (including 4 with 100 combat/very high other stats).

I'll probably clump up the 20 and attempt to capture a Xenon Q with them since they're dead anyway... or just park the Carrack in some remote Equipment Dock and hide it from my inventory list so I don't see it anymore and pretend everything's fine.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 04:19

Paingod wrote:I always make a save before I board
Good. Restore that and you will be all set.

I am more interested in the events that lead to the duplication. That is what we are trying to track down.

billw
xr

Post by billw » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 22:57

This mod is awesome obviously, but I have a bit of a problem (not major I can live with it but annoying): I can't seem to cap the Aran you find in UFJD sectors. I shoot it with my repair laser until it beeps as enemy, then jump back in my ship and use Piracy->Board ship, but it doesn't appear in the list and I can't select it under "Select Ship..." option.

I am also using XRM and a host of other scipts but as far as I know non of them alter boarding. I even tried disabling Improved Boarding in Plugin Manager Lite, but still no luck. Under Piracy->Board ship it still said "Cycrow blah blah" even after disabling mod. Is this right? I thought boarding was made by egosoft...

FYI I am using Bulwinkle version.

UGH never mind apparently there are a bunch of other possible reasons why it won't show up that theres no possible way to know without googling the exact right phrase: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=330869

Sigh, in the end the only way I could get this to work was to change the Aran to a race that I had bad relations with. The Aran didn't stay as an enemy after I attacked it (verified via script commands). Maybe that is something to do with a mod/script I am running..

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 01:57

Improved Boarding works by hotkeys. Not from the Piracy menu.

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 08:15

I happend to have experienced the same bug as Paingod, it seems, playing XRM.
I boarded a Pirate Centaur in HellForge ( i had 15 marines on board of my Wolf, iirc ). Then i´ve collected all the marines in space, using Toucan TP ( one of them appeared to be a "passenger", though, when trying to transfer him to another ship, i showed "stars" ).
Then i tried to sort my marines, after they´ve repaired the capped Centaur.
I could transfer them from and to Wolf <-> Toucan, but i couldn´t move them from the Centaur. I noticed then the doubling effect ( luckily, Paranid names are short, and easy to remember ). I needed the Centaur for some mine towing actions, so i didn´t sell it right away, and when i was boarding a Boron Thresher recently, in the property menu where you can see your marines fighting, i noticed the those "doubled" marines seemed to participate in the boarding operation.
Now, i´ve found out, that i could transfer marines from Elefant to my Split M2, and the doubliing effect occured with some of them ( obviously those i´ve picked up in space in HellForge, but then i´ve transfered them back, and when i tried this again, the doubling effect dissapeared.
So, the only doubled marines i still have are those on the Centaur. Since the Centaur has only place for 8 marines, and it was full, so i couldn´t transfer them back and forth, that seems to me a problem. Gonna sell it, and if the marines dissapear, i´ll have to cheat me some instead, or i´ll just live with the fact they´re gone ( kind of MIA ).

@Dr.B: Note, i haven´t ugraded your boarding tool to the latest version, since my game seemed to be stable, so i must have the one before you included the spacewalking marines repairing ships, i think :?:

Edit: i´ve possibly should have posted this iny your marines thread, Dr.B.

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Tue, 10. Sep 13, 22:53

Hm, another boarding and another transporter bug. This time i could transfer my marines from a captured corvette back to my frigate, but there were their dublicates floating in space. I left them in space, hoping they´d dissapear after a while, and they did, as my original all "commando" 5 star marines from my personal ship. MIA is ok for some coincidence, but this seems to become a rule, rather then exception.
I never had this before the 3.0 upgrade, and i have a feeling there´s smth. wrong with my install, or with the upgrade as such. So, no boarding anymore till the problem gets fixed....

Report end.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 00:54

So I installed this on AP, and the AL options and plugin manager options are there, but not the hotkeys.
Did I miss something?

VaporSnake
x4

Post by VaporSnake » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 08:06

Is there any way to edit the range of the Boarding Transporter Extension? I find the 1km range pretty ridiculous considering that even the transporter device and docking computer functions at 5km.

Altair4

Post by Altair4 » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 22:00

Sorry for the noob question, but is there a way to change how much the boarding transporter costs?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”