[SCRIPT] Improved Boarding : V1.23 : 30-06-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nashnir
x4

Post by Nashnir » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 12:19

Is the use of Boarding Transpoter Extension limited to M6 and M7M or can any ship that can carry marines use it? Cause marines cannot be launched for a spacewalk through an m7

Vagrant Storm
x3

Post by Vagrant Storm » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 06:16

Nashnir wrote:Is the use of Boarding Transpoter Extension limited to M6 and M7M or can any ship that can carry marines use it? Cause marines cannot be launched for a spacewalk through an m7
Works on any ship that can carry marines. I am currently using a Shrike for my boarding operations.

Unfortunately...this transporter is pretty much worthless when dealing with capital ships. Save for M1s or perhaps if you've managed to fry away all the weapons of a ship. You cannot expect to sit 500 meters away from a M2 for any length of time. The 1km range must be from midship to mid ship because in a Shrike I need to get in to about 600 meters before I can start the boarding.

Any one know how to change the range? I think 2km or so would be better....then I won't have to be flying on the verge of collision during the boarding.

Edit...

Found it...duh, I can't see how I missed it. There is a check for distance on line 58 AND on 154...I missed the one on line 154.
Last edited by Vagrant Storm on Thu, 12. Apr 12, 06:46, edited 1 time in total.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 06:26

Not sure if it was mentioned in the last 30 pages which I haven't had time to read, but when it says NPC boarding of your ships, does that also mean that NPCs will board other NPC ships? Will player-owned ships be preferentially targeted for boarding, or will they have an equal chance of being boarded as an NPC ship, or is chance to be boarded based partially on reputation?

Finally, does NPC boarding of ships occur both IS and OOS?

madprof
x3tc

Post by madprof » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 20:04

Transporter distance is in the script file plugin.boarding.tele on line 59 & 154. Up the values from 1000.

Nashnir
x4

Post by Nashnir » Fri, 13. Apr 12, 11:16

Set the Value to 4km. Will try. For 46mil I hope it is worth it

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 20:28

Does this one work with AP? Says "for wrong game" with the plugin manager
Haste-whip TrixX!

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 00:55

madprof wrote:Transporter distance is in the script file plugin.boarding.tele on line 59 & 154. Up the values from 1000.
I changed the value from 1000 to 3000 but it still only works at 1000 or less ingame. I edited the file using an external XML editor. Am i suppose to use the ingame script engine instead?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 01:01

Ragemaster9999 wrote:I edited the file using an external XML editor. Am i suppose to use the ingame script engine instead?
Yes, use the in-game Script Editor or Exscriptor.

X3 xml's have two sections; one for the real code, which is mostly numbers, and one that is human-readable. If you edited only the human-readable section, then you did not change the script at all.

Also, there are two points in Improved Boarding that must be edited in order to change the transporter range. The code is identical in both places, so just search for whatever string you found.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Wed, 9. May 12, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

minoas
x3tc

Improved Boarding Compatibility

Post by minoas » Wed, 9. May 12, 17:44

Is it compatible with AP or is there a version for AP?

Zippe
x4

Re: Improved Boarding Compatibility

Post by Zippe » Wed, 9. May 12, 18:22

minoas wrote:Is it compatible with AP or is there a version for AP?
Works fine for me with AP.

veryinky

Post by veryinky » Mon, 25. Jun 12, 08:34

I'm running AP 2.0, or whatever the most current version is.

The scripts work, but the Boarding Teleporter ware doesn't.

ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM20_17 shows up at Split equipment docks.

After testing, I've found that it's in direct conflict with the Slipstream Drive, also by Cycrow. If I disable the Slipstream Drive mod, the Boarding Teleporter shows up, if I disable it, it turns back into the ZA_EMP_BLANK... if I change the load order, Boarding Teleporter shows up but Slipstream Drive turns into a ZA_EMP_BLANK_CUSTOM20_16

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Wed, 27. Jun 12, 01:08

TouchMyNipple wrote:Does this one work with AP? Says "for wrong game" with the plugin manager
It says that but still lets you install it anyway.

uhulu
x3tc

Post by uhulu » Wed, 4. Jul 12, 22:06

TouchMyNipple wrote:
Does this one work with AP? Says "for wrong game" with the plugin manager

It says that but still lets you install it anyway.
I use it without problems in a modded X3AP game. The main mods are XRM, MARS and FCC.

Now and then I do face the issue with the ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM20_17 Ware, but in my game it apparently has to do with the starting up of the scripts, as the ill declared ware turns into the correctly named "Boarding Transporter Extention" some 10 to 20 seconds after the game started.
Vagrant Storm wrote:
Unfortunately...this transporter is pretty much worthless when dealing with capital ships. Save for M1s or perhaps if you've managed to fry away all the weapons of a ship. You cannot expect to sit 500 meters away from a M2 for any length of time. The 1km range must be from midship to mid ship because in a Shrike I need to get in to about 600 meters before I can start the boarding.
That's where I use the newly introduced Argon Phantom or Teladi Bat TPs. With 4x200MJ (Phantom) and 5x200MJ (Bat) of shielding these ships take quite some punishement while being able to carry enaugh marines for the big caps. Of course these TP's cannot take down the shields of the big boys on their own, so the boarding op has to be aided by a good wing of some robust fighter (I prefer Barracuda Sentinels) in cooperation with a wing of a few M6+ to speed up the taking down of the shields.
The tricky part is the approach towards the target ship and the search of a dead angle close enaugh for the bording op. It helps to let the fighter and the M6+ carry on with their job throughout the entire boarding op, for they draw some fire away from your TP while executing the transfer of the marines. Once the meetbags are in the target ship it's best to perform a RSLG maneuver.
Lately I managed to sucessfully board a Brigantine using exactely this approach. Though bastard that was... the Brig has an very good coverage. It took out 4 of the fighters, one of the M6+, wrecked most of my TP's inventory and about 65% of my hull strength.

It took quite a few reloads till the op was sucessfully compleeted.

Some may say, that's not a efficient way of boarding, mabye this is so, but I had my adrenalin kick during that op.
... so long and thanks for all the fish ...

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 11:05

Hey...I want to disable NPC boarding. Im a rookie at boarding & having a very hard time with defending marines.

In plugin configuration menu...I can see the "improved boarding" section. But theres no option to turn off "NPC boarding".

& I cant find the "Artificial Life" settings options in the config menu...

Somebody please help...thank you..
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 11:13

Klord wrote:I cant find the "Artificial Life" settings options in the config menu...
Artificial Life settings are on the Gamrplay Menu (press Esc twice).

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 11:13

Ok I found it... :oops: sorry.
the "NPC boarding" option & "increase marines on NPC ships" options are disabled.

But there are a lot of marines in NPC ships in my X universe. Couple of minuets ago, tried boarding a carrack & It had about 10 marines onboard including 4 three star marines. Is it normal or a result of the script ?

Thank you...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 11:15

Normal (vanilla).

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 11:23

DrBullwinkle wrote:Normal (vanilla).
There comes the "luck" part....hope it will not be many (or any) in next time. Thanks.. 8)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 11:37

You might find my post about Marine Tips helpful.

(It is near the bottom of Bullwinkle's List if you ever misplace the link).

krnja21

Post by krnja21 » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 16:47

can someone please explain to me how to edit the transporter device to increase its range? i mean in detail? thanks in advance :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”