[SCRIPT] Improved Boarding : V1.23 : 30-06-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 08:15

I happend to have experienced the same bug as Paingod, it seems, playing XRM.
I boarded a Pirate Centaur in HellForge ( i had 15 marines on board of my Wolf, iirc ). Then i´ve collected all the marines in space, using Toucan TP ( one of them appeared to be a "passenger", though, when trying to transfer him to another ship, i showed "stars" ).
Then i tried to sort my marines, after they´ve repaired the capped Centaur.
I could transfer them from and to Wolf <-> Toucan, but i couldn´t move them from the Centaur. I noticed then the doubling effect ( luckily, Paranid names are short, and easy to remember ). I needed the Centaur for some mine towing actions, so i didn´t sell it right away, and when i was boarding a Boron Thresher recently, in the property menu where you can see your marines fighting, i noticed the those "doubled" marines seemed to participate in the boarding operation.
Now, i´ve found out, that i could transfer marines from Elefant to my Split M2, and the doubliing effect occured with some of them ( obviously those i´ve picked up in space in HellForge, but then i´ve transfered them back, and when i tried this again, the doubling effect dissapeared.
So, the only doubled marines i still have are those on the Centaur. Since the Centaur has only place for 8 marines, and it was full, so i couldn´t transfer them back and forth, that seems to me a problem. Gonna sell it, and if the marines dissapear, i´ll have to cheat me some instead, or i´ll just live with the fact they´re gone ( kind of MIA ).

@Dr.B: Note, i haven´t ugraded your boarding tool to the latest version, since my game seemed to be stable, so i must have the one before you included the spacewalking marines repairing ships, i think :?:

Edit: i´ve possibly should have posted this iny your marines thread, Dr.B.

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Tue, 10. Sep 13, 22:53

Hm, another boarding and another transporter bug. This time i could transfer my marines from a captured corvette back to my frigate, but there were their dublicates floating in space. I left them in space, hoping they´d dissapear after a while, and they did, as my original all "commando" 5 star marines from my personal ship. MIA is ok for some coincidence, but this seems to become a rule, rather then exception.
I never had this before the 3.0 upgrade, and i have a feeling there´s smth. wrong with my install, or with the upgrade as such. So, no boarding anymore till the problem gets fixed....

Report end.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 00:54

So I installed this on AP, and the AL options and plugin manager options are there, but not the hotkeys.
Did I miss something?

VaporSnake
x4

Post by VaporSnake » Fri, 29. Nov 13, 08:06

Is there any way to edit the range of the Boarding Transporter Extension? I find the 1km range pretty ridiculous considering that even the transporter device and docking computer functions at 5km.

Altair4

Post by Altair4 » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 22:00

Sorry for the noob question, but is there a way to change how much the boarding transporter costs?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 23. Dec 13, 22:06

If you can figure out EMP, it is a just a matter of changing an id at the bottom of the language file (t file) and updating the scripts to match your change.

Or you could try my hacked version, back a couple of pages.

Master3553
x4

Post by Master3553 » Sun, 21. Jun 15, 16:02

Installed it in X3:AP 3.1 everything works fine, except i can't found the boarding transporter... Not even using your cheat collection...
*psssst* Die Mods können uns hören!
X³ TC gekauft, verschmäht, wiederentdeckt, geliebt

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 09:44

if its not showing up in the cheat menu, then it means its not in the game (or has no text for it). I assume you havn't seen any readtext items available for sale at stations ?

Make sure the plugin manager is closed because launching the game so it can generate the correct ware files

Master3553
x4

Post by Master3553 » Wed, 24. Jun 15, 01:40

Thank you. Yeah, i found the Problem... I had to manually add the EMP TWare extension... It was a pain in the a** to merge it with my TWare, and to fix the textfiles, but now its working :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 24. Jun 15, 10:14

if you have your own TWareT file in a mod, then the plugin manager will merge it automatically for you.

would need to be a in a mod file thou not loose in the directory

Master3553
x4

Post by Master3553 » Wed, 24. Jun 15, 11:54

Didn't know that, thank you, next time I'm smarter^^

Letzt
xr

Post by Letzt » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 23:18

Hey Cycrow , where can I download this now?

The link says "NOTICE: This domain name expired on 8/16/2015 and is pending renewal or deletion."

Damn backup drive didn't have this one...

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Sat, 19. Sep 15, 02:10

Letzt wrote:Hey Cycrow , where can I download this now?

The link says "NOTICE: This domain name expired on 8/16/2015 and is pending renewal or deletion."

Damn backup drive didn't have this one...
I did upload the file for you to my onedrive,

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6E013F2CF ... D8&group=0

Hope this helps.

Greetzzzz
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 20. Sep 15, 11:57

All of my stuff has been moved to my own site at xpluginmanager.co.uk

the links in the first post have now been updated

Godlike_PL
x3ap

Post by Godlike_PL » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 14:52

@Master3553 I have the same problem. Can you upload your version?

Daniel Bone
x4

Post by Daniel Bone » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 19:31

Is the mod compatible with Albion Prelude ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 19:52

it should work fine in AP

renji03

Post by renji03 » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 13:05

Ok, I'm also having the problem that the boarding teleporter somehow isn't added to the game. I can't find it, even with the cheat menu. Could somebody help me and tell me how to get it in there?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 15:51

the most likely reason, is that you are missing the generated ware files so the ware isn't being loaded into the game.

check in the cheat scripts for the emp wares, they will be alot of them (under tech) with similar names, should be Z_BLANK.. or possible just showing a readtext.

make sure you are closing the plugin manager before running the game so it can generate the correct files

renji03

Post by renji03 » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 17:07

Hm yes, there alot of these Z_... files. And I found even the Boarding Extension among the tech items, but it won't appear under the install Equipment option. Was that the mistake, that I tried to look there instead of the wares?
Anyway, it seems to work now, thank you very much Cycrow.
Btw, when you said closing the manager, did you mean actually clicking the close butten or is it also enough if I start X3 with the manager?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”