[SCRIPT] Improved Boarding : V1.23 : 30-06-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DnBrn47
x4

Post by DnBrn47 » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 00:57

Cycrow wrote:
DnBrn47 wrote:Ah yes, let's make boarding MORE annoying and challenging by making sure all ships have marines on them.. therefore making you lose your investments more often and having to wait around until they train more often... And now they can board you and steal your ship... yea no thanks =P

I generally like your work Cycrow but come on with the come on lol
everything in it is configurable ;)
I know, but I'd have everything off :P

...ok ok.. maybe I'd use the transporter device and the hotkeys :D

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 01:03

As an alternative point of view, I *love* Improved Boarding.

It was the first script that I ever installed. I probably would have quit playing X3TC if not for Improved Boarding.

It can be completely configured to be challenging or not; to add features or simply to give a hotkey for the vanilla features. Play it any way you like -- or play it different ways for variety in your game(s).

It really is an awesome script.

monk124us
x3tc

Post by monk124us » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 04:02

it reminds me of the beaming device of star trek! is there a way to edit the speed it takes to charge? maybe adding a new device that cuts time in half and another more expensive that cuts it by 90 and or instant boarding after shields are down?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 17:01

the beam time is determined by your 3 strongest mechanics

so if you have 3 top mechanics, it would take alot less

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 22:37

Cycrow wrote:
sounds like you have the wrong v ersion of EMP, and older TC version would do what ur experience, the ids are slightly shifted, so the script is looking for a different ware than the text.

the plugin manager should create the wares files, but only if you dont have any other wares file in the game
The strange thing is, I restarted the game, used the cheats to add 3 of those wares and now it works! :D

Definitely better than waiting for the bozos to get their act togther and arrive at the target as a team instead of one by one. :)

It also helped me cap two derelict Elephants (seems like the Salvage Command Suit 4.05 likes to generate big ships) and with the money I've made with my complexes I'm now in the market for an M7M. :D

Wasn't very impressed with the Cobra in the last playthrough, too slow turning and cumbersome. I freaking LOVE the fact that I have CHOICES among ships (which I'd lose in Rebirth). :D I'll probably go for the Kraken this time, unfortunately that derelict Aegir I capped is completely useless for boarding.

DnBrn47
x4

Post by DnBrn47 » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 05:15

I gave this a shot and I was happy with how much faster marines are with spacewalking. I have yet to try the transporter device extension because it costs 48 million but I'm sure it works great too.

ZSedlacek

Post by ZSedlacek » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 19:58

I'm not sure if this is deliberate... But um... Well...

http://i.imgur.com/mHoyR.jpg?1

:lol:

There are about 10 mammoths in this sector alone. They're all Yaki "boarding party Mammoth" or Yaki "boarding support null". They're in other sectors too. lol, not sure if it has to do with this script or not, but the evidence would point towards it :P

Here's another swarm...

http://i.imgur.com/OIDQv.jpg?1

I'm playing an up to date Albion Prelude, with various mods installed, I don't remember some of them but I can give you a list if you'd like - That's if it's even a glitch, lol. The teladi military usually attacks them, but there generally aren't enough teladi to kill them all before they get bored :/

I love the script though - Boarding has got to be the most rewarding thing you can do in this game!
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix. No, really.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 00:34

if your seeing mammoths that means something isn't spawning right... either you have a mod/script conflicting with one another or you didn't install the script right

ZSedlacek

Post by ZSedlacek » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 02:17

Aw, I thought it was a Yaki grab at galactic domination :(
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix. No, really.

pgfujg

Post by pgfujg » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 02:29

I have the same problem with swarms of Yaki mammoths. What is causing the problem?

Nashnir
x4

Post by Nashnir » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 12:19

Is the use of Boarding Transpoter Extension limited to M6 and M7M or can any ship that can carry marines use it? Cause marines cannot be launched for a spacewalk through an m7

Vagrant Storm
x3

Post by Vagrant Storm » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 06:16

Nashnir wrote:Is the use of Boarding Transpoter Extension limited to M6 and M7M or can any ship that can carry marines use it? Cause marines cannot be launched for a spacewalk through an m7
Works on any ship that can carry marines. I am currently using a Shrike for my boarding operations.

Unfortunately...this transporter is pretty much worthless when dealing with capital ships. Save for M1s or perhaps if you've managed to fry away all the weapons of a ship. You cannot expect to sit 500 meters away from a M2 for any length of time. The 1km range must be from midship to mid ship because in a Shrike I need to get in to about 600 meters before I can start the boarding.

Any one know how to change the range? I think 2km or so would be better....then I won't have to be flying on the verge of collision during the boarding.

Edit...

Found it...duh, I can't see how I missed it. There is a check for distance on line 58 AND on 154...I missed the one on line 154.
Last edited by Vagrant Storm on Thu, 12. Apr 12, 06:46, edited 1 time in total.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 06:26

Not sure if it was mentioned in the last 30 pages which I haven't had time to read, but when it says NPC boarding of your ships, does that also mean that NPCs will board other NPC ships? Will player-owned ships be preferentially targeted for boarding, or will they have an equal chance of being boarded as an NPC ship, or is chance to be boarded based partially on reputation?

Finally, does NPC boarding of ships occur both IS and OOS?

madprof
x3tc

Post by madprof » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 20:04

Transporter distance is in the script file plugin.boarding.tele on line 59 & 154. Up the values from 1000.

Nashnir
x4

Post by Nashnir » Fri, 13. Apr 12, 11:16

Set the Value to 4km. Will try. For 46mil I hope it is worth it

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 20:28

Does this one work with AP? Says "for wrong game" with the plugin manager
Haste-whip TrixX!

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 00:55

madprof wrote:Transporter distance is in the script file plugin.boarding.tele on line 59 & 154. Up the values from 1000.
I changed the value from 1000 to 3000 but it still only works at 1000 or less ingame. I edited the file using an external XML editor. Am i suppose to use the ingame script engine instead?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 23. Apr 12, 01:01

Ragemaster9999 wrote:I edited the file using an external XML editor. Am i suppose to use the ingame script engine instead?
Yes, use the in-game Script Editor or Exscriptor.

X3 xml's have two sections; one for the real code, which is mostly numbers, and one that is human-readable. If you edited only the human-readable section, then you did not change the script at all.

Also, there are two points in Improved Boarding that must be edited in order to change the transporter range. The code is identical in both places, so just search for whatever string you found.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Wed, 9. May 12, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

minoas
x3tc

Improved Boarding Compatibility

Post by minoas » Wed, 9. May 12, 17:44

Is it compatible with AP or is there a version for AP?

Zippe
x4

Re: Improved Boarding Compatibility

Post by Zippe » Wed, 9. May 12, 18:22

minoas wrote:Is it compatible with AP or is there a version for AP?
Works fine for me with AP.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”