[SCRIPT] Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5 [2008-11-20]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 20. Oct 12, 15:11

dispostableatheist wrote:I don't use Salvage Claim Software Mk. 1 nor do I want to. It's a bloated script I have no need for.

The Universe Salvager from this script does its job just fine, except the problem I listed.
Well if youre going to take that attitude I wouldnt expect much help.

Just use a different ship that doesn't have that software......did you consider that option?

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Sat, 20. Oct 12, 15:52

What attitude? It's a bloated script I just have no need for. There's no attitude. It's a statement.

As for using another ship. No can do, I use carrier for ship claiming so that these claimed ships don't have to go to the nearest shipyard with 10% hull.

But carrier are usually slow, that's why I use Lucike Military Personel, specifically

Helmsman, Navigator, Flight Controller and Machinist, those are 4 passengers I need on my carrerier. They make my carrier faster and add more steering.

That's why the carrier needs a cargo support system. However, as I stated, if I have a cargo support system, the Universe Salvager FIRST claims all abandoned astronauts, THEN ships.

I don't need the astronauts. That's why I'm asking for a modified version of this script.

With Universe Salvager from this script I can run an automated, this is the important part, AUTOMATED ship claimning fleet of 1-2 small carriers.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 20. Oct 12, 16:06

I see youre new here.

No one is going to rewrite an entire script for one person simply because they dont want a passenger in their cargohold. Either get used to it or delete that part of the script yourself. Thats how I learned basic modding/scripting. If you have half a brain you can figure it out in a few minutes.

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Sat, 20. Oct 12, 16:29

I didn't ask for a complete rewrite, I asked for a modification. And if I could, I'd do it myself, however, I have no idea how the script engine works nor is it worth getting into for 1 script and with Rebirth around the corner.

Additionally, there's more than enough skilled people on the forums, so that why I asked for somebody.

I can explore the .spk just fine, and I'm pretty sure the modification I want are needed to be done in:

plugin.salv.collect.universe and plugin.salv.collect.sector and probably plugin.salv.find.insector .

I can see these .xml files, I can't export them in xml, it's just a jumbled mess of something. Even so, like I said, I got no idea how it works.

So, that's why I'm asking for somebody to modify it. All it needs is to remove crates and astronauts from Universe Salvage.

CoSm1c RaVeR

Post by CoSm1c RaVeR » Fri, 18. Jan 13, 19:04

I wanted to use it to make NPC scavenge containers that are worth good money but I dont see changes with this mod. Containers are not taken by nobody.

I got pirate guild mod and even pirates not picking up that free crates. Even those S containers with 1 missile that is worth 20k credits. They just dont care. That mod pirate guild made pirate bases spawn on route from gates and even there if some ships are destroyed by this pirate base and pirate ships they are not collecting those crates so what is the point in that pirate base mod if they are no pirate afterall lol.

In vanila game those pirates are like brainless enemies xenon, kha'ak and they just kill kill kill kill so why they are called pirates anyway. SO WEIRD. For me this ruins immersion. I want to find script that would make so simple thing just to make NPC pick up those free cash. If I know that they are left only for me then it ruins my gameplay and immersion is just out of window.
Game becomes boring because I can make lots of money just by picking up containers that are leftover from fights. And those bailing pilots makes another source of VERY easy money. Im using NPC bailing addon script and I set it all to 1 so it somehow fixed that part but those free containers bothers me now :/

inty20
x3ap

Post by inty20 » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 13:25

Hi,

Is this mod XRM compatible? It doesnt show up in the plugin menu after install. Or does it need a game restart?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 14:30

inty20 wrote:Hi,

Is this mod XRM compatible? It doesnt show up in the plugin menu after install. Or does it need a game restart?
For some reason you sometimes have to install this script twice sometimes. At least thats been my experience. Yes it works with XRM.

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Tue, 17. Sep 13, 14:08

Thanks for the awesome script, and thanks to the last 2 posters for asking and answering the very question I had.
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

sdfg

Post by sdfg » Wed, 16. Oct 13, 23:57

I've got an interesting one for you. I set up a TP as a salvager, gave it Freight Scanner and Salvage Command Software, and told it to do the universe (so to speak). It did one sector, then it just wanted to sit in a trading post somewhere. I manually moved it into a sector filled with crates and set it running again, but again it wanted to move back through to the trading post. I checked the volume of freight and it wasn't even at 25%, never mind 80%. Anyone got any advice/insight?

-Steve-

stars2heaven
x3ap

Post by stars2heaven » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 01:35

I am having a similar problem as inty20. I even tried installing the mod manually by extracting the contents of the spk with the package explorer and installing them that way, but nothing seems to work.

As a side note, I am trying to install this mod because I also want to use the npc bailing addon. Unfortunately, I'm having the exact same issue with that mod. However, I am not having trouble installing older versions of that mod, which really confuses me.

Since both mods are by the same author I guess the problem with both of them could be related. Does anyone have any ideas why neither of these mods seem to be working for me?

Edit: Actually, after taking a closer look at the contents of the files themselves, I notice that even the readme.txt file for this mod has many strange characters, as do all of its xml files. The other mod is exactly the same, save for the older version that works. While I can't find any other scripts that look like this from any other mods I have, I'm still uncertain if it's related.

sdfg

Post by sdfg » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 13:31

stars2heaven wrote:I am having a similar problem as inty20. I even tried installing the mod manually by extracting the contents of the spk with the package explorer and installing them that way, but nothing seems to work.

As a side note, I am trying to install this mod because I also want to use the npc bailing addon. Unfortunately, I'm having the exact same issue with that mod. However, I am not having trouble installing older versions of that mod, which really confuses me.

Since both mods are by the same author I guess the problem with both of them could be related. Does anyone have any ideas why neither of these mods seem to be working for me?

Edit: Actually, after taking a closer look at the contents of the files themselves, I notice that even the readme.txt file for this mod has many strange characters, as do all of its xml files. The other mod is exactly the same, save for the older version that works. While I can't find any other scripts that look like this from any other mods I have, I'm still uncertain if it's related.
I'm using XRM, SCS and NPC Bailing Addon fine, both using the SPK. Have you enabled scripting in the game?

chronicon
x3ap

Post by chronicon » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 14:56

should salvage claim software be installed on the ship like a duplex scanner etc

cause it wont let me =p

stars2heaven
x3ap

Post by stars2heaven » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 23:08

sdfg wrote:
I'm using XRM, SCS and NPC Bailing Addon fine, both using the SPK. Have you enabled scripting in the game?
I am also using XRM and several scripts by Cycrow that work just fine. Also, as far as the NPC bailing addon goes, I installed an older version that someone linked to in the thread and that one works just fine as well. I would just go ahead and use that version but without the salvage script it leaves my universe littered with abandoned ships.

I am still very curious about the strange characters in the xml files and even the readme.txt file for the salvage script. I don't have any other mods or scripts anywhere that look like these. This is what the readme.txt file from this mod, as well as the xml files, look like.

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u60 ... 82fa70.png

I am pretty sure neither it nor the .xml files should look like that.

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

stars2heaven
x3ap

Post by stars2heaven » Thu, 24. Oct 13, 01:06

Alright, I have solved the problem. The weird text was totally irrelevant. The problem was that the plugin manager did not install the files into the addon folder. Instead it installed the files directly into the X3 Terran Conflict/Scripts folder.

If anyone else has a similar issue after trying to install this mod for Albion Prelude, make sure the files were actually installed into the X3 Terran Conflict/addon folder.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 00:43

For some reason I can't open the configuration menu for this one via Cycrow's configuration menu. It just freezes my game and I have to kill the process. All of the relevant scripts are current and I can see the option in the plugin menu so I know it's installed but I can't seem to get it working. I'm using XRM v1.3 TC to top it off, although from what I've seen in the thread that isn't a problem. Any ideas?

Trip_Fantastic

Post by Trip_Fantastic » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 19:39

So -- not sure if this is a question or a comment, but:

I've had this script installed for about three weeks (NPC salvagers enabled) and just realized that it's probably why I haven't found a single Pandora crate. Just checked, and yep, there are no Pandora crates left in the universe. I'm guessing that's NPC salvagers in action?

TBH. I had thought (hoped), they would just go after regular crates and ships and such, and leave those juicy tunings alone.

So...

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 11:16

Having an issue with the universal salvager command. Works fine for crates but on ships on a TL class salvager it docks the salvageable ship then freezes on "Claim ware - [ship name]" forever.

Anyone had this problem before?

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 11:53

Searching for a Universal Salvager in combination with LU and SCS I found this.

Unfortunately I ran into a couple problems... and made the following fixes myself
  • Equipment already owned by the salvaging ship was making that ship stuck. Salvagers now remotely sell equipment for 50-80% of market average.
  • Ship claiming and docking on a salvager (eg. a TL) was bugged and got stuck. Fixed.
  • Changed the check for collecting astronauts to Explorer Command Software (so you can have a TL w/ marines + marine repair script dedicated to picking up derelicts and automatically repairing them)
UDATED MY SCRIPTS (SEE BELOW POST)
Last edited by Pind on Mon, 15. Feb 16, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 12:32

+1 !! :)
Thank you ! That is exactly what i need.

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Mon, 15. Feb 16, 14:47

Ran into some more problems... here are my updated changes:
  • Equipment already owned by the salvaging ship was making that ship stuck. Salvagers now remotely sell equipment for 50-80% of market average.
  • Ship claiming and docking on a salvager (eg. a TL) was bugged and got stuck. Fixed.
  • Changed the check for collecting astronauts to Explorer Command Software (so you can have a TL w/ marines + marine repair script dedicated to picking up derelicts and automatically repairing them)

NEW:
  • Salvage command text points to correct text ID for SCS (no more "Unknown Command!")
  • TL class salvagers no longer dock before searching for salvage (saves time), instead just dawdle a bit wherever they are
  • First checks if there is a free docking bay for claim target before trying to dock it (was bugged, now sends it to nearest shipyard if none free)
  • Salvager docks at home base if it has one instead of a nearby friendly station (does not return home if already docked, and TLs won't dock no matter what). This is so you can setup a salvager that returns to your HQ or a carrier
  • Capitalized ship command text properly
Updated scripts here: {EDIT: NEW LINK} http://www.shuugouteki.net/x3/scnpcs_pind.zip
Last edited by Pind on Sat, 21. May 16, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”