[SCRIPT] Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5 [2008-11-20]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Trip_Fantastic

Post by Trip_Fantastic » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 19:39

So -- not sure if this is a question or a comment, but:

I've had this script installed for about three weeks (NPC salvagers enabled) and just realized that it's probably why I haven't found a single Pandora crate. Just checked, and yep, there are no Pandora crates left in the universe. I'm guessing that's NPC salvagers in action?

TBH. I had thought (hoped), they would just go after regular crates and ships and such, and leave those juicy tunings alone.

So...

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 11:16

Having an issue with the universal salvager command. Works fine for crates but on ships on a TL class salvager it docks the salvageable ship then freezes on "Claim ware - [ship name]" forever.

Anyone had this problem before?

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 11:53

Searching for a Universal Salvager in combination with LU and SCS I found this.

Unfortunately I ran into a couple problems... and made the following fixes myself
  • Equipment already owned by the salvaging ship was making that ship stuck. Salvagers now remotely sell equipment for 50-80% of market average.
  • Ship claiming and docking on a salvager (eg. a TL) was bugged and got stuck. Fixed.
  • Changed the check for collecting astronauts to Explorer Command Software (so you can have a TL w/ marines + marine repair script dedicated to picking up derelicts and automatically repairing them)
UDATED MY SCRIPTS (SEE BELOW POST)
Last edited by Pind on Mon, 15. Feb 16, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 12:32

+1 !! :)
Thank you ! That is exactly what i need.

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Mon, 15. Feb 16, 14:47

Ran into some more problems... here are my updated changes:
  • Equipment already owned by the salvaging ship was making that ship stuck. Salvagers now remotely sell equipment for 50-80% of market average.
  • Ship claiming and docking on a salvager (eg. a TL) was bugged and got stuck. Fixed.
  • Changed the check for collecting astronauts to Explorer Command Software (so you can have a TL w/ marines + marine repair script dedicated to picking up derelicts and automatically repairing them)

NEW:
  • Salvage command text points to correct text ID for SCS (no more "Unknown Command!")
  • TL class salvagers no longer dock before searching for salvage (saves time), instead just dawdle a bit wherever they are
  • First checks if there is a free docking bay for claim target before trying to dock it (was bugged, now sends it to nearest shipyard if none free)
  • Salvager docks at home base if it has one instead of a nearby friendly station (does not return home if already docked, and TLs won't dock no matter what). This is so you can setup a salvager that returns to your HQ or a carrier
  • Capitalized ship command text properly
Updated scripts here: {EDIT: NEW LINK} http://www.shuugouteki.net/x3/scnpcs_pind.zip
Last edited by Pind on Sat, 21. May 16, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sun, 15. May 16, 02:24

I'd be interested in this, but the link doesn't work.

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Mon, 16. May 16, 07:07

ASSTEROIDS wrote:I'd be interested in this, but the link doesn't work.
Whoops, I'll try to upload when I get home later... feel free to PM me if it doesn't happen in next couple days.

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Sat, 21. May 16, 06:06

Link updated, thanks to ASSTEROIDS for reminder

mcaule
x4

Post by mcaule » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 11:22

Pind wrote:Link updated, thanks to ASSTEROIDS for reminder
Cheers mate, for a splendid work on making it compatible with LU. Also, could you make it so that salvager is using a transporter device? I noticed that reap shuttles are using them, but not universal salvagers.
I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Tue, 12. Jul 16, 05:56

mcaule wrote:
Cheers mate, for a splendid work on making it compatible with LU. Also, could you make it so that salvager is using a transporter device? I noticed that reap shuttles are using them, but not universal salvagers.
Haven't scripted this for a while but I will try to check it out this week.

mcaule
x4

Post by mcaule » Tue, 12. Jul 16, 12:14

Pind wrote:
mcaule wrote:
Haven't scripted this for a while but I will try to check it out this week.
Much obliged mate.
I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...

Exidrial
x4

Post by Exidrial » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 18:12

Pind wrote:Ran into some more problems... here are my updated changes:

NEW:
  • Salvage command text points to correct text ID for SCS (no more "Unknown Command!")
  • TL class salvagers no longer dock before searching for salvage (saves time), instead just dawdle a bit wherever they are
  • First checks if there is a free docking bay for claim target before trying to dock it (was bugged, now sends it to nearest shipyard if none free)
  • Salvager docks at home base if it has one instead of a nearby friendly station (does not return home if already docked, and TLs won't dock no matter what). This is so you can setup a salvager that returns to your HQ or a carrier
  • Capitalized ship command text properly
Updated scripts here: {EDIT: NEW LINK} http://www.shuugouteki.net/x3/scnpcs_pind.zip
Firefox is flaggng the site and download as a virus

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 09:18

If you want my edits PM me, I'll send it to you. Some blogs on my host from 2003 are hacked.

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Thu, 22. Jun 17, 07:39

FWIW you can still force your browser to download the file.

I would recommend never doing that, of course, but the file itself is just a plain zip with nothing but X scripts inside, like it should have.

Thank you a lot for the updates, Pind! I always noticed sometimes the salvagers would end up doing nothing until they got killed sometimes.

xtek

Post by xtek » Tue, 4. Sep 18, 23:31

Is the file by Pind still available somewhere?

Ran into some more problems... here are my updated changes:

Equipment already owned by the salvaging ship was making that ship stuck. Salvagers now remotely sell equipment for 50-80% of market average.
Ship claiming and docking on a salvager (eg. a TL) was bugged and got stuck. Fixed.
Changed the check for collecting astronauts to Explorer Command Software (so you can have a TL w/ marines + marine repair script dedicated to picking up derelicts and automatically repairing them)

NEW:
Salvage command text points to correct text ID for SCS (no more "Unknown Command!")
TL class salvagers no longer dock before searching for salvage (saves time), instead just dawdle a bit wherever they are
First checks if there is a free docking bay for claim target before trying to dock it (was bugged, now sends it to nearest shipyard if none free)
Salvager docks at home base if it has one instead of a nearby friendly station (does not return home if already docked, and TLs won't dock no matter what). This is so you can setup a salvager that returns to your HQ or a carrier
Capitalized ship command text properly

mega|Doc
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5 [2008-11-20]

Post by mega|Doc » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 12:06

Have somewhere the file from Pind
"Das Weltall ist ein Kreis, dessen Mittelpunkt überall, dessen Umfang nirgends ist."
Blaise Pascal (19.06.1623 - 19.08.1662)

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 13:20

Have somewhere the file from Pind
I sent you a PM.

JunTheGoon

Post by JunTheGoon » Tue, 19. Mar 19, 08:52

Can someone please send me the file made by Pind please? Thanks
http://www.shuugouteki.net/x3/scnpcs_pind.zip
link doesn't work.

XMaXForce

Post by XMaXForce » Tue, 4. Jun 19, 06:53

Does anyone have the file from ping please.Link doesnt work.

modernrocko
x3tc

Post by modernrocko » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 03:44

I hate to necro this thread asking the same thing as the last few posts, but I've tried PM'ing a few other users from this thread (including Pind) and haven't had a response.

Does anyone still have the fix posted by Pind on the last page saved on their computer somewhere? If so, could you upload it to Xdownloads or somewhere so others can get it working? I'd love to use this mod but as has been mentioned, this mod no longer works correctly with the latest version of Albion Prelude.

If I had any knowledge on scripting or coding I would just try to fix it myself, but sadly that's not the case. If someone has Pind's file but doesn't want to or doesn't know how to upload it to a filesharing site, I'd happily send you my email address and I can post it to Xdownloads myself so that the fix is saved for future players as well.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”