[SCR] Ring of Fire - Stealth Lasertowers (v2.31 - 29.11.09)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 18:18

the ring around the gate is tricky to deploy sometimes

once I figure the axis part, I sit my ship (the fighter I happen to be in) in front of the gate around 6k, set the freighter to start my ring of fire centered on me in concentric rings facing the gate (did this in front of the xenon gate in black hole sun, and effectively forgot about it and no longer got requests for assistance in that system.

try center the ring on the gate, and set the radius at 5k, it was supposed to behave differently in proximity to gates, but updates may have changed that behavior.

alternately, place a OWP in front of the gate and center the ring of fire on it (the owp will draw them like moths to a flame)

also, there is a charge time from the initial placement before the towers become fully functional.

to test, set up a ring of fire, let it cloak, then from outside the range, create a ship, assign it to a race that is designated as enemy, attack it so it starts attacking you, then get it to follow you into the tower field.

part of the activation sequence depends on whether the enemy ship is attacking (at least it seems so to me) the very same arrangement will defend your stations from the attacks of the groups in the shady business plot (where waves of ships from yaki or beryl attempt to destroy your assets for not choosing them in the plot)

they are defensive in nature and sometimes wont activate until hostilities begin.

(for the record, neither Yaki or Jonferco were set as enemy during the plot, but the towers still defended against them when they came to attack, I would get back just in time to see the expanding cloud of plasma and towers re-cloaking)

FYI: Ring of Fire is working in X3AP 3.1 as described (though I have not tried to place a ring directly around a gate for some time, several updates ago at least, since I prefer the wall/disk of towers placed between the gate and the rest of the sector)

Edit: it is fun watching the xenon ships exit the gate and die under the barrage of plasma beams over and over.... even took out the Q's and a J
-it was pretty to watch, almost worth it to have a few freighters on salvage duty, just remember to have them go sell the stuff occasionally

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 19:26

I think (just by logicing it out) the missing components in the tests performed is the laser towers only attack hostile ships, as in ships that have you set to enemy, sometimes it may not be enough you consider them the enemy, maybe they have to hate you too.

try using the cheat menu to set "relation to me" setting to enemy for the test ship. (switch target to enemy vessel created for test, then set relation status to enemy, while ship is within range of array (within 5k for optimal performance))

Aquadrox
x4

XRM version

Post by Aquadrox » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 15:52

Hi guys,

If you want I created a package to fix the bugs in XRM (for example pirates not being attacked):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByJXJ ... HhJbmFMTXc

Edit: moved from X3R to X3TC script topic. X2-Illuminatus
Qui ne pete pas ou ne rote pas est voué a l'explosion

netman_123

Post by netman_123 » Mon, 15. May 17, 00:10

For Gazz
Love the ring of fire but having serious issues getting it to work, no wake up, no help commands, does not respond to "config" commands, i read all the other posts, even tried to edit values in script's with no joy, they ignore pirates, put them in and they go off the grid, never waking up, very strange, adjusted detection to 11000 via script and regular config attempts, no joy, put them in and they never wake up, all using defaults even
really want to use this but having serious issues getting this to work, please advise

netman_123

Post by netman_123 » Mon, 15. May 17, 04:15

Ok so i used the new scripts and they did the TRICK! Thank you sir, bonus programing!

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 08:58

Just FYI, that latest fix (for XRM) also fixed stealth towers not decloaking to attack Yaki in my Xtended modded TC game.

-Wolfie-

Post by -Wolfie- » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 22:49

Does anyone still have the XRM fix?

FTLasteroid

Re:

Post by FTLasteroid » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 18:09

Triscopic wrote:
Mon, 10. Mar 14, 00:30
Just an addendum to the excellent work done by Chaos Master in fixing this script...
Chaos Master wrote:It eludes me why I didn't write which file to change :roll:

it's plugin.ring.of.fire.stealth

in lines 67 and 68 you have
$flag = [Find.Enemy] | [Find.ForceUsePos]
$hostiles = find ship: sector=$sector class or type=Moveable Ship race=null flags=$flag refobj=[THIS] maxdist=$sensor.range maxnum=1 refpos=$scan.position

after those two lines you add:

...*snip*...

and yes, you change the version number to 232 in all the plugin.ring.of.fire.--- scripts, and the setup.ring.of.fire one

if you're new to scripting it's gonna take you a while to find all those commands (can't just type em, have to select them from a convoluted list of commands)

If you don't get it to work, pm me again tomorrow and I can (somehow) send you the changed files.
Don't really have time today ...

A slightly more all-encompassing fix is this:

Code: Select all

$flag = [Find.Enemy] | [Find.ForceUsePos]
    $hostiles = find ship: sector=$sector class or type=Moveable Ship 

* New code here to fix enemy race detection
    $flag = [Find.ForceUsePos]
    $index = size of array $check.race.arr
    while $index > 0
      dec $index =
      $check.race = $check.race.arr [ $index ]
      if $hostiles == null
        $rel = [PLAYERSHIP] -> get relation to race $check.race
        if $rel == Foe
          $hostiles = find ship: sector=$sector class or type=Moveable Ship race=$check.race flags=$flag refobj=[THIS] maxdist=$sensor.range maxnum=1 refpos=$scan.position
        end
      end
    end
This uses the pre-existing race array, looping through all the races to see which ones the player's current ship currently has set to "Foe" and explicitly checking for them. This means you can easily set your towers to kill Pirates, or Paranids, or Argon, etc - just set your own race relationship to Foe and your turrets will immediately start attacking them.

Note 1: All of the necessary lines of code can be copied from the same script - just browser down a few pages and you'll find all of them, so minimal scripting is required.

Note 2: It is very important to note all the files need their versions updated just as Chaos Master mentions.

Note 3: When you load a save game the towers will automatically update their script versions (they'll all decloak briefly and betty will tell you they've been updated).

Hope this helps someone.
I'm a newbie in this filed,and I don't know how to use it,could u tell or teach me how to use it?

alexalsp
x4

Re: [SCR] Ring of Fire - Stealth Lasertowers (v2.31 - 29.11.09)

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 22:51

But I don’t understand one thing, if you fixed something, then why not immediately give a ready-made corrected script .... :gruebel:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”