[SCRIPT] [2012.04.02] Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator v2.51a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hotshot22
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] [2012.04.02] Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator v2.51a

Post by Hotshot22 » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 17:42

Thanks!
Yeah, I know of that second mod, but tbh, this wasn't working for me either.

BUT: for whatever reason (maybe because I've tried it with Cycrow's modmanager), this mod now does work for me :D
I can use this to search for wares, but I can also directly send a TS.
Keybinds work also!

Cheers!

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 21:24

Hotshot22 wrote:
Sat, 12. Feb 22, 17:42
BUT: for whatever reason (maybe because I've tried it with Cycrow's modmanager), this mod now does work for me :D
I can use this to search for wares, but I can also directly send a TS.
Keybinds work also!

Cheers!

That is good news.
I am going to try the Plugin Manager too and see what happens. Are you using v2.51a - 2012.04.02 (by dblade) or another version?

Hotshot22
x4

Post by Hotshot22 » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 22:58

Yes, just the "original" 2.51a!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 01:03

unpacked

Universal Best Buys/Sells Locator v2.51a

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 10:40

Thanks guys.
For some reason it doesn't work for me, it goes through all the motions as it should but at the end of it no ship, even the players ship, will do anything.
I have tried several versions of the script, there are at least 4, with or without plugin manager.

I'll try one more time with the one in Alex's link, maybe the ones I have stored on my pc got mixed up.

Hotshot22
x4

Post by Hotshot22 » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 14:56

I feel you; at first it didn't work for me either. The next day it did; for whatever reason.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 15:27

Hotshot22 wrote:
Sun, 13. Feb 22, 14:56
I feel you; at first it didn't work for me either. The next day it did; for whatever reason.
Well I always rated, and still do, UBBS but I have got used to use the current setup (the mod that I mentioned earlier + UBBS in its crippled form).
The last attempt to get it working caused some conflict with Lucike's CAGs and ESTs and those I can't live without. It's a shame that I am too thick to do any scripting myself for the amount of time that I have spent playing the game you would have thought I would have learned enough to at least being able to modify scripts myself but never mind.

qibisa
x3fl

Post by qibisa » Wed, 3. May 23, 19:42

Daemonjax wrote:
Wed, 3. Apr 19, 20:02
Update 2:

And here's the above after testing (everything worked fine btw), and with a few gui changes I thought were necessary:
a) if the ship has the ecells to make the jump, the number of jumps is green in color, otherwise it's red
b) shows whether the ship has a jump drive and/or trade mk3 installed and if Autojump is enabled
c) shows ship stats (cargo space used / max cargo space, and what max ware size it can carry) along with the ware stats
d) color and text changes -- basically everything green is good and red is bad -- very consistent and clean
e) you can see how many of this ware you already have in cargo hold

Screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgyxlxuuqzbm6 ... 1.png?dl=0

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ns3zvqu824ni ... s.zip?dl=0

I might create another version that will let you directly:
a) open the sector map of the location before sending a ship there, and/or just tell you if enemies are detected there if you have satellites present if I can't figure out how to do that.
b) choose from the first menu one of the last few wares that this ship was dispatched to buy or sell, so you can quickly do it again if you want... maybe amount based on pilot level (like pilot level - 1).
c) see how many of this ware you already have in cargo hold (whether buying or selling). Done and updated link above.
Great, this one works for me on X-3 TC+X-tended.

Suggestions:
1) Hotkey "open sector map" while hovering the line to open map centered on that sector so I could find where that sector is. So far I have only sector name and number of jumps and I don't remember where all sectors are (x-tended has its own map).
2) Left click on line sends ship with trade Mk3 to that station, but it doesn't autojump (I have autojump=on, autojump on 0 sectors and enough energy cells).
Other than than, great mod, saves me from sieving all sectors maps on my own with full cargohold to sell.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”