[SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TECSG
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

Post by TECSG » Wed, 6. Sep 23, 01:58

Okay, did you try the .ZIP file I posted a few (11) posts ago, that is Version 4.11 the last one I publicly released.

If you extract the file you get 2 folders ('scripts' and 't'). Copy those to your X3 base folder (for example C:\X3 Terran Conflict) and ALSO copy them to the AP and FL folders if you have them, they are sub-folders of the TC folder and called 'addon' and 'addon2' respectively (I think).

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 6. Sep 23, 13:37

SCS on TC is working well but not on AP. I'll try the zip if you think it;ll help but for some reason AP ignores something that you have to buy there. silly to me. will see if the zip works any better, ty.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Wed, 6. Sep 23, 14:18

OK as you said TC accepted the zip since I added it as a archive on the manager and it went right in, went into TC and it told me instantly there was an update and fixed it. then checked it saw the entire list and advanced set up for cargo scanning in each sector, everything perfect it even said 4.11 at the top of the list. then went to AP did the same thing. no advanced settings at all. checked for the scs list not there. went into script editor and found the set up and hit r to run it, three clickes later already left the script editor and went to the ships lists. nothing there, even manually setting it up doesn't accept it though tc does easily. decided to stop running AP, thanks for the help.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 6. Sep 23, 17:22

Did you copy the AP from the archive to the addon folder?

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Fri, 8. Sep 23, 14:27

Works in XFL?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 8. Sep 23, 16:16

Hi,

Should work in all from TC onwards, but I've not tested it extensively. Let me know if you have any problems and I will look in to it.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 11. Sep 23, 16:27

decided to give up on hacking ships. no matter what I do it claims Salvage Claim Software is needed but it doesn't exist anymore. so will drop that from my game even using 4.11 it doesn't count on the MW hacker.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 12. Sep 23, 10:36

That's strange, with the 'SCS software not required' option, all commands will work without you having to have the SCS software installed on any ships.

Could you upload, post (not on here though, as you're restricted to a tiny size picture!) or email me some screenshots?

You can PM me and I'll give you my email address.

Terran Patriot

Re: Salvage Command Suite V5.01

Post by Terran Patriot » Sun, 17. Sep 23, 20:00

TECSG wrote:
Tue, 6. Dec 22, 19:39
As mentioned earlier, here is a list of the current (V5.01) SCS commands and features:

Commands: (over 80 so far! :))

There are probably a few more commands and features I've forgotten at the minute, but you can see from the list there are a substantial number already!
This is awesome! looking forward to this, a lot of features I would like to see added to AP!
Last edited by N8M4R3 on Sun, 14. Apr 24, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Very long quoted post shortend for clarity and readability.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 17. Sep 23, 23:52

Thanks!

If you have any additional suggestions, let me know!

kazuya112
xr

Post by kazuya112 » Fri, 26. Jan 24, 11:37

KRM398 wrote:
Mon, 11. Sep 23, 16:27
decided to give up on hacking ships. no matter what I do it claims Salvage Claim Software is needed but it doesn't exist anymore. so will drop that from my game even using 4.11 it doesn't count on the MW hacker.
Same Problem here, actually i accidentally removed "unused Wares" with Cycrows Scripts...
If i add all Ship Equipement with the Cheat Script, then it works again. But dunno how to restore the "unused" "used" ware...

EDIT:

sorry, my mistake. i play in german and there the software is called "Bergungssoftware" instead of "Salvage Claim Software".
Works like a Charm. My Army of Starbursts now run again through the Universe :D

https://i.ibb.co/3rJv0t7/Unbenannt.png
Last edited by N8M4R3 on Fri, 16. Feb 24, 21:13, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums shouldn't be greater than 640x480 (forum rules). Oversized image linked.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 17:23

Hi kazuya112,

Sorry, missed your initial post!

Thanks for the update, glad it's all working!
Last edited by TECSG on Fri, 23. Feb 24, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

wmcdannell
x4

Post by wmcdannell » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 22:22

Thank you for this script it is still very handy! :mrgreen:

I have ran into only one minor issue so far in X3FL (aside from the script input window opening sometimes after executing some commands, but the next pop-up clears it).

"Salvage target" doesn't appear to do anything except charge credits (which do not show up in empire transaction log) and I can't find out what is supposed to happen (waited in SETA 1000% for awhile). I attempted to salvage the ship debris in The Void eta. I was IS 2.58km from the target with the debris targeted, pressed shift-c, (4) special, (1) access SCS, then "salvage 'Ship Debris' (will cost 50,000 credits). The credits are charged from the account and the script input window pops up and nothing else happens as far as I know. I have not enabled the script editor yet for this save.
AKA Toazd on Nexus mods and Steam

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 23:36

Hi,

The 'Salvage Target' option should call in an NPC salvager (usually a Hyperion Vanguard) that will approach the selected target (to within 5km) and proceed to fire at it using the repair laser. Once salvaging has started, how long it will take (should be between 10-30 hours or so) will be displayed in the salvaging ship's name. HINT: The longer it takes, the more resources you will get!)

If you are using something like LitCube's Universe where in-game ships and weapons are replaced, it can effect this operation (although I've tried to program around things like that).

Did you see the Hyperion (or Vidar I think if the Hyperion wasn't available) appear? (It's name would be something like 'SCS Salvager' and be listed in the sector map in orange).

Also, what was the target you were trying to salvage?

wmcdannell
x4

Post by wmcdannell » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 01:45

TECSG wrote:
Sun, 7. Apr 24, 23:36
Hi,

The 'Salvage Target' option should call in an NPC salvager (usually a Hyperion Vanguard) that will approach the selected target (to within 5km) and proceed to fire at it using the repair laser. Once salvaging has started, how long it will take (should be between 10-30 hours or so) will be displayed in the salvaging ship's name. HINT: The longer it takes, the more resources you will get!)

If you are using something like LitCube's Universe where in-game ships and weapons are replaced, it can effect this operation (although I've tried to program around things like that).

Did you see the Hyperion (or Vidar I think if the Hyperion wasn't available) appear? (It's name would be something like 'SCS Salvager' and be listed in the sector map in orange).

Also, what was the target you were trying to salvage?
That sounds really cool thank you! I don't think I waited long enough so I will have to try it again. The target was the ship debris in The Void eta during the initial plot missions (Boron Scientist start). I also wanted to thank you for making the whole mod not feel like a cheat. It seems to fit it real well with a lightly modded setup (I don't use litcubes, guilds, or xpan/xpanded currently).

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 02:10

The salvage ship (if I remember correctly) should appear almost immediately and your ship will target it automatically when it appears.

Be careful not to salvage any quest related debris before you need it to complete the quest, I've not tried it, but it's a good bet it would break the quest!

I tried to keep the options as cheat-free as possible, anything I considered a cheat was put in the Troubleshooting/Cheats section!

Glad you like the scripts, I will hopefully get round to finishing the latest version (V5.02) one day!

wmcdannell
x4

Post by wmcdannell » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 04:39

TECSG wrote:
Mon, 8. Apr 24, 02:10
The salvage ship (if I remember correctly) should appear almost immediately and your ship will target it automatically when it appears.

Be careful not to salvage any quest related debris before you need it to complete the quest, I've not tried it, but it's a good bet it would break the quest!

I tried to keep the options as cheat-free as possible, anything I considered a cheat was put in the Troubleshooting/Cheats section!

Glad you like the scripts, I will hopefully get round to finishing the latest version (V5.02) one day!
I tried it again after
Spoiler
Show
reconnecting the HUB and then traveling to the sector Perpetual sin
and a "Salvaging debris" Paranid owned Hyperion Vanguard appeared almost immediately and it was automatically targeted (20hr countdown started). Now, to wait and see what goodies can be salvaged it was a pretty gnarly wreck. :D

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 09:35

Excellent!

I usually save just before calling in the salvager so I can reload if the time is not very long! If it's over 24 hours, you will get a fair amount of resources! (although even 20 hours will net you quite a haul!)

You will need a TL class ship or anything with XL (or greater) cargo capacity to collect all the resources, but they should be split into containers that most of the larger TS class ships can collect.

Also, it's better if you have a ship collect the resources when you're not in the sector yourself, as collision detection will be turned off if you aren't there and collecting will go a lot quicker!

wmcdannell
x4

Post by wmcdannell » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 16:26

TECSG wrote:
Mon, 8. Apr 24, 09:35
Excellent!

I usually save just before calling in the salvager so I can reload if the time is not very long! If it's over 24 hours, you will get a fair amount of resources! (although even 20 hours will net you quite a haul!)

You will need a TL class ship or anything with XL (or greater) cargo capacity to collect all the resources, but they should be split into containers that most of the larger TS class ships can collect.

Also, it's better if you have a ship collect the resources when you're not in the sector yourself, as collision detection will be turned off if you aren't there and collecting will go a lot quicker!
Thanks for the heads up! I'll prepare a ship and send it out when I get a chance. In the meantime, I was testing again in the Void eta (Unknown sector owner). I suspected it had to do with the sector not having any owner and I wanted to dive into the scripts to see if I can help find out why it won't work in that sector. I tried Salvaging the debris there again and so far nothing has happened except the money was taken from the account (same as before) and the script input window shows up (I suspect that happens when the script executor expects a value that isn't provided or is NULL - but I'm just guessing).

Some notes after looking through the scripts:
  • Same conditions as before: I am in a ship in the sector where the debris is and it is targeted. Salvage target is activated from shift+c->special menu. As we saw earlier in a previous sector the salvage target does work in at least one other sector.
  • The debris is targeted and the name of it is "Ship Debris"
  • There is more than sufficient funds in the player account (shown cost is 50,000, player account is ~603,903)
  • I don't get any subtitle text/notifications/read aloud about the value being lower than the cost (none at all for anything in fact)
  • The target is not already being salvaged
  • The cost is subtracted from the account so it makes it at least as far as line 3849 in the script "scs.library"
I don't know how to print the contents of variables to any log in X3FL and I'm out of ideas at this point. If I think of anything else I can do to test it I'll post a reply in this thread. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist you if and when you want to look into this more.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 17:08

Ah, you're playing FL (I missed that earlier)...

I've not tested the SCS scripts in FL much, I'll have a look and see if there's anything different to TC/AP that I hadn't already accounted for.

Is that the ship debris to the west of your initial starting position (Boron Scientist scenario)?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”