[SCRIPT] Manual Trade Extension v2.3.1 [2010-10-02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 20:30

Update v2.0

:arrow: Complete revamp. Now you are able to select which wares to buy/sell, the price (relative to average price), as well as use the ship's homebase as a storage depot. Check the OP for detailed description and screenshots.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 17. Jul 09, 20:43

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Update v2.0

:arrow: Complete revamp. Now you are able to select which wares to buy/sell, the price (relative to average price), as well as use the ship's homebase as a storage depot. Check the OP for detailed description and screenshots.
I so need to try this, looks mint :)

LA

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 19:19

Update v2.0.1

:arrow: Minor bugfix release. Rare case of no station in known galaxy that sells a ware caused premature termination of a loop.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 20:14

Thanks for this script, I think this is exactly what I was looking for.

I do not have any stations yet, but I'd like to buy many adv. satellites so I
can to deploy a good network. With this script I can send some M3s on trade
runs and let them deliver the satellites to their homebase M1 or TL.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 11:18

ThomasAH wrote:Thanks for this script, I think this is exactly what I was looking for.

I do not have any stations yet, but I'd like to buy many adv. satellites so I
can to deploy a good network. With this script I can send some M3s on trade
runs and let them deliver the satellites to their homebase M1 or TL.
Y'know, hadn't considered stockpiling satellites as one of the 'implicit modes of operation', might have to add that.

*Ad alert*
Oh, and of course there is always Deploy Satellite Network replacement, which will 'best buy' satellites, and use/refuel jumpdrive to deploy satellites in the known universe.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 12:43

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
ThomasAH wrote:I do not have any stations yet, but I'd like to buy many adv. satellites so I can to deploy a good network. With this script I can send some M3s on trade runs and let them deliver the satellites to their homebase M1 or TL.
Y'know, hadn't considered stockpiling satellites as one of the 'implicit modes of operation', might have to add that.
Tested it last night, it works ok, but there is room for improvement: I used an M3 (Mamba Raider) with "use homebase" enabled to fetch satellites, currently it jumps to a sector with a station selling them, docks, buys, undocks, jumps home, delivers sats.

Fine until now, but now it goes shopping for ecells, despite the homebase TL having plenty of ecells and supply software installed.

After this the loop restarts.

Another improvement could be to try to fill more of the cargo space before jumping home by visiting other selling stations.
ThisIsHarsh wrote: *Ad alert*
Oh, and of course there is always Deploy Satellite Network replacement, which will 'best buy' satellites, and use/refuel jumpdrive to deploy satellites in the known universe.
Currently I'm using MARS for semi automatic deployment, but I already noticed and downloaded (though not yet installed) your script as something which may be very useful :)

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 13:37

Using energy cells from the homebase is something I'll add for sure.

Doing multiple runs before dumping at homebase is a good idea, though less useful in some cases - I'll have to add that as an option.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 16:11

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Doing multiple runs before dumping at homebase is a good idea, though less useful in some cases - I'll have to add that as an option.
Maybe I'll just turn off "Use homebase" for now and from time to time manually
instruct the ship to deliver the sats. Should this work?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 20:54

ThomasAH wrote:
ThisIsHarsh wrote:Doing multiple runs before dumping at homebase is a good idea, though less useful in some cases - I'll have to add that as an option.
Maybe I'll just turn off "Use homebase" for now and from time to time manually
instruct the ship to deliver the sats. Should this work?
Yeah that'll work fine.

I've added an option to 'refuel at homebase', and added the options to 'buy until full' and 'sell until empty'. Still testing, but I've ironed out most bugs now, be ready in next day or two.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 21:37

Update v2.1

:arrow: Added option to refuel from homebase, rather than at docks.

:arrow: Added "Task" option giving three possible modes - "Buy only", "Sell only" and "Buy + Sell". This is useful for temporarily stopping your freighter from buying/selling, without needing to erase the ware list.

:arrow: Added option to "Buy until full". This means the freighter will continuously buy wares from the "Buy" list until it is 4/5 full, or it cannot find any valid deals. At which point it dumps the wares at the homebase (if enabled) and switches to selling (if there is anything in the "Sell" list).

:arrow: Added option "Sell until empty". This means the freighter will continuously sell wares from the "Sell" list until there are no more onboard, or it cannot find any valid deals. At which point it dumps any remaining wares at its homebase (if enabled) and switches to buying (if there is anything in the "Buy" list).

Check OP for updated screenshot of menu.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 08:19

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Update v2.1
NIce changes, thanks :)

Meanwhile my known universe no longer contains any noteworthy amounts of advanced satellites, hammer heavy torpedoes and flail barrage missles :)

... and no IBLs, but that's because I haven't discovered Yaki space yet and the pirate sector only has one IBL factory. Is there some script to notify me when it has another IBL on sale?

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 08:32

Hi!

I get an error when extracting plugin.mtx.buy.xml of the 2.1 version.

I'm not using the plugin manager, but the SPK explorer, but I never had problems with that.
All other files can be extracted fine, and in older versions of your script above file could be extracted, too.

Do you (or anyone else) get the same problem using the plugin manager?
Can you make the plugin (or just the file) available as .zip?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 12:21

ThomasAH wrote:Hi!

I get an error when extracting plugin.mtx.buy.xml of the 2.1 version.

I'm not using the plugin manager, but the SPK explorer, but I never had problems with that.
All other files can be extracted fine, and in older versions of your script above file could be extracted, too.

Do you (or anyone else) get the same problem using the plugin manager?
Can you make the plugin (or just the file) available as .zip?
That's wierd, confirmed the problem, yet I could open the file in notepad and the SE fine. Anyway, re-saved the file and replaced it in the package, that's sorted it. Redownload, should be fine now.

If anyone experiences problems (particularly with wierd buying behaviour), redownload - possible corrupt script file.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 12:25

ThomasAH wrote:
ThisIsHarsh wrote:Update v2.1
NIce changes, thanks :)

Meanwhile my known universe no longer contains any noteworthy amounts of advanced satellites, hammer heavy torpedoes and flail barrage missles :)

... and no IBLs, but that's because I haven't discovered Yaki space yet and the pirate sector only has one IBL factory. Is there some script to notify me when it has another IBL on sale?
I use 'Universal Best buys/sells'. Doesn't notify you, but does tell you if any are available and at what price and amount (provided you have property in the sector). Probably not what you were asking though.

You could dock a ship at that pirate base, using this plugin to continuously buy for 'any price', then as soon as they come in stock it will pick it up.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 14:28

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
I use 'Universal Best buys/sells'. Doesn't notify you, but does tell you if any are available and at what price and amount (provided you have property in the sector). Probably not what you were asking though.

You could dock a ship at that pirate base, using this plugin to continuously buy for 'any price', then as soon as they come in stock it will pick it up.
I use Universal Best Buys, too, but I'll try your suggestion to dock and use the by-for-any-price-loop, at least with the IBLs.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 14:35

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
ThomasAH wrote:I get an error when extracting plugin.mtx.buy.xml of the 2.1 version.
That's wierd, confirmed the problem, yet I could open the file in notepad and the SE fine. Anyway, re-saved the file and replaced it in the package, that's sorted it. Redownload, should be fine now.
In the new download I can't extract plugin.mtx.buysellloop.xml, but as it was fine with the first download of 2.1, I now have the upgraded version of both files :)
(I verified that all other files are identical)

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 15:21

ThomasAH wrote:
ThisIsHarsh wrote:
ThomasAH wrote:I get an error when extracting plugin.mtx.buy.xml of the 2.1 version.
In the new download I can't extract plugin.mtx.buysellloop.xml, but as it was fine with the first download of 2.1, I now have the upgraded version of both files :)
(I verified that all other files are identical)
Grrr. Must be a problem with the way Exscriptor saves files. I'll have to bear this in mind for the future. Cheers for pointing it out.

I've gone through each file, opening and re-saving with the in-game script editor, added to package and re-uploaded.

No need for anyone to redownload unless they are having problems.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 16:18

ThisIsHarsh wrote:I've gone through each file, opening and re-saving with the in-game script editor, added to package and re-uploaded.
Works fine now, thanks.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 09:50

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
ThomasAH wrote: ... and no IBLs, but that's because I haven't discovered Yaki space yet and the pirate sector only has one IBL factory. Is there some script to notify me when it has another IBL on sale?
I just wanted to confirm that this works. My Falcon Hauler waiting at the IBL forge just automatically bought one.

Grimshad
x3ap

Post by Grimshad » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 22:24

Isnt this script basically the exact same thing as Trade Software MK3 (universal trader) ? Except of course it seems like you have more control here and customizability. How does this differ besides that though? If it is the same, then that means you just eliminated the need to purchase MK3 to have your ship be a universal trader. now you can do it at the start for pretty cheap, right?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”