[SCRIPT] Marine Training Manager *Updated - v3* 12/23/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Graxster
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Marine Training Manager *Updated - v3* 12/23/2008

Post by Graxster » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 21:43

Marine Training Manager

Version 2 released. MTM is no longer a ship command, but a hotkey instead.
  • Adds a hotkey: Marine Manager
  • Allows training of individual Marines on a person by person basis without having to go to a Military Outpost. Can train all the way to 5 stars without having to land.
  • Allows training from any level, to any level. ie: Train from 3 stars to 4 stars, with no fear of losing any skills.
  • Allows concurrent training of different skills on the same Marine.
  • Allows training the Fighting skill, provided you have either Terran EMP rifles, Low-yield Sidearms, or Disintegrator rifles on board.
  • Micro-Manager is for training of individual marines. You can train multiple skills, as well as multiple marines. This is mainly for if your marines already have some stars and you don't want to re-train them.
  • Bulk Trainer allows training of an entire ship full of marines, without having to select each one individually. It assumes all your marines have a skill of zero. Select a ship, select a skill, select a level to train to, and all marines on board will be trained to that level. You can also train multiple skills, which allows you to train all skills up to 5 stars concurrently.
  • Training Messages Option: With this enabled, you will receive incoming messages informing you of the training progress. You get one report for every 25% of training completed, which will inform you of how much training time is left (in minutes). Note that this option does not send messages if you are training from level 0 to level 1. This is to prevent message-spam on the faster training level (0 to 1 takes approximately 20 minutes).
  • Training times and prices have been adjusted. Training now takes approximately half the time as you would wait training at a military outpost. Cost is doubled. This doesn't mean it's quick though. Training from 4 stars to 5 stars still takes approximately 6 hours.
New in Version 3:
  • You no longer have to enter current skill level.
  • A list of the marines on-board and their current skills is displayed above the marine selection.
  • You can no longer accidentally train a marine in the same skill multiple times. If you attempt to train a marine in a skill he's already learning, you will get an incoming message to that effect. This way you don't have to write down or try to remember who you're training in what skills.
  • When you start training a marine, the marine's name, level you're training him to, and skill you're training him in is written to the Player Logbook for your reference.
Note that if you have Training Messages turned on and you receive an incoming message to the effect: "Now training 'marine' to level 'X'" (when training up multiple levels), this does not mean that he should have some stars in that skill. All advancement is applied at the end of training. So, if you're training from 0 to 5 stars, he will have 0 stars until all 5 levels of training are completed. Optionally, you could train one level at a time.

Screenshots below are of version 2, not version 3

-----------------------------------------------Screenshots----------------------------------------------

[ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've included a hotkey uninstall script.

Enjoy!

-Grax

Version 3 - MUST HAVE YOUR GAME PATCHED TO VERSION 1.4!

Update: Now contains Italian language file (translation by DannyD).

RAR archive

[ external image ]

Version 2

SPK

[ external image ]

RAR archive

[ external image ]
Last edited by Graxster on Sat, 10. Jan 09, 04:41, edited 5 times in total.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 23:02

Nice.

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 01:05

Can you make an option to speed up the time, like half the length for twice the cost, third the length for x3, etc?

Onslaught320

Post by Onslaught320 » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 20:42

Hey. Nice script.
Just wondering when it asks for current skill is that 1 - 5 of stars as well or is that a value from somewhere else?
Also will the script tell you in some way when training is finished?

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 21:07

i like that you can train them, i just believe that you shouldn't be able to train them all the way to 5-stars

Good work, though

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 21:10

If you pay for them to train to 5 stars, why not?

I'd rather do it this way, than have betty DING you every 5 seconds doing it in a barracks/outpost.

If it cost you credits and a ton of time to train a load of them to 5 stars, that's fine with me. :)

There's less message spam that way.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 22:24

Onslaught320 wrote:Hey. Nice script.
Just wondering when it asks for current skill is that 1 - 5 of stars as well or is that a value from somewhere else?
Also will the script tell you in some way when training is finished?
When it asks for current skills, it's in stars, so enter a number between 0 and 4.

Yes, the script will send you a message when training is completed. Actually, since you can concurrently train different skills on the same marine, it sends you a message like: "Popo Pi's Mechanical training is complete!".

@Corhen: Why? You can train at a Military Outpost to 5 stars. It's not like the game doesn't normally allow it.

-Grax

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 07:44

well done grax!! this is an awesome and simple 2 use script!
i seem 2b gettin quite a nice collection of your scripts now..... thanks

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 14:46

Is there an option to train *all* the marines at one time? ;)

bbgun77
x4

Post by bbgun77 » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 15:59

I use this scrpit and tell me "training".But SEAT 5 mins in real time nothing happend.This basic marines how long need to 5 stars?And EMP rifles in my cargohold but use fight train command nothing happend.Is this a nomal?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 16:31

I can only assume that training to 5 stars will take a considerable amount of time. Training them that high in an outpost will take hours.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 17:28

Training times are in the readme.txt file included in the download. It's roughly 25 hours to train from 0 to 5 stars.

@fud: There's no option for training all the marines at once in a "batch"-type operation. JumperBR has already covered that in his Marine Trainer script. This script is intended as a supplement to that one, and is more along the lines of "more flexibility, but more micro-management".

-Grax

bbgun77
x4

Post by bbgun77 » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 17:46

25 H?I think is far away to me.Exchanges the shorter training time with a higher price is a good choice.

so i have to use two scripts?and this script traing fight stars?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 17:48

Graxster wrote:Training times are in the readme.txt file included in the download. It's roughly 25 hours to train from 0 to 5 stars.

@fud: There's no option for training all the marines at once in a "batch"-type operation. JumperBR has already covered that in his Marine Trainer script. This script is intended as a supplement to that one, and is more along the lines of "more flexibility, but more micro-management".

-Grax

Maybe I'll monkey with it then. :)

I'm micromanagaphobic. :p

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 01:10

Never mind....
(edited)

-Grax
Last edited by Graxster on Sat, 10. Jan 09, 04:29, edited 1 time in total.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 01:15

Bummer. :)

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 01:56

Im getting lock-up sometime and im not using it so :P.

If i were you i would place in big red bold letter KNOWN BUG MAY CAUSE LOCK_UP USE AT YOUR OWN RISK or something similar so ppl who feel crazy and still enjoy it and who know, you could get feedback from these player and help find where the hell is the problem.

Also placing a few infinite loop detector command can help preventing this kind of lock-up if its relate to your script, better have too much security algorytm than not enough and get problem like this one.

On this, i hope you will replace the script available again :).

i hpoe you can find the problem soon my friend.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 02:50

Well, I really can't say what was happening. About a minute after I completed the first set of HUB missions (ore delivery), the game locked up. So I uninstalled NPC Bailing, Economy and Supply Trader, Commodity Logistics Software, and still got a lockup. When I loaded an earlier save (I had saved about 60 seconds prior to lockup) and tried to destroy my ship that had the marines that were in training, the game locked up. Same if I attempted to destroy the station the ship was sitting in. But if I ejected them first I had no problem killing the Marines individually. That made me think that a problem was occuring right at the time training was supposed to finish.

However, I then loaded an earlier save and didn't do anything, but DID stop delivering ore to the HUB. The game went past the time of the previous lockup. I then finished delivering the ore to the HUB, and the game went past the original lockup time (if you compute it as happening from the end of the first HUB mission). So now I have no clue as to what the problem was. My game is fine now.... but I do have NPC bailing, Economy and Supply Trader, and Commodity Logistics still uninstalled. Not sure if it was one of them or just the game being flaky. The "event" that caused the lockup was obviously just about to happen in my last saved game. Reverting to a previous save and doing things differently makes everything work fine.

That being said, the Marines are still in training, so I'll wait and see if everything goes OK with that before I put the link back up.

-Grax

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 07:43

another bit of info 4u! i havnt installed ya script but since ive started training a large number of marines im expierencing lockups, only 4a few seconds, but im sure it defo has summit 2 do with VANILLA training of marines!
the only scripts im using is :better frame rate
pandora
reduced missiles
marauder shipyard
universal best buys/sells.

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 14:32

I have had this running long enough to get a single marine up to 5 stars in engineering with 24 others still training and haven't had any problems I think are related to the script. I'm close to where you describe in my current game so I'll let you know if I run into anything.

One suggestion: would it be possible to add a status report command that would list training progress? As I mentioned above I was training a batch of 25 marines. 20 of those started at the same time but only one has finished so far and it's been at least 2 additional SETA hours. It would be great to be able to verify that they are still working.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”