[SCRIPT] Marine Training Manager *Updated - v3* 12/23/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 22:10

Seathal wrote:Excellent script but I seem to have an issue...

When I try to "bulk train" the entire marine crews of my TPs and my Hyperion I keep getting the messages "Now training to 2/3/4... stars" but when I actually check their stats in "freight" I see no change at all? Is that normal? I'm currently trying it with all skills at once (yes, I have EMP rifles in the carhobay for the Fighting one). I don't see they made any training in the stats, but it takes my money anyways...

1.4 with some other scripts that shouldn't affect much...

Sorry if this has been asked before...
If you choose to train more than one level at a time, then the stars gained will be applied after all training is complete, not before. So once you've finished all their training for that skill, the stars will show up.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 12:55

Oh great, I'll be patient then... Thanks for the help!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:13

haha, yeah. Training 20 up to 5 stars takes a bit. :)

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:46

fud wrote:haha, yeah. Training 20 up to 5 stars takes a bit. :)
Actually, only 12hrs, 34min, 48sec with this script. In game, that is.

Unless you decided that you want elite marine shorter, and changed the timing. I set mine to a flat rate of 10 min per star. Okay, unbalancing, I know, but it is a single player game, right? What I do doesn't affect anyone else. And it makes boarding more fun when I actually have the good marine to use.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 14:57

I reduced mine too, about 1/3 what they were orriginally, but at 3x the cost. So I put *some* balance in it. :)

It's still mountains better than getting an effing IM every 30 seconds training them in an outpost.

I'll pay 3x as much, just for that fact alone.

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 18:38

Awesome! Less annoying training procedure but still not a cheat! :)

Edit: I just installed it and have one request: More message detail.
I would like to see the number of marines trained, to which skill level, estimated time, price for the training, etc. All this would be nice to have as a message, when you start the bulk manager.

In addition: When the manager tells you that all marines are now trained to the next level, it would be cool to see which marines to which level at which skills...

Btw, when the manager is running, will he add new marines to the process, when they enter the ship? Because I have 5 guys training with the manager now and other 5 are joining them soon, but they have progress already and I want to train them manually.

Thanx for the nice script!

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 19:46

Atrocious wrote:I just installed it and have one request: More message detail.
I would like to see the number of marines trained, to which skill level, estimated time, price for the training, etc. All this would be nice to have as a message, when you start the bulk manager.
Unfortunately, something like this won't be happening any time soon. RL has been keeping me busy, and it looks like my Mom needs quadruple-bypass heart surgery, so I probably won't be back any time soon.
When the manager is running, will it add new marines to the process, when they enter the ship?
In short: no. When you run the bulk training script it creates an array consisting of all marines currently on board, then trains them (by their names). So adding marines to the ship after the bulk training is started will not train the new additions. You either have to wait for the original batch of guys to complete their training, or put the new guys on a different ship.

-Grax

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 20:13

Graxster wrote:... my Mom needs quadruple-bypass heart surgery, so I probably won't be back any time soon.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully she will get well soon and you have time for scripting. :)
Graxster wrote: In short: no. When you run the bulk training script it creates an array consisting of all marines currently on board, then trains them (by their names). So adding marines to the ship after the bulk training is started will not train the new additions. You either have to wait for the original batch of guys to complete their training, or put the new guys on a different ship.
Thanx for the explanation! But what about the Micro manager? Can I run it on the additional marines or will it disturb the Bulk manager?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 01:56

this may be a bug report or i've just got how it works wrong
it work ok but to make sure i could pay for the training i train one star at a time but whilst it only charges for that star the time and message is for all lower stars i.e
train for level 1
level 1 complet
train for level 2
level 1 compleat level 2 compleat
train for level 3
level 1 compleat level 2 compleat level 3 compleat
and so on
also what lines would i have to change to make it into the chair in the matrix
marine wrote:I know ku fu, ship Machanics, Engineering plus origami and line danceing
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

rsjac

Post by rsjac » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 23:52

where do I extract the files to to make the scriipt work?
Cheers

Ind0ctr1n3

Post by Ind0ctr1n3 » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 18:41

Download the Script Manager which can be found here.

Then open the .SPK file with the script manager, and make sure the script is enabled.

P.s. if you downloaded v3, You need to use the Packager. Add the \script\ as script files, the \uninstall\ as uninstall script and the \t\ file(s) as text files. I'm too lazy to screenshot it for you, but I'm sure you could figure it out. Also, you could download the .spk for v2 and open it with the packager to see how it's done.
Never trust anything that bleeds for 3 to 5 days and doesn't die.

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Tue, 21. Apr 09, 02:06

For V3 just extract the scripts and t folders to your TC directory.

hsung
x3tc

Post by hsung » Sun, 26. Apr 09, 01:45

d-one wrote:Any chance of changing each training level to a separate training operation so that stars show up as they're earned? Like if we set it to train from 1 -> 4, train from 1 -> 2, add stars, train from 2 -> 3, add stars, etc. After spending all day training some new marines, I ended up running out of credits at the 4 -> 5 training stage. So now I have 0 credits, I've spent millions on training I didn't get, and I've got a ship full of completely untrained marines.

It's still a useful script, but that was a bit annoying. 8)
I just started to use this script and have been wondering why my credits haven't gone down despite training 5 marines up to level 4. So, do I get a message on how much is the training costs after the marines complete their training :?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 04:07

Hi, I think there's a bug... I have V3 and run TC 2.0.

If I train any skill using Micro-Manage just 1 point, the training is instant, regardless of skill or level.

I have 20 marines all exhibited this behaviour.

Soldier of the One
x3tc

Post by Soldier of the One » Mon, 11. May 09, 23:49

I changed the timer in the script but after a save and reload there is still no change in the time it takes to train. Is there something extra I need to do?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 12. May 09, 14:44

There are two scripts with the training time in them.

I'm not sure, but you may have to edit both to reflect a difference.

One script just has the 5 levels on it, the other is set up like:

With their respective times.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 13. May 09, 06:19

Any chance that marine training could be "frozen"? I understand most of the logic is kept in ingame variables and there is no debug log.

I ask because I have 5 marines training (think to 3 stars I can't remember) and none of them have budged a star, but training them just says "x is already training this skill".

Does this script show incremental star levelups or does it hit the desired star level instantly after an ingame timer?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Wed, 13. May 09, 06:45

The second - not really what I'd prefer, to be perfectly honest, but the way it works. You won't see any increase in skills until the training is finished completely.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 13. May 09, 18:19

Hmmm I see. Thanks! Maybe it's time to start script diving...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”