[SCRIPT] Marine Training Manager *Updated - v3* 12/23/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Anticept
x4

Post by Anticept » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 04:45

B) Micro-managment instantly trains marines. When you pick what to train them to, the menu immediately pops up and you can train em some more.

No, it doesn't instantly train marines. At least not in my version. Yes, the menu pops back up, but that doesn't mean that they're not being trained in the skill you selected. The purpose of that is so you can choose a different skill to train them in concurrently.
It does? The menu that comes back up for me isn't the actual skill selection, it's the same "train to" menu where you select the rank ;). I'll double-check with a vanilla install when Steam gets 1.4 downloaded to see.
C) Please have it so that once you start training a marine, it goes back to the marine selection.

It doesn't go back to the marine selection screen because of the above mentioned answer. I suppose I could add a "back to marine selection" option in a future update though.
Still a great script!

EDIT:

You know what, I feel dumb. Sorry about that Graxster, I wasn't paying enough attention to realize that I am seeing two skill popups because you couldn't poll the current stats of the marine, and your script was asking me what those were ;).
Signature.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 21:12

No time to chat... have to go wrap presents! Just a quick note: Updated to work with patch 1.4, you no longer have to enter CURRENT skill level. Only putting a .rar up for now. Let me know if you have any problems with the new scripts.

-Grax

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 00:14

sweet job there... once steam gets around to packing the 1.4, definatly going to download and give a try :)

BlueShade Zero
x3tc

Post by BlueShade Zero » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 06:22

I dont think this mods working for me... Then again i cant get the menu to pop up while in a military base...

How exactly do you use this mod?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Chaos, panic and disorder- my work here is done.
[ external image ]

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 06:56

I have never tried using it while docked but that may be your problem. Undock, use the hotkey, and the rest should be pretty easy.

BlueShade Zero
x3tc

Post by BlueShade Zero » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 07:36

OK, so i got it to do its thing... but when i select bulk training, it seems they start from lvl 1, and go up... on top of that it costs me a crap load but it seems they never get better... i checked on my marines when they shoulda been at lvl 2, and none of them were... (got the message they were BEGINNING lvl 3, meaning they shoulda completed lvl 2...)

I duno... maybe i'm just not doing it right...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
[ external image ]

Ordogg
x4

Post by Ordogg » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 09:51

Does this script need to have the script editor enabled? I want a nice clean save game for posting up on the forums

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 10:00

No, you're doing it right. It tells you their training progress so you can get an idea of how far along they are. It does not actually add the real stars until the training is completed.

space pirate

Post by space pirate » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 12:02

what you are doing wrong is not reading the description of the script.

d-one
x4

Post by d-one » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 17:29

Any chance of changing each training level to a separate training operation so that stars show up as they're earned? Like if we set it to train from 1 -> 4, train from 1 -> 2, add stars, train from 2 -> 3, add stars, etc. After spending all day training some new marines, I ended up running out of credits at the 4 -> 5 training stage. So now I have 0 credits, I've spent millions on training I didn't get, and I've got a ship full of completely untrained marines.

It's still a useful script, but that was a bit annoying. 8)

BlueShade Zero
x3tc

Post by BlueShade Zero » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 18:22

ah okay, that was my problem... i dumped like 7 mill into marine training (seemed like way too much btw) and didnt get anything out of it... btw, if i have marines at lvl 3/4, and other s at 0/1, and i tell them to train to 5, do i pay for ALL marines, including the ones that already have lvl 3/4 while the others train 1/2?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
[ external image ]

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 04:35

Graxster wrote:Bulk Trainer allows training of an entire ship full of marines, without having to select each one individually. It assumes all your marines have a skill of zero.
As for the other issue - simply use Bulk Training and select "Train to 1 Star". Once it's completed, repeat and train to 2 stars, etc... (if you don't like training from zero to 5 stars or are afraid you'll run out of money).

-Grax

[Snipe] Bando
x3tc

Post by [Snipe] Bando » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 16:45

Any chance this will be in a SPK form?

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 15:28

great script, just wondering if someone has a table with time/credit cost estimate for each level, wondering aobut it especially the ISK cost :s
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 17:33

This is very handy -- the bulk training command streamlines the process nicely, and it's great to be able to give my marines some combat training before putting them in harm's way.

I have one feature request and one possible bug report, though.

The request: could the progress report messages include the name of the ship the marines are on? (Perhaps have them appear from the ship instead of "Unknown"?)

And the bug, which appeared after I installed the script but may have other causes: When I pick up marines from space, they turn into passengers. (I can understand wanting to retire after the boarding pod you're in gets shot down, but...) I also recently upgraded MARS Fire Control to v. 4.25, so I guess that's the other major suspect.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 07:10

Nothing in the scripts that would cause marines to change into passengers. Must be some other script(s) doing that.

If you have the Plugin Manager, then you have the Plugin Manager Packager. Simple enough to make it into an SPK yourself. I don't have the time ATM.

As for cost and time per level... it's in the scripts, for anyone who wants to read it.

Code: Select all

Train to level 1:

021   |$cost = 42000
022   |$learn.time = 1200 (divided by 60 = 20 minutes)

lev 2:

029   ||$cost = 64000
030   ||$learn.time = 2700

lev 3:

036   |||$cost = 96000
037   |||$learn.time = 7200

train.to >= 4

043   ||||$cost = 116000
044   ||||$learn.time = 12600

train.to == 5

050   |||||$cost = 144000
051   |||||$learn.time = 21600
-Grax

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 16:11

Graxster wrote:Nothing in the scripts that would cause marines to change into passengers. Must be some other script(s) doing that.
Thanks. I'll ask around and see if I can find the guilty party.

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 21:02

ephemeron wrote:
Graxster wrote:Nothing in the scripts that would cause marines to change into passengers. Must be some other script(s) doing that.
Thanks. I'll ask around and see if I can find the guilty party.
I'm pretty sure this is a (rare) vanilla bug. It happened to me a long time ago, and it's happened to Squiddy in his adventures as well, and he plays strict vanilla.

Creston

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 04:37

Why does only v2. come in .spk, and not v3.??

Great script idea though, Graxter.

When DDRS mod ports to XTC, methinks it would be very cool if a few M2's, possibly an M7 were setup with Graxters' Marine Training infrastructure. If it were enabled only for certain ships, the value of those ships would go up indeed. They'd need to be at least mildly handicapped in some other way, to compensate--for playbalance' sake. What say you? Are you ok with your script--fully accredited--becoming a dedicated 3rd party mod script?

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 20:56

Excellent script but I seem to have an issue...

When I try to "bulk train" the entire marine crews of my TPs and my Hyperion I keep getting the messages "Now training to 2/3/4... stars" but when I actually check their stats in "freight" I see no change at all? Is that normal? I'm currently trying it with all skills at once (yes, I have EMP rifles in the carhobay for the Fighting one). I don't see they made any training in the stats, but it takes my money anyways...

1.4 with some other scripts that shouldn't affect much...

Sorry if this has been asked before...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”