[Script] Bulk Transporter Upgrade

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zakky2k
x3

Post by zakky2k » Sat, 16. May 09, 01:19

Hi all, where can I download the updated version of this script?
Cheers!
Zak

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 16. May 09, 11:59

Hi zakky2k,

PM me with an email address & I'll send you the updated script.

Cheers,

Scoob.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 16. May 09, 14:09

Until snwboardn21 or al_main says otherwise, here's the spk for this script including the M7 fix provided by Scoob!

DOWNLOAD
Last edited by arcana75 on Wed, 7. Sep 11, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

zakky2k
x3

Post by zakky2k » Sun, 17. May 09, 09:36

Great! Thanks all.
Zak

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 20:45

grr. this thing isn't showing up at all now. How can I figure out if there is a conflict with another script? I tried disabling some scripts that I have and now when I goto a station I see "newware 9" Grr. How do I get rid of that too? Love the game but there's got to be a way to figure out how to fix these things when scripts go bad or don't work or don't uninstall right. How do I properly uninstall a ware script?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 20:55

Hi,

I've noticed it conflicts (sometimes) with CODEA if you're using that. It replaces the command (text) with something else but it still works.

Maybe that's what's happening to you??

Cheers,

Scoob.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 00:04

Hi Scoob!

What's the acronym on the CODEA mod?
I tried with my skiron, my dragon, and my argon TL. I don't see any menu item showing remote freight transfer from my ship to either a player owned station or an NPC station. I checked under all menus but also under the custom section. I'm running mars. you think that might be the problem? Here's the pics of the scripts I'm running (+ those disabled)

http://img177.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 15b2t.smil

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 01:23

Hi,

You expect me to remember it? Lol, not a chance! ;) Check out the thread, I'm using this (despite the slight conflict) and it's cool: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=242483 do RTFM tho.

The command will appear under the Custom menu (after Navigation, Combat, etc. etc.) and should be option 1. 'Bulk Transporter Upgrade' or summat like that. Not running game at the mo so can't check.

MARS will certainly not interfere, can't think what it would be off your list as I don't use half that stuff...stationary pics wud be nice, fancy as that slideshow is :)

Note: the command only appears on huge ships once you've bought the software (teladi docks if I recall), so TL's, M1's, M2's and M7's (which is the bit I modded). Basically ships that cannot dock at 'normal' stations and factories.

Cheers,

Scoob.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 01:56

It *was* working for me, but now isn't. I'm trying to track down the problem.

I even assigned it a new command slot, still nothing there...

I'll keep tinkering.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 08:09

Scoob wrote:Hi,

You expect me to remember it? Lol, not a chance! ;) Check out the thread, I'm using this (despite the slight conflict) and it's cool: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=242483 do RTFM tho.

The command will appear under the Custom menu (after Navigation, Combat, etc. etc.) and should be option 1. 'Bulk Transporter Upgrade' or summat like that. Not running game at the mo so can't check.

MARS will certainly not interfere, can't think what it would be off your list as I don't use half that stuff...stationary pics wud be nice, fancy as that slideshow is :)

Note: the command only appears on huge ships once you've bought the software (teladi docks if I recall), so TL's, M1's, M2's and M7's (which is the bit I modded). Basically ships that cannot dock at 'normal' stations and factories.

Cheers,

Scoob.
totally wierd. I disabled a bunch of scripts before and it didn't show up under custom but for some reason now it is. But the problem now is that my special command software no longer has the ability to salvage containers! Argh! Well, I will try enabling my scavenger software and see if the bulk transporter software is still showing up in the menu.

That carrier software you mentioned looks really cool! I probably wouldnt use it b/c it isn't in .spk format and I tend to hose scripts pretty bad even when they are in .spk format. :D

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 12:22

Just an update, it was Apricotslice's CBEAM script that conflicted with it.

spikegifted
x4

Post by spikegifted » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 12:44

Nice idea! I've downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. Does this script work for M8s also (like a Cobra)? Also, is this compatible with 2.1? Thanks.

albalma
x3tc

Post by albalma » Sat, 11. Jul 09, 17:08

Sorry, can't see where to download and the link sends me to a "File not found" webpage.

a_rab13
x3tc

Post by a_rab13 » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 14:07

Hello Matey,

Been trying to download your SPK file of Bulk Beam Transporter for a few days now but can't because the site it sends me to says 'the file your attempting to download is not currently available'. I can't start the game without this because this add-one is too essential for me. I would really, really appreciate it if you could provide me with an alternative way to download.

Thanks a lot (in advance)!

Gorium
x3tc

Post by Gorium » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 03:35

Same here, I am interested in your script, and would like a download location. Can anyone else upload the file if the member is not around anymore?

JCanning
x3tc

Post by JCanning » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 10:18

Scoob, the copy I got from the url earlier tonight still had the command slot at Custom 26. After a very "entertaining" primer on Commands Signals/Slots in X3, I changed the 4 lines in the T file and the two lines in the setup file to use 32. (I'm sure there's probably a FAQ somewhere with that exact title that I was to obstinate to go look up.)

Anyway, I can email it to you if you want or you can make the changes yourself, and I'd suggest making it a formal request to TPTB to take that spot. That gives Lucike 3 slots above not taken if he wants them for some issues he has in that area i.e. CODEA.

I think this is an extremely useful program. Cleaning up this last issue shouldn't be that hard, and maybe Apricot Slice would be nice enough to host it if we remove it from using his command slot!

BTW: If I butchered anyone's name or any terms, please excuse me, it's slightly past late! ;)

JC

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 14:31

Hi,

With the original script author no longer supporting this it's difficult to know what to do officially.

I originally just changed the script for myself & a couple of others but have never formally hosted it or anything as I didn't feel that would be acceptable without a nod from the author etc.

I agree that it's a very useful script to have and if we can have it compatible with other scripts people use then even more will want to use it.

Not sure how best we can adopt an orphaned script like this to keep it current and adapt it further.

Good work changing the command slot though - it's a good way to learn customising existing scripts :)

Cheers,

Scoob.

JCanning
x3tc

Post by JCanning » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 02:29

While I respectfully disagree I do understand the issue. It just seems to be a shame to let this program fall into the unsupported pile.

In any event the download link in your earlier message might want to reflect a different command slot.

Thank you for all of your work on this!

JC

WhiteStar1
x3tc

Post by WhiteStar1 » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 18:53

albalma wrote:Sorry, can't see where to download and the link sends me to a "File not found" webpage.
Got the same message too is this now scrapped :?
Intel Core i5 @2.8GHz, GA-H55-UD3H AMD 6870 XFX MoH 4GB DDR3 Sound Blaster Xi-Fi X3:R/TC VDF Air Marshall

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 20:49

Hi,

Download link posted near the bottom of page 3 by arcana75 still appears to be working - it includes my M7 fix also.

arcana75: if you're still following this thread would you be prepared to host JCanning's revised command slot version?

Cheers,

Scoob.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”