S9ilent's Vocal Control *29/03/2015*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 06:49

Sorry for the slow reply, I keep seeming to miss the emails about this thread being updated :S, I suspect... its because.. I'm not watching my own topic.. hrmm *fixed*

Ok I've identified this issue and I have found out why and how to fix it and I'm working hard to release a new version. I'm hoping *fingers crossed* to get it out before the .. monday.. Superbox due date time. the 15th.

News:
I'm re doing the programing for many bits of the program. (With my new > noob c# skills I can now laugh at all my old code)
It will now be able to accept nested rules results. In general, result handling is much neater and more robust
It will now work more independently of the windows voice recognition. (It uses the same engine, but now you can have it turned "off" in windows, but still work. So it wont start controlling your screen or any of that stuff. This only affects win vista and on wards.
Using inproc instead of shared. Its "supposed" to be better.

Todo
Finish rewriting SVC
Polish X3 scripts
Rename S9ilents Vocal Control to something less... with out my name in it, e.g. Ship Vox Controller or... I should just rename it to like X3TC Voice Recognition

Myouga
x3tc

Neato

Post by Myouga » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 06:23

Been using it so far, and I like what I see. what I would LOVE to see is a compatibility patch for CODEA, which IMO should go into the bonus pack because its so great. My vision for this utility is to be able to stand up, cross my arms so I can't touch any controls, and command a capital battle. (wings already set up and whatnot.

Jsquara

Post by Jsquara » Mon, 5. Jul 10, 14:37

Hi, great work with this so far, i was amazed at how well it works. Just one quick question though, i have a dual monitor setup and i watch the logs on the other screen when i play. A lot of the time when i say a correct command string, It registers in the log but does not activate the script in game, and i find i have to repeat what i say 4-5 times before it works sometimes.

I'm just wondering is that still part of the old coding where it is leaving of part of the commands or is it just me?

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Mon, 5. Jul 10, 14:38

Sorry there was a bug in the old program,

I'm currently in the middle of a rewrite, but it will take time (work is killing me at the momment :S )

Jsquara

Post by Jsquara » Mon, 5. Jul 10, 19:14

:) not a problem, RL comes first and foremost, I look forward to the rewrite, you've done a great job so far.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 01:34

Out of curiosity, do the people who do (or will) use this have:

At least windows XP sp 2 onwards
Or a newer windows, e.g. vista/ server 2008 / w7
Or .net 3.0 or greater?

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 01:57

Win7 and net 4.0
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Jsquara

Post by Jsquara » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 11:55

I have Win7 and net 4.0 also.

MuHoTaBP

Post by MuHoTaBP » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 18:08

Hello S9ilent,
I was using Your software and liked it very much. Unfortunately your software isn't able to support Russian version of the game. I wander would it be possible for You to add support for Russian version of the game in Your next build, because using Your software in it's current state, not all commands given by player are recognized and therefore synchroinized with the game.
In addition I think that Your software will get increasingly popular within the Russian fanbase of the game, because it gives them new possibilites and can present them with new experience that they can get from their beloved game.

P.S. - Here is the link to Russian fan saite, that I promised to provide you with earlier:
*Please check your E-Mail for links.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 13:09

I finally found where all the emails where going! (I think gmail auto filters emails of your non-native language to the spam box :S)

So can I just confirm with you,
Can you start the voice recognition?
Or does it throw up some error when you click start?

If it is not starting, can you try editing the x3tc.xml file and changing

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GRAMMAR LANGID="409">

to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GRAMMAR LANGID="419">
(419 is russian)

and try again

MuHoTaBP

Post by MuHoTaBP » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 14:56

I can start the speech recognition in my computer but there is no supporting russian version of the game in your program, so I can't use your program as good as I want. I have tried to modify x3tc.xml but it didn't solved the problem. After I have edited that file the program have ceased to perceive commands, so I have returned the previous state of that file.

I think that you should try to add supporting for russian version to the next build (now your program supports english, french and even polsky version). Please help me with my problem when you will can.

BlueShade Zero
x3tc

Post by BlueShade Zero » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 22:29

So, does this actually work fo anything usefull? So far, it seems to me i can only designate ships, and get them to follow me. I cant even have them follow another ship, or attack them, or dock, or anything.

It recognizes the commands and puts it in the subtitle, but does nothing... I said to dock at my target, and it just ran up to it, and stayed there...

EDIT:

Seems to me that, for some reason, the ships are either not complying with the orders they get, like having a "dock" order and just sitting there though theres plenty space, or not attacking what i told them to... Or theyre not receiving the orders period, such as it seems the windows speech recog keeps giving me the "what was that" ding... Only on some commands "such as a follow target command"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Chaos, panic and disorder- my work here is done.
[ external image ]

MuHoTaBP

Post by MuHoTaBP » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 23:21

BlueShade Zero, I think that you haven't learnt how to use this program correctly. But of course a few of commands in readme file are became outdated because it should be others, for example if you want to give a command for any wing you shouldn't speak the word 'wing'.

BlueShade Zero
x3tc

Post by BlueShade Zero » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 01:25

MuHoTaBP wrote:BlueShade Zero, I think that you haven't learnt how to use this program correctly. But of course a few of commands in readme file are became outdated because it should be others, for example if you want to give a command for any wing you shouldn't speak the word 'wing'.
This is, (though unfortunately) likely true. Most of what i know of how to use it was by looking at the examples in the documents, and by examining the grammar compiler... took me about an hour to figure out what some stuff ment, like cname.

If theres a more updated document that details exactly how to use it, it would be nice.

Also, i noticed you cant order ships to do anything that involves stations... unless its your target.

EDIT

yeah, so some further testing showed that, even with designating my target, my ships WOULD NOT dock at my caravel. it recognized what i was saying, it even said "blue wing docking at ReAver" which was right. But they just sat there with their previous order.

also, how do i clear designations. I've got a few that i'd like to replace with other things.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
[ external image ]

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 09:02

@BlueShade Zero
There are some bugs in the current system which I'm working out in the newer build. (The more complex commands with more then 2 levels of properties are failing to register correctly)

The *ding* "What was that" bug is being removed in the newer version. (I built this in xp which had no built in voice recognition which was ok, but then in vista/7 it is conflicting with the windows voice recognition, hence all the dinging)

I'm hoping to simplify the grammar designer
(it will look mostly the same, by the define section will be removed)
(I will also try to add linking so (right/control) clicking on a ruleref e.g. cname will jump to that rule)
(I will unfortunately also add complexity to the grammar designer by allowing plug ins to be used, at the moment it is just 1 file for everything)

Can I just ask you
So you said "blue wing dock at my target"
And then ingame, in the subtitles, it said
"blue wing dock at ReAver" (I'm going to assume your target is called ReAver)
But then nothing happened?

You can just overwrite designations, I have not implemented a clear yet, but I will in the next version. (e.g. just say betty designate delta 7 again, and your target will become the new delta 7)

@MuHoTaBP
I'll work on it (Sorry I had assumed you meant it wasn't working on Russian, not that I hadn't built the langId option in :S)
It will still have to run through the english recognition.. stuff (so you will need to sound out russian words into english~like spelling) but hopefully, it should be compatible. (I did adhoc tests with German words before)

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 09:23

Sorry what is the X3 language Id used for the Russian version of the game?

In your Pm you said it is 7, is it just 7 or like 47? (e.g. English is 44, french is 32, Deutsh is 49)

I'll also add a more generic config so you can manually change the number

MuHoTaBP

Post by MuHoTaBP » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 13:46

Yes, of course. The Russian LangID=7. You are right.

BlueShade Zero
x3tc

Post by BlueShade Zero » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 15:23

s9ilent wrote:@BlueShade Zero
There are some bugs in the current system which I'm working out in the newer build. (The more complex commands with more then 2 levels of properties are failing to register correctly)

The *ding* "What was that" bug is being removed in the newer version. (I built this in xp which had no built in voice recognition which was ok, but then in vista/7 it is conflicting with the windows voice recognition, hence all the dinging)

I'm hoping to simplify the grammar designer
(it will look mostly the same, by the define section will be removed)
(I will also try to add linking so (right/control) clicking on a ruleref e.g. cname will jump to that rule)
(I will unfortunately also add complexity to the grammar designer by allowing plug ins to be used, at the moment it is just 1 file for everything)

Can I just ask you
So you said "blue wing dock at my target"
And then ingame, in the subtitles, it said
"blue wing dock at ReAver" (I'm going to assume your target is called ReAver)
But then nothing happened?

You can just overwrite designations, I have not implemented a clear yet, but I will in the next version. (e.g. just say betty designate delta 7 again, and your target will become the new delta 7)
Cant wait to try out the updated version. When i saw this at first, i kinda shrugged it off, but then thinking about it i saw its potential for multi wing, and fleet combat.

Yes, ReAver is the name of my TM (a pirate caravel). And not exactly nothing... Let me do abit of testing, i think i arbitrarily ran into another, perhaps unrelated bug. From what i've seen, the ship would approach the TM and just stop, but i noticed it did that again recently with a manual command though it eventually docked with some fiddling... However i've played for hours in this profile and it never did that before i tried using the verbal docking command...

As i said, i'll do some heafty testing, see what works what doesnt... I think something in installed jacked up the ships AI. I got my guys to attack a TS, but they'd follow it for about 10 KM before even one of them opened fire. I made sure they all had weapons, check, all turrets set to defend, check... they all had the "attack" order set... check... but their behavior is strange...

I'm looking at the naval shuffle right now as the culprit... I'll make a fresh install with only the mods i REALLY want and see what happens.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
[ external image ]

MuHoTaBP

Post by MuHoTaBP » Wed, 29. Sep 10, 15:00

S9ilent
Thanks a lot. It is very nice information for me. I will wait for new build very much. I hope it will be a great new experience to use voice control in Russian version of the game, and I really hope that it will works with Russian words :)

kissmejulie

Post by kissmejulie » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 17:12

I still love it, Is there a way to order ships to board my target?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”