[MD Script] Plots Reset 3.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

[MD Script] Plots Reset 3.1

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 19:38

Plots Reset 3.1

English | Deutsch

Due to request from users I have finally managed to create a smal MD Scripts which allows the player to reset the plots.

The HUB, ANH and HQ Plots are not included.

Installation:

1. Extract rar archive into X3TC root folder, both files (PlotReset and modified.txt) should then get directly to your director folder, where they are supposed to.
2. Ingame change your pilot name to Resetplots (check spelling), a sound is played (Cheatmode enabled) if typed correctly.
3. After that change your pilot name again depending on which plot you want to reset (list below)
4. If you want to reset more then one plot, repeat from step 2.

Note: If you reset one scene in Terran Plot, all following ones get reset too.

Reset codes:

Code: Select all

ResetTPsc1  - Terraner Plot Scene 1
ResetTPsc2  - Terraner Plot Scene 2
ResetTPsc3  - Terraner Plot Scene 3
ResetTPsc4  - Terraner Plot Scene 4
ResetTPsc5  - Terraner Plot Scene 5
ResetKP     - Khaak Plot
ResetGP     - Goner Plot
ResetTP20   - 2.0 Aldrin Expansion Plot
ResetTH     - Treasure Hunt
ResetBoPsc1 - 3.0 Plot BoP Scene 1
ResetBoPsc2 - 3.0 Plot BoP Scene 2
ResetBoPsc3 - 3.0 Plot BoP Scene 3
Check spelling!

Use at your own risk.

MFG

Ketraar
Last edited by Ketraar on Sun, 22. Jan 12, 17:31, edited 11 times in total.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 21:36

looks interesting but won't that mean you can now get as many vidars as you want?
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 21:49

That would be considered cheating, Storm. This is to help people whose game bugs out.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 23:15

MutantDwarf wrote:This is to help people whose game bugs out.
Exactly.

Besides you already can have as many Vidars as you want to, if you want to cheat just use the cheatpack, which is easier. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 23:32

Sorry my brain wasn't awake yet, haven't had enough caffeine yet. :P
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 05:41

I've been thinking about this myself.

But please include Hub and HQ and Aldrin.

I really need to be able to do any plot, from second 1 in a new game.

Its looking like my old game isnt going to load with my latest version of my mod, and as such, I really do not want to have to redo terran plot in order to do the Aldrin plot, which I need to do soon to get my walthroughs up to date.

I'd also prefer a drop and and reset version, that does all of them at one go. Changing names is too much mucking around. At most, I'd only want to do it once, and it should retain the name originally there after.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 16:42

apricotslice wrote:I really do not want to have to redo terran plot in order to do the Aldrin plot,
It seams you are mixing up things here. This is NOT a way to cheat you trough the Plots, this is for those who, due to various reasons, got stuck. With this script you can RESET the plots, which then allows you to start over again. The reset will force using newest files updates/patches and therefore most probably allow you to complete the plots with no trouble.

What you are looking for is a cheat to make the Plots complete. I'm working on that too, I don't have an ETA yet but it should be soon.
I'd also prefer a drop and and reset version, that does all of them at one go. Changing names is too much mucking around. At most, I'd only want to do it once, and it should retain the name originally there after.
Yeah but I don't. ;-)

MFG

Ketraar

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 16:57

Is there a way to reset the Goner and Kha'ak plots to certain stages aswell?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 16:59

Ketraar wrote:What you are looking for is a cheat to make the Plots complete. I'm working on that too, I don't have an ETA yet but it should be soon.
Being able to mark specific scenes/stages of the plots complete would be particularly useful, I think. Although I've no idea if it's practical :).

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 17:07

X2-Eliah wrote:Is there a way to reset the Goner and Kha'ak plots to certain stages aswell?
Those Plots are, unlike the Terran plot, not "build up" in scenes, so no, all or nothing here, sorry.
Carlo the Curious wrote:Being able to mark specific scenes/stages of the plots complete would be particularly useful, I think. Although I've no idea if it's practical :).
Its all but practical. I'll be making it so you can complete each Plot separately.
It will be made for those who start over and don't want to play the plots again and still want to have their benefits, rather then for those who are "just" tired of playing them or are stuck. So I don't think that I will make that possible, its just too much trouble.

But more when its released and than in its own Topic. :-)

MFG

Ketraar

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 17:19

Ketraar wrote:
X2-Eliah wrote:Is there a way to reset the Goner and Kha'ak plots to certain stages aswell?
Those Plots are, unlike the Terran plot, not "build up" in scenes, so no, all or nothing here, sorry.
I'm pretty sure there are scenes (and stages) for the other plots as well, they're just not in separate files.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 17:24

Carlo the Curious wrote:they're just not in separate files.
And THAT is exactly why they are not like the Terran Plot, hence when the trigger cue gets cancelled, everything below it gets cancelled too. :wink:

Its not like I'm doing it just to annoy people. :roll:

MFG

Ketraar

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 17:31

Hah.

I was thinking you could just set the variable(s) they check - but are they local to the file?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 17:35

Yes they are. I'm not saying its not possible, just that it takes a huge amount of time, plus lots of checking when what is made to do that. Its an effort I was/am not willing to put in to. This is, as I said, to help those who got stuck, to have a chance to restart their plots in order to complete them without having to start over.

MFG

Ketraar

Sudaka
x3ap

Post by Sudaka » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 19:43

Hi, sorry for my english, my problem is a bug in expansion de Aldrin, first mision,Baldric Miner mision, mising the guide interactive, my game is normal , not script, + expansion 2.0a in spanish. The scripts reset plots can help?.
The bug is reported in the forum.
Now, thanks

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 20:10

Aldrin Mission was not included here, due to there not being any resquests for it. I can add it though, no problem.

I'll update here once its done, should be in a few hours.

MFG

Ketraar

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 05:12

Could you (pretty please with sugar and kipper on top) add in a "Plot finished" flag as well, for those who can't/don't want to go through all the missions to enable to Aldrin plot?

What I mean is a command that sets a certain plot (Like the Goner plot) to the final stage - where you have to speak with the end NPC, or even to a 'finished' state..

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 05:21

Seconded.

As I said before, I've completed all plots and have no desire to redo any of them, but my current saves for my old version of my mod, will not load, and all I want is to start the Aldrin plot asap on a new game.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 11:28

apricotslice wrote:As I said before, I've completed all plots and have no desire to redo any of them
As I said I'm making such a thing, no need to be reminding me every 2 days though. When its done I will make a topic for it, please use this topic for its own purpose.

MFG

Ketraar

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 11:29

Makes a note on the calendar for 2 days hence. :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”