[MD Script] Plots Reset 3.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 14. Jan 12, 19:12

Sorry, ftp is down and seams I don't have a backup of the 3.1 version. Will have to look at work on Monday if I got something there. If not I will have to write it again.

If anyone has the 3.1 feel free to send it to me, thanks.

MFG

Ketraar

JGJones

Post by JGJones » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 18:04

Hi all. I've gotten this game via a Steam sale and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Just doing the Terran plot on my first game and I'm now in the stage where I'm rescuing the two escaped astronauts but when I arrive at the station to drop them off, I get a Mission Ended message and that is it. The plot ends here.

I assume somewhere along the line the game have gone fubered. My game is actually vanilla - no scripts, mods etc at all, until recently when I added the bonus pack when I wanted to try trading.

I'll need to use the Reset Plot so hopefully you'll get a working FTP asap!

And I assume I would need to reset the first plot only? And this would mean I'll need to restart the plot again (I don't mind that, but not restart the game! Not this soon when I've just gotten my first M3 ship! (technically a captured ship really!) and just made a few millions etc.

Cheers

EDIT - unless anyone have a backup copy, please do PM me it too.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 18:17

JGJones wrote:Just doing the Terran plot on my first game and I'm now in the stage where I'm rescuing the two escaped astronauts but when I arrive at the station to drop them off, I get a Mission Ended message and that is it. The plot ends here.
All you have to do is wait a bit, it will take about 15min and possibly a sector change for it to continue, assuming you are not being hated by Terran in the meanwhile.

As for working ftp its a nogo it seams, so unless someone else provides a 3.1 copy, I'll have to rewrite it. Which will have to wait quite a while as I have other things set as priority atm.

MFG

Ketraar

JGJones

Post by JGJones » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 18:43

Ah OK thanks...I'll try waiting around for a while and hopefully this will be my solution, thanks for letting me know that. I'm pretty sure the Terran like me :)

Hope someone send you a working copy - it's always an hassle to restart something!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 03:56

I have no idea which one this is. I downloaded it quite a while ago. Was definitely before the balance of power missions.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21195566/PlotsReset.rar

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 11:14

This is 1.1 Version, several plots resets missing, thanks for trying though.

MFG

Ketraar

EddieWardo

Post by EddieWardo » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 21:38

Just bought the game on steam as well.
Had the same problem. But mine was a little more stupid... I just forgot to pick up the astronauts (for some reason I dont know, I left the plot in the middle and started doing a lot of trading)... after a long time Ive tried to continue the mission and guest what?!! I cant find the astronauts... Now I have lots of station and hubs, millions in my account,and almost ending the OTAS and Final Fury plots.... and without the aldrin colonys I cant buy the springblosson....
Please man, save our souls!!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 01:27

The link above will work for you. Reset Scene 3 if I'm not mistaken.

MFG

Ketraar

EddieWardo

Post by EddieWardo » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 15:43

I love you man! It worked!!!
Are you portuguese? I see you live in Guimarães... You are invited to my home, here in Brazil. ILL buy the beer and you bring the meat. Lets do some barbecue!!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 05:57

Ketraar wrote:
JGJones wrote:Just doing the Terran plot on my first game and I'm now in the stage where I'm rescuing the two escaped astronauts but when I arrive at the station to drop them off, I get a Mission Ended message and that is it. The plot ends here.
All you have to do is wait a bit, it will take about 15min and possibly a sector change for it to continue, assuming you are not being hated by Terran in the meanwhile.

As for working ftp its a nogo it seams, so unless someone else provides a 3.1 copy, I'll have to rewrite it. Which will have to wait quite a while as I have other things set as priority atm.

MFG

Ketraar
It looks like I have version 3.1a

Where should I send it? PM me an email address?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 16:22

You can email it to me. Using the email listed in my profile, thanks

MFG

Ketraar

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 16:48

Ketraar wrote:You can email it to me. Using the email listed in my profile, thanks

MFG

Ketraar
Of course. Can't believe I missed that.

Sent....

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 17:34

joelR wrote:Sent....

OP Updated, working links now lead to XDownloads site where all my stuff is and/or will be in future.
Taking here the opportunity to thank SS_T for the site to host all this for free. Thanks mate, great work.

MFG

Ketraar

hipperion
x4

Post by hipperion » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 22:04

Could you make it work for AP ? :)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 22:23

You mean to reset the AP plot? Sure I will do one soon™

MFG

Ketraar

hipperion
x4

Post by hipperion » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 01:24

Yes! This will be a way to turn off those horrible war updates which stop my SETA ...

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 19:46

This doesn't seem to be resetting balance of power for me.

The problem I have is that the Captain on the military base I'm supposed to speak with to begin the plot only has the generic conversation. I tried running this mission for 'ResetBoPsc1' and it seems to work fine (I get the command accepted notification) but It doesn't seem to have reset, or specifically: the problem isn't solved and I haven't received another copy of the message telling you to go to M148.

Is this a problem too early in the plot for the reset to affect it, is there something that could be stopping this reset from working or should I look elsewhere for the problem rather than in the plot itself?
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 20:11

Depending on the plot the new offer may take some time to appear, depending on conditions, try changing sector a few times and if it doesn't work, well then some deeper look will be required.

MFG

Ketraar

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 20:36

Ketraar wrote:Depending on the plot the new offer may take some time to appear, depending on conditions, try changing sector a few times and if it doesn't work, well then some deeper look will be required.
The commander is at the station with the blue book icon when I re-enter the sector so can the cleanup take some time as well?
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 21:13

No cleanup.

This is a hack for those stock in plots that got somehow borked, cleaning up would take as much effort as writing the plot from scratch, not going to happen, sorry.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”