[SCRIPT] Equipment Research and Development V1.00 : Update 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 15:23

I was eyeing this mod for some time, but I still have one question:

Was the upgrade system implemented? I mean, engine tuning, rudder, cargo bay?

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 18:10

Bump! :spam:

Anybody home? Also, does this work with AP?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 18:44

Playbahnosh wrote:I was eyeing this mod for some time, but I still have one question:

No, you can only get equipment with it (navigation software/docking computer/jumpdrive/etc)
Playbahnosh wrote:Also, does this work with AP?
yes

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 21:35

It's a bummer that tunings are not included.

Also, does anyone know which resources are required to install the extensions?

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Sat, 11. Aug 12, 08:55

Jumee wrote:
Playbahnosh wrote:I was eyeing this mod for some time, but I still have one question:

No, you can only get equipment with it (navigation software/docking computer/jumpdrive/etc)
yes
Thanks for the info. I wonder where Cycrow is, he used to be frequent on the S&M forum :gruebel:

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 03:13

Required resources vary with the manufacturer of whatever EqD you buy.
Does anyone knows how to reduce times for RE of the wares? Multiple HQs seems to work properly in AP, but getting multiple docks full of important equipment takes an inordinate amount of time. I poked around the files but had some difficulty following how this all works. Redundancy with a few smaller pieces like Nav./Fight/Special Software for fighters, as an example, is a very drawn out process.
Still a great package for the self-sufficiency bit, and equipping multiple ships never has been efficient anyway.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 12. Aug 12, 12:03

Playbahnosh wrote:
Jumee wrote:

yes
Thanks for the info. I wonder where Cycrow is, he used to be frequent on the S&M forum :gruebel:
my connection has been abit poor recently so i've had limited chance to get online.

theres currently no plans to do the upgrades yet, but there is a new version in the works which might go into the bonus pack eventually.

the resources required are different depending on the cost of the ware, it generates the list of wares based on how much its worth

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sun, 19. Aug 12, 01:35

Too bad about the lack of tunings :(

Does this work on any Terran stations the player can buy?

Kontaro
x3tc

Post by Kontaro » Sun, 16. Sep 12, 22:13

Did this ever get to work for the PHQ?

mrowka
x4

Post by mrowka » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 00:16

Seems like it dont see eq docks in XRM as eq docks, thrugh lunching it from script editor works fine

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 05:21

mrowka wrote:Seems like it dont see eq docks in XRM as eq docks, thrugh lunching it from script editor works fine
in XRM EqD's are HQ's - so that causes problems with some of the scripts
"If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them"

lets pretend november 15 never happened

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Wed, 12. Dec 12, 21:54

if you want the upgrades (cargo bay extension, engine tuning and rudder optimisation) really really bad you can always buy a free Argon trading station (or any trading station), put it in the same sector as yr equipment dock and then add the upgrades to the station as products with cycrows cheatpackage. Set option ''keep factory/dock stocked'' to ''on'' and change ownership to another race.

This way it will cost you money (money for buying the station in the first place and money whenever you wanna buy those upgrades but you end up with the upgrades very near your equipment dock.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Mon, 27. May 13, 14:25

Two questions, does this work with AP 3.0 and will it work with XRM?
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 27. May 13, 17:18

Should work with AP 3.0
Not got XRM,so can't answer that one.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Mon, 27. May 13, 17:25

Thanks anyway, I think I have a solution anyway because someone above said something about it not working with XRM.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Thu, 11. Jul 13, 08:06

InFlamesForEver wrote:Thanks anyway, I think I have a solution anyway because someone above said something about it not working with XRM.
eh so how to make this work with XRM AP? :?:

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Thu, 11. Jul 13, 16:51

I somehow seem to have researched two Docking Computers (most likely through my own stupidity), is there a way to un-research one of them?

Also it would be great to be able to see current research across all EQ-Docks from the global menu. And maybe a list of un-researched equipment.

Edit: It might also be good to have set requirements for the Turbo Boosters rather than based on cost. Currently the requirements are a little excessive (not to mention the 27 days it takes for MK1 and 269 days for MKII) :P

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 11. Jul 13, 22:38

I agree with the not knowing for sure what other stations are researching is a problem when you end up doing duplicate research,but hey,that happens in real life to. :-)

Times for reseaech etc I don't mind..."Rome was not built in a day" , and all that.

Maahes
x4

Post by Maahes » Thu, 11. Jul 13, 23:31

I don't mind them taking a while either but there should be a limit. :)

Not that its important as these are are only usually in player ships and usually not fitted en masse , so this is largely irrelevant, its just to show my point that I think there should be a cap.

It's actually impossible to Research System Override Software, Software Signature Scrambler, Turbo MkI and Turbo MK2 because there's no dock that can hold enough of the resources.

For example the biggest one is the MKII with:
Credits: 212billion
E-Cells: 7,764,401
Cahoonas: 739,457
Rimes: 121,554
Silicon: 140,849

By the way, absolutely love this script, can't believe I only just found it. If there is ever going to be a new BP this gets my vote :thumb_up:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 11. Jul 13, 23:50

I used it extensively in one of my games last year. I wonder if the Terran PHQ will hold enough for those items youi mention :gruebel:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”