[Script] Logain Industries Global Production Report v3 - 25/09/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ragamer
x4

Post by ragamer » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 16:26

I found the sources of both problems, the Total Stock (Easy to solve) and the production and consumption rates (Very hard to solve).

LA, check your PMs, please

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 09:34

Hi ragamer,

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the detailed pm. I’ll try and look at this as soon as I can but spare time is very limited at the moment.

LA

glenmcd
x3tc

me 2

Post by glenmcd » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 16:37

ragamer wrote:1) There are a couple of "write to logfile #9918" (At lines 218 & 235) on the Complex Search Loop in the "plugin.LI.GPR.Search.V2". After 2 or 3 hours of gametime (with around 100 stations in complexes) the Log grows and the game starts to visibly stutter. If I comment this 2 "write to log" operations the stuttering completely dissapears (The logfile at this moment was ramping up above 10Mb size :)).
I've been working hard on expanding my complexes, and as always, using Complex Cleaner. There's a stutter which has been appearing approximately every 4.2 seconds, or 0.42 seconds with SETA x 10 enabled. I've just spent 4 hours searching for the cause. I first saved and made a backup of my save folder. Then I destroyed every one of my ships except a couple of TLs, Kestrel and Hyperion which has the tractor beam. I couldn't find the "self destruct" for my ships so I just told them to fly to sector Xenon 598 or whatever. This didn't get rid of the stutter. I then used Complex Cleaner self destruct on each of my complexes, and found that each time I destroyed the CCKs (along with complex hub), the stutter decreased. I did try destroying the FACTs as well, but this made no difference. When I removed the last complex hub, the stutter had completely disappeared. Then I reloaded and destroyed the CCKs only, leaving all FACTs intact. Zero stutter.

Note that I'm using a "monster PC". Everything is on steroids so there's no question of hardware being a significant bottleneck. In particular, the C: drive is a two way RAID 0 SSD with timings 550MB/sec sustained reads/writes and <0.1ms latency. The log file would have to be at least 150MB and be blocking other processing to cause the stutter I'm seeing.

If the problem still can't be found, I can do more checks, like setting up logging of IO operations with and without GPR enabled. As this is hard work and I'd rather play, I'll wait to see if this is necessary first.

I installed GPR a week ago but haven't actually done a report yet. I'll simply disable it until there's a solution available.

thanks,
Glen

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 18:14

That stutter occurs monster PC or not. Unfortunately I believe it's a limitation in the code which causes this issue even with a fast computer.

BTW what CPU are you running and speed is your CPU at. Raw core speed is more beneficial to X3:TC than most other mods to the computer. There is a huge difference running 3Ghz or 3.9Ghz, much more so than running a 8800GTX to a 570GTX...

Also got to remember the game is Single Threaded for the most part (only audio is offloaded to a second thread) so having more than 2 cores is irrelevant. It's the singular core speed ;)

It's most likely related to scripts that become resource heavy for a split second.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 18:27

TrixX wrote:BTW what CPU are you running and speed is your CPU at. Raw core speed is more beneficial to X3:TC than most other mods to the computer. There is a huge difference running 3Ghz or 3.9Ghz, much more so than running a 8800GTX to a 570GTX...

Also got to remember the game is Single Threaded for the most part (only audio is offloaded to a second thread) so having more than 2 cores is irrelevant. It's the singular core speed ;)

It's most likely related to scripts that become resource heavy for a split second.
I don't believe for a minute that any modern CPU would be too slow for the operations that GPR needs to do. Feeding the graphics system is another matter. There's code somewhere which grows exponentially with log size. Nothing can tame that apart from a code edit. I simply wanted it known that slow hardware could most definately be ruled out as the problem here.

jiunejai
x4

Post by jiunejai » Fri, 10. Jun 11, 06:15

Can someone help me?
StormMage Link seems broken and I can only find beta vision in Google Code.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 10. Jun 11, 08:54

jiunejai wrote:Can someone help me?
Link fixed.

LA

jiunejai
x4

Post by jiunejai » Fri, 10. Jun 11, 17:33

Logain Abler wrote:
jiunejai wrote:Can someone help me?
Link fixed.

LA
Thx a lot.

terodil
x4

Re: [Script] Logain Industries Global Production Report v3 - 25/09/2010

Post by terodil » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 16:47

Hi, I'm just wondering if anybody has ever been able to fix the accounting errors in this fundamentally fantastic script. Similar to Ragamer, I'm encountering rather significant errors in the way ware consumption is calculated. The individual stats for each factory seem to be correct, but when the sum is calculated, it is significantly higher than what I get by adding up every individual consumer manually. And similarly to before, only certain goods are affected, currently the bug is keeping me occupied when it comes to BoFu supply. BioGas etc. are not affected. You can somewhat try to circumvent the bug by manually adding up all the numbers, but that kinda defeats the purpose of this script, because you really have to check the detail view of every ware to even figure out if the bug is present or not. I tried digging through the code but couldn't identify where stuff went wrong, partly because the global arrays are a bit obscure for somebody who didn't write the code. So... has anybody managed to fix this? Maybe even Logain himself? (By the way, awesome work. Your scripts have become staple to many of my games and inspiration for my own. Thank you!)
My X3 mods: Ship Autoclaimer - Ship Services - Friendlier War Sectors - in development: Logistics Centre

Tearlow
x3tc

Post by Tearlow » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 09:48

I don't see any working download links, anyone that have this and could upload it by any chance?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 10:31

Available on webarchive.org: Link
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Tearlow
x3tc

Post by Tearlow » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 12:25

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 25. Sep 22, 10:31
Available on webarchive.org: Link
Nice! Thank you very much!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”