Complete List Of XSP Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AkaiRyu

Post by AkaiRyu » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 01:04

Question:

does anyone know how to make the 3 Star Trek Prometheus parts dock together? I have tried following the docking order, looking for a script or and even changing the class, nothing seem to get them to dock into the full Prometheus ship
Akai Ryu

Travbm

Ships invisible

Post by Travbm » Tue, 16. Jun 15, 17:46

Why does all the ships I load look invisible?
and what do I have to do to make them visible?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 16. Jun 15, 17:47

Do you play X3AP? If so, install them to the X3AP and the X3TC directory.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 16:59

So has anyone done any freespace 2 ships yet ?

I know there was a full conversion being worked on a couple of years ago

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 18:18

Lc4Hunter, who worked on the Freespace mod, stopped modding X3 several years ago. While he didn't finish the Freespace mod, he was so nice to provide the models he created as well as the permission to reuse them. The models can be downloaded here (the image links don't work anymore, but the download links should). It still requires some work to bring these ships into the game. But someone with some sparetime and motivation could surely do it.

Apart from that, I'm not aware of any Freespace ships.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 18:52

Ahhhh, bummer then, I wish I had the know how to do it haha

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 19:19

in the plugin manager, install the desired ship's .spk file to the /addon directory and switch directories to the /X3 Terran Conflict directory and add ship again.

(the /addon directory is inside the /X3 Terran Conflict directory (or folder))

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 19:24

I know how to install ships to the game, but if these are just basic models, wont they need working on ? like any texturing... err... turret/missile points, any effects, stats, all that kinda stuff ?

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Wed, 24. Jun 15, 08:01

that would require more, unfortunately more than I know how to do...
most of the .spk ships have been pretty well rendered when I get them in game, there have been notable exceptions (a chrome reflective Shadow Battlecrab?!?)

(otherwise, I'd have the flying Dutchman being the scourge of the space-ways. How does one know the pirates are attacking? because it's a bloody pirate ship)

I just find ones that work (I typically use the cheat menu to spawn it once after install to make sure it shows up properly) I would check with some to the people that have made ships for the game for tips and tricks (there may even be a thread for ship modding/rendering)

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Mon, 13. Jul 15, 20:45

Does anyone have any of the eve online ships that are out there ?

I saw youtube videos from like 2013 of some of the eve ships but havent been able to find them to download :o

Ekabus

Post by Ekabus » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 06:53

Amazing work, beautiful models, i know is a lot of work but you should check out Warhammer 40k ships.

Thanks for your work.

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Thu, 6. Aug 15, 06:48

Ekabus wrote:Amazing work, beautiful models, i know is a lot of work but you should check out Warhammer 40k ships.

Thanks for your work.
check them out were?
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

mr_ripley9

Post by mr_ripley9 » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 16:33

I have a problem, guys. I balanced one of my ships(UNSC Halcyon Light Cruiser) and now it won't show up in-game. I tried using the original one, but it doesn't work either.

Help!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 16:38

Do you have the latest version of the Plugin Manager installed? Cycrow released some updates recently, which also fixed problems with installing XSP ships.

Edit: typo.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sat, 15. Aug 15, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

mr_ripley9

Post by mr_ripley9 » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 17:13

I installed it yesterday.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 17:14

Which game are you running?

mr_ripley9

Post by mr_ripley9 » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 22:50

Albion Prelude

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 01:40

Just a general thought... is there a way of ranking these ships by balance? For example the 'Hulk' TL has the armament of an M1, and the speed of a M5. Oh. And more caring capacity than the Goner Ozias. This is clearly wildly unbalanced but you can't tell 'till you install it. Meanwhile the Firefly TS is...bad. its slow and has a small cargo-bay. Any thoughts?
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

Stucy0071
x3tc

Post by Stucy0071 » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 16:35

Hey fellas! I had a question about some of these ships. Sorry if they've been asked already... But I have some ships with no cockpits, or weapons, mainly no cockpit. I've noticed they do have a script for it, in the Ship Data (in the Ship Creator/Editor that comes with Cycrow's Mod Manager). I've also had some ships drastically drop my frames when in external view, or flying near the ship. For example, a few of the Stargate ships, like the Prometheus(x303), and some Star Wars ships, like the Venator, Interdictor. I'm playing X3AP, and is up to date. I can give more info if needed. Thanks for any help!!

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 20:19

Not all ships are created (read designed and rendered) equally, if the ship has a very high polygon count, could be 1 reason (very detailed usually equals very high number of polygons in the image, similar to very large complexes of stations, requiring longer to "draw" each frame).

Does dialing back the graphics settings help?

large numbers of objects in a given sector will also sometimes cause frame rate issues, like large scale drone/missile battles between fleets of capital class ships (but it was glorious to see, the carnage was unbelievable)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”