[SCRIPT/MOD] Ware Blueprint Manager 2.1 - Blueprint any ware at PHQ, upgrade PHQ

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Sun, 9. May 10, 22:30

Just downloaded the 2.1 @ 10% only version, I did have the previous version installed , this wont cause a problem as I already deployed the PHQ and had it upgraded with your previous version?.

Anyway will find out soon. Thanks for looking after your mod

myshkin
x3tc

Post by myshkin » Mon, 10. May 10, 09:23

@lordmuck

so long as you're upgrading WBM to the same flavour, ie. 10% version to 10% version, it's fine.

You only need to re-upgrade your phq if you're switching flavour, ie 10% version to 10%+50% version. :)

@alemarazza

Could you post some more info about your HQ? When was it originally created, that is, which patch version (2.1 or 2.5 etc)? Also if you could post what blueprints it contains that aren't being carried over with the upgrade? Lastly if you're using any mods that add ship types or alter ship properties, post that too. thanks. :)

oh quick edit, the game language too? i think WBM has only been tested with english.

I'll check if there's any issues with that info, and post a debug version if needed. :)

another quick edit: If anyone else has upgraded their HQ and lost their blueprints in the process, do please post!

alemarazza
x4

Post by alemarazza » Mon, 10. May 10, 16:45

Ok, here some informations on my HQ:

- it was created with version 2.1 of X3TC
- the new HQ did not carry over any of the blueprints (I had about 20 blueprints of various ship types)
- I don't use any mods that changes ship proprietes or add ships
- Maybe the problem is that I have 2 HQ (I purchased one with the mod "The Marauder Shipyard")

Strange is, that the wares carry over correctly, just the blueprints don't.
The first time I install your mod, even before I upgrade the HQ, I don't see any blueprints in your menu in any of my HQ.

I hope this helps

AL

myshkin
x3tc

Post by myshkin » Mon, 10. May 10, 17:21

Ah there's the issue, you have two HQs.

The script commands egosoft provides for blueprints don't let you specify a HQ, they work on the HQ. That's to say, the script commands assume you have only one HQ.

As far as i know, if you do have multiple HQs, the script commands operate on the most recent HQ that you built.

I'm not entirely sure how to work around that, if your newer HQ doesn't contain any blueprints, you can probably just self-destruct it, and then your old HQ becomes the HQ so far as the game is concerned.

Considering that the WBM HQ upgrade command was giving you a new HQ without any blueprints, my guess is that your Marauder Shipyard HQ has no blueprints? In which case i'd recommend the following procedure...

1)self-destruct your marauder shipyard HQ (ensure it's empty etc)
2)run the Upgrade HQ in the WBM menu of your actual PHQ
3)rebuild your marauder shipyard HQ
4)build your upgraded HQ from the delivery orca
5)Restore previous HQ contents in the WBM menu of your upgraded HQ

That should work, because so far as the game thinks, when you upgrade your PHQ it's the only HQ you own (step 2), and when you restore it's contents then it's the newest HQ you've built (step 4).

So just to be clear, when you run Upgrade HQ in WBM, your phq should be the only HQ you own, and when you restore HQ contents in WBM your phq should be the most recent HQ that you've built. You want to build your maurader shipyard inbetween the two events so that if you use the Add Ware... command in WBM, those blueprints are added to your newest HQ, your phq, and not the shipyard.

alemarazza
x4

Post by alemarazza » Mon, 10. May 10, 19:39

Well, I tried to destroy one HQ and upgrade the other, but still no blueprints.

Both HQ have the same blueprints, so I don't think this issue is related to which HQ was first built.

Anyway the ware carry over works as it should, even with two HQ.
I think I will produce the ships I can't buy, then upgrade the HQ and get thoso blueprints again.

Beside this little problem your script is very useful.

If I find a solution I will post it.

Thanks for your work.

AL

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 11. May 10, 16:22

Um, I went to RE-Aran it said 11 hours , can you make this faster and is the build time gonna be 11hrs too? dont want the costs to change just faster times but nothing exaggerated if the aran was set to 6 hours and in ratio to this the other ship timers decreased accordingly could you do this ? say a 50% decrease in build / Re / and the other command to take the materials off the ships (totally forgot the command name).

anyway thanks again for keeping active on your mod

myshkin
x3tc

Post by myshkin » Tue, 11. May 10, 18:58

11 hours to RE an aran sounds about right for the 10% flavour of WBM. Bear in mind the aran is one of the most costly ships in the game, worth around 110m credits?

RE times are based on price as far as i'm aware, the more expensive a ship or ware, the longer it takes to RE/produce. :)

Oh worth mentioning, typically production times are half of RE times, so an 11 hour RE will mean 5.5 hours to produce. One might argue that 5.5 hours to build an enormous Aran is quite reasonable, hehe.

If you really want to drop those times to 5.5 hours RE and 2.75 hours production, go to your x3tc install folder, then edit \types\hq.xml on lines 8 and 19 so that time="10" becomes time="5". That'll reduce all ship and ware RE/production times by half for the 10% flavour of WBM.

alternatively if you only want to halve the times for the aran, i'm pretty sure you only need edit line 33, the gonership line, so that value="16666" becomes value="33333" (that's 33,333 without the comma).

In either case, after editing and saving hq.xml you'll need to perform an in-game HQ upgrade with the WBM menu.
Last edited by myshkin on Tue, 11. May 10, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 11. May 10, 19:27

myshkin wrote:11 hours to RE an aran sounds about right for the 10% flavour of WBM. Bear in mind the aran is one of the most costly ships in the game, worth around 110m credits?

RE times are based on price as far as i'm aware, the more expensive a ship or ware, the longer it takes to RE/produce. :)

Oh worth mentioning, typically production times are half of RE times, so an 11 hour RE will mean 5.5 hours to produce. One might argue that 5.5 hours to build an enormous Aran is quite reasonable, hehe.

Ok fair enough, thanks again. and thanks for the ability to make boarding pods at the PHQ

myshkin
x3tc

Post by myshkin » Tue, 11. May 10, 19:33

lordmuck wrote: Ok fair enough, thanks again. and thanks for the ability to make boarding pods at the PHQ

I edited my post above in case you really need to reduce the times, i'm just wary of making this an unreasonably cheat-ish script. :)

Oh and i agree on the boarding pods thing, the most produced item at my HQ, and it saves sending a TS around the universe scrounging them up, hehe.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 11. May 10, 22:04

I see. No I wouldnt want it to feel cheatish too so I shall leave it as it is. Thanks again

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 12. May 10, 23:54

Dude, I was thinking of creating a complex to support fleet building. As you have decreased times and through some scripts / mods I have a few more of the hard to get ships flying about , which I bailed a Notus Hauler and have Re-ed it the mats to make it are quite reasonable and I wish to use this as a default M3 fighter in my fleet.

Mats :
E-Cell 5025
Teladianum 156
Cloth Rimes 52
Rastar Oil 104
Ore 209
Silicone Wafers 156
Crystals 52
Quantum tubes 52
Microchips 104
Computer Components 52
Credits 1482429

Now going back to the decreased build times and to take advantage of the build times how many stations of final products would be needed, I shall fill in the rest for a closed loop my self, just wondered if you know some formula to this with the decreased times.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Wed, 19. May 10, 21:55

I'm having the same problem as alemarazza
still no blueprints.
it pulled the creds, is it a time thing?

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Sat, 17. Jul 10, 15:10

the link don't work :( :(

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Wed, 6. Oct 10, 15:56

Thanks a ton - this about exactly what I wish was in the game first off!Couple things though - do you think it's possilble for the HQ to produce factories for the re'd wares? it'd be nice to make more than 10 at a time of say, firelances or BPs or something.
Oh yeah, and a no credit version would be great too. I just did a fake patch to my hq.xml (set money to 0 and resources to 400), but it would be a lot better if it was integreated into the spk. I'm still getting into s&m so this is all a little out of my abilities for now.

0o0o0
x3ap

Post by 0o0o0 » Mon, 2. Jul 12, 17:30

Not sure if anyone is still looking at this script but I'm a big fan of it. What I would like to do with it is make the items more expensive (resource wise) after I transfer the blueprints. It seems like a cheat to be able to make PSPs that fast and that cheap.

thanks

MonsterMod
x3tc

Post by MonsterMod » Fri, 9. Nov 12, 05:29

Just tested this mod with AP+XRM and it worked great so far. Worked with multiple headquarters also, so that if I created a blueprint at one HQ, all other HQ's got it as well. I am going to plug this into my freight network and churn out some jumpdrives and things in bulk.

Kinnison
x3ap

Post by Kinnison » Fri, 1. Mar 13, 22:06

MonsterMod wrote:Just tested this mod with AP+XRM and it worked great so far. Worked with multiple headquarters also, so that if I created a blueprint at one HQ, all other HQ's got it as well. I am going to plug this into my freight network and churn out some jumpdrives and things in bulk.
Did you use the 'compatible' version?

matthias8422

Post by matthias8422 » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 21:39

The link for the download seems to be down I am not sure if its down for good or I just happened to try to download it when they are updating their site. does anyone have this uploaded somewhere else. I didn't find it on xdownloads. Thanks.
Last edited by matthias8422 on Wed, 15. Jan 14, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 15. Jan 14, 21:42

Wow, I sure hope it is just temporary.

Xai-Corp.net is a classic X3 site; full of terrific stuff. It would be a shame to lose it.

matthias8422

Post by matthias8422 » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 00:05

The site has now been down for over 24 hours so i think, unless they are doing a major update, that xai-corp is no more. If anyone reads this and has ware blueprint manager please upload it somewhere, or if you know where one is already uploaded please tell me where it is. Thanks[/list]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”