[MOD] Mod "New Horizons" for X3 TC - NHTC v.1.2 [11-17-2010]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 22:35

only the Goners and Terrans have a dedicated M0 which are, the Aran, MRS, Valhalla and the DECA :|

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 09:33

Requiemfang wrote:only the Goners and Terrans have a dedicated M0 which are, the Aran, MRS, Valhalla and the DECA :|
Did you find the new NHTC added sectors? At least without spoiling the game 11 new sectors?

In 5 of them (1 for each race of the Commonwealth), there are M0's and other goodies available in SY & EQD. :)

Zamorra15

Post by Zamorra15 » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 12:00

Phlt wrote:Every race (except Terrans) are selling huge and mighty M0 to players.

You might better jump in your disco and find the SY's where they are available. :wink:
OK, I am very pleased that you have made the NH X3TC mod, thats a very nice work and I hope it goes on. Thanks a Million.

Next time I bring some exact examples about incredeble and superb special ships from the X3R NH mod, which I liked very much.

dont mind

with my regards

Dirk Michael

Zamorra15

Where are those Ships ?

Post by Zamorra15 » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 08:31

OK, I found those Ships from the X3R NH mod incredeble and gorgous:

1.) Fortress 2b M0 improved http://www.3enfamille.net/Mod_Confrerie ... s_M0_l.jpg

2.) Glaive M1 improved
http://www.3enfamille.net/Mod_Confrerie ... e_M2_l.jpg

3.) Destroyer Tsunami M2
http://www.3enfamille.net/Mod_Confrerie ... m_M2_l.jpg

4.) Lance M2 improved
http://www.3enfamille.net/Mod_Confrerie ... e_M1_l.jpg

5.) Anvil M8 improved
http://www.3enfamille.net/Mod_Confrerie ... l_M8_l.jpg

6.) Scabbard TS improved
http://www.3enfamille.net/Mod_Confrerie ... d_TS_l.jpg

yes, nobody has ever made ships compareble, they are superb.

with my regards

Dirk Michael

PS: i have somewhere a descrption to extract ships from X3R and how to put them in X3TC, its complicated but it works.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 08:38

Actually I believe the Glaive and Lance share the same model. Though those two, the Scabbard and the Anvil are very good ships the Hailstorm and the Fortress are a little simplistic for M2 or larger class ships IMO.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Zamorra15

Post by Zamorra15 » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 09:45

TrixX wrote:Actually I believe the Glaive and Lance share the same model. Though those two, the Scabbard and the Anvil are very good ships the Hailstorm and the Fortress are a little simplistic for M2 or larger class ships IMO.
Yes, there could be the opinion that the Haistorm and the Fortress are a little simplistic for X3TC ships, but I belive, I am not the only one who would like to have them in X3TC NH: they look extreme great, they look fearfull and apocalyptic and they have intresting features no other ships have.

with friendly greetings

Dirk Michael

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 23:11

Ok Zamorra15, I get your point now! :)

This is a very good compliment towards Observe and Crip67, who have designed these great ships.

This is also the reason why you were confused with Transcend, as both Mods are using partially same ships. :wink:

There are no plans to include these ships in NHTC. Reason is that every race should have its own full set of new ships.
The ones from NHR were not enough to provide the consistency we are looking for.

If you like the fortress of NHR, please note that there is a huge ship in NHTC able to dock capital ships on top of many others: Mobile Base 3C, available in a secret SY somewhere in the galaxy. :)

wanderer
x3tc

INFOs

Post by wanderer » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 11:14

Well, I tried it with the german 3.0 Version - works well, except my earlier posts about the 49-files.
Also, I use Extended Mod and (because of the wares) - no problem at all.
Update from 2.7.1 to 3.0 also can be done directly through the 3.0-Setup (if you use the upgrade setup!). It only replaces .exe and CAT/DAT 12.
Using it as a fake patch (as I do) made no problems.

Now some questions:
- Can you provide all the new sector coordinates, so people can use other Mods/scripts (eg. RSM) - some of these scripts/MD are using the same sectors.
- are there changes on the types/hq.xm,l ./types/TDocks.txt or ./types/TDocksWrecks.txt? And if yes, what was changed...
(in TDocks i see you implemented the HQs)

In the TDocksT I also wonder, I can see 3 more stations since 2.5 (in the vanilla file):
1;0;0;0;0;SG_DOCK_EQUIP;17091...
1;0;0;0;0;SG_DOCK_TRADE;16981...
1;0;0;0;0;SG_DOCK_EQUIP;16971
can it be, that you missed them?

...and Phlt, about the translations you asked - will do it, have some text already translated, mainly the t-files, what is still in work are the texts for the sectors. Also, I am not so sure, what has to be translatet out-of-the mod itself, I also had a look inside the mov folder. Here I couldn't use the 00044 one - it breaks the speech, and I had some problems.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Re: INFOs

Post by Phlt » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 12:10

First of all, thanks for your interest & useful tips. :)
wanderer wrote: - Can you provide all the new sector coordinates, so people can use other Mods/scripts (eg. RSM) - some of these scripts/MD are using the same sectors.

and Phlt, about the translations you asked - will do it, have some text already translated, mainly the t-files, what is still in work are the texts for the sectors. Also, I am not so sure, what has to be translatet out-of-the mod itself, I also had a look inside the mov folder. Here I couldn't use the 00044 one - it breaks the speech, and I had some problems.
Regarding Dev questions / issues, I'd rather prefer to elaborate with you here, as there might be many spoilers in the reply. :wink:
wanderer wrote: - are there changes on the types/hq.xm,l ./types/TDocks.txt or ./types/TDocksWrecks.txt? And if yes, what was changed...
(in TDocks i see you implemented the HQs)
Change have been made in the following \types\
- Bodies
- Components
- Dummies
- TDocks (Xchange Guild and Yaki HQ)
- TLasers
- TCockpits
- TShips
- Jobs

blackWindow
xr

Post by blackWindow » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 21:15

Thanks for the mod, but I have a problem. I have reinstalled game couple of times now and do exactly like instruction says, but after i paste/unzip nhtc files cycrow's plugin manager thinks I'm using only 2.0 patch and not 2.7 witch i have installed along with bonus pack. Am I doing something wrong?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 21:23

install 2.7.1(3 would be even better) and use plugin manager lite 1.2
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

blackWindow
xr

Post by blackWindow » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 22:00

Thanks for quick response. I've done like you said, but it is still the same.
Here's screenshot. http://yfrog.com/jc72446225p
p.s. I have 2.7.1 installed not 3.0, beacuse i'm having some problem with CAG (commercial agent) in 3.0 version.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 23:11

blackWindow wrote:p.s. I have 2.7.1 installed not 3.0, beacuse i'm having some problem with CAG (commercial agent) in 3.0 version.
You should report those issues in the CAG thread.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 18. Nov 10, 00:51

blackWindow wrote:Thanks for quick response. I've done like you said, but it is still the same.
Here's screenshot. http://yfrog.com/jc72446225p
p.s. I have 2.7.1 installed not 3.0, beacuse i'm having some problem with CAG (commercial agent) in 3.0 version.
Igre ha? :D

remove tc dir from plugin manager, then add it back...
i don't know really...

if that doesn't work, throw it out of the airlock :wink:
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

blackWindow
xr

Post by blackWindow » Thu, 18. Nov 10, 09:01

"Igre" means games in my language :)
Removing and adding back tc dir. doesn't work either.
Looks like airlock it is then. :D
Thanks anyway.

wanderer
x3tc

tested under german enviroment

Post by wanderer » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 10:57

...works well under the german enviroment, also smoth update-replace of the components.

Only had to change the TDocks while using adv.Stations Mod, no problem at all. Also fine new sector station-markings. When playing under german env. you have to extract the t-file '8888-L049' out ot the mod and change its language code to 49.

So far, I used to play in a heavy scripted an modded game - with around 550Stations in complexes, also in the new sectors, and 500Ships. At the moment no problems at all.

A hint - I repacked the mod (while, as above said, changing TDoscks) without compression - seems a little faster now ?

wanderer
x3tc

For Modders when changing parts of NH

Post by wanderer » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 12:10

Well,

here some fact, when you change some scripts, txt, or other files inside the mod:

When I went to 'The Whee' I only saw white Backgrounds.
This was courios.
The thing is, I have to change the typs\TDocks.txt for the Enhanced Equipment Docks. This is easily done, there are only three lines more...
But then I packed the Mod new, with 'deflate, no compression, X3TC' with doubleshadows ModManager 08. And now I got a file ~240MD - Working, but only partly, because , now I only got white backgrounds in the new modsectors!.

I packed it another time with 'check compression filter, X3 TC' - now I got nearly the same size as its original (96MB). And well, it worked.

I tested this behaviour under 2 different games. so, my conclusion - if you ever change something inside, make sure your packing is correct. Without as it seems, X3.exe cannot find these background-files.

Angelina2

New Horizons 1.2 Update for X3TC 3.1

Post by Angelina2 » Thu, 3. Mar 11, 08:56

I rarely browse the forums were it not for egosoft's 3.1 update (yay for final update and TNBT!), but I just had to leave a comment for this mod.

Thank you so much Phlt for posting the NHTC 1.2 English 3.1 update for Nouveaux Horizons here! Until this day, I was looking enviously at the French version of Nouveaux Horizons at the Xchange guild site. The complex cleaner (especially), cockpits and 3.1 compatibility are welcome additions to which I have been looking forward. The added gamestarts are a bonus.

Nouveaux Horizons is my favorite mod with which to replay the original X3 Terran Conflict campaign. And I love the beautiful new sectors and entrancing music! The increased ship variety makes for deeper gameplay, and the larger ship classes a much grander and splendid space opera.

Merci beaucoup Phlt, Nouveaux Horizons modders and the Xchange guild!

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 18:25

Thanks for the update. and what a great mod glad to see your still working on it

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 21:10

The team is glad that you like it! :)

Regarding the update, Angelina2 said it all! :thumb_up:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”