[MOD] Mod "New Horizons" for X3 TC - NHTC v.1.2 [11-17-2010]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 00:37

HI.
I found a Read Text Error in Record Earnings.
In Teladi Space Equip.:
SS_WARE_SW_NEW6
SS_WARE_SW_NEW7
SS_WARE_SW_NEW12
SS_WARE_SW_NEW16.

Fresh install and Mod. No scripts

Can you fix please?

Thanks, and great Mod.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sat, 4. Sep 10, 10:12

jacare wrote:HI.
I found a Read Text Error in Record Earnings.
In Teladi Space Equip.:
SS_WARE_SW_NEW6
SS_WARE_SW_NEW7
SS_WARE_SW_NEW12
SS_WARE_SW_NEW16.

Fresh install and Mod. No scripts

Can you fix please?

Thanks, and great Mod.
You should install Egosoft Bonus Pack and all of those will make sense in your game. :)

These ReadTexts are caused by Community Logistics Software and Turbo Boost not installed in your game as far as I recall.

jacare
x3ap

Post by jacare » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 14:47

Ooops :oops: Sorry.
It´s working.

Another question:
how can I "turn on" the ecliptic projector?

Thanks for help

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 5. Sep 10, 22:03

jacare wrote:Another question:
how can I "turn on" the ecliptic projector?
Ecliptic projector is unfortunately no more active in X3TC.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 11:01

2. Delete all current Mods that you might have installed previously. Mods are very rarely compatible
What about Combat Mod 3 and Unofficial Patch by draffutt ? I'd like to install these as well but I'm afraid to mess up my current game with the installation.
So far I run NH mod on vanilla game with only couple of scripts installed.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 15:36

i get a ctd in win 7 64 using only mars script and your mod, seems to be random chance when finishing a fight mission, so far happened twice wish i could be more specific. great mod by the way

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 22:06

Sorkvild wrote:
2. Delete all current Mods that you might have installed previously. Mods are very rarely compatible
What about Combat Mod 3 and Unofficial Patch by draffutt ? I'd like to install these as well but I'm afraid to mess up my current game with the installation.
So far I run NH mod on vanilla game with only couple of scripts installed.
There are more likely some files to merge to make it work.

nitromethane wrote:i get a ctd in win 7 64 using only mars script and your mod, seems to be random chance when finishing a fight mission, so far happened twice wish i could be more specific.
Which MARS version are you using?

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Wed, 8. Sep 10, 23:04

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 9. Sep 10, 00:28

One more thing. Can I safely add Serial Kicked scripts - Pirate Guild and yaki Armada ?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Thu, 9. Sep 10, 04:45

Sorkvild wrote:One more thing. Can I safely add Serial Kicked scripts - Pirate Guild and yaki Armada ?
I play with these scripts. No problem.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Thu, 9. Sep 10, 22:21

nitromethane wrote:4.92
There is a complementary Mod and a specific TShips included in the MARS script archive, which could impact NHTC Mod.

Best at the moment is to open the MARS .zip and install everything but the \mods\and \types\ directories and it should work fine, without the lastly introduced Drone behaviour.

I will contact Gazz to ask him if he would be fine to publish a MARS version compatible with NHTC.

Previous versions of MARS were 100% compatible btw.

Yacek wrote:
Sorkvild wrote:One more thing. Can I safely add Serial Kicked scripts - Pirate Guild and yaki Armada ?
I play with these scripts. No problem.
Confirmed. :)

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 18:49

Hey guys,

Great mod, about to install it now.
Can I use this with either RRF or ImprovedRaces AI plugins?
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 20:27

Stealth17 wrote: Can I use this with either RRF or ImprovedRaces AI plugins?
Installation instructions

1. First of all, it is recommended to copy your entire X3TC directory as well as your current saves somewhere else, just in case something would go wrong. Remember that your current saves will no longer be compatible with NHTC Mod
Every Modder has to modify some key X3TC files. Every Mod which is using the same files than NHTC is not compatible.

The only way to make it works is to merge the files together.

Regarding Scripts, most of them should be compatible with NHTC. :)

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 00:46

HEy Phlt

I'm missing the 8888 t-file - this seems to be needed for the ship-/sector names. Its inside the *.cat

Could you provide it as a single file - so users can use the mod as well in other languages?

I extracted it with the ModManafer, while I am now playing it under a german installation.

Thanks,

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 23:54

wanderer wrote:Could you provide it as a single file - so users can use the mod as well in other languages?
I can send you the file by MP. :wink:

However, I would be glad if a German speaking guy would be interested to also translate the OP in German for publishing and maintaining the Thread in the German ES Forum.

:)

Zamorra15

I am very pleased

Post by Zamorra15 » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 18:00

about the X3TC New Horizons Mod AND I wonder, why are many of the very nice special Ships from the X3 Reunion New Horizons Mod not implemented ?
Is it planned to put them in later ?

with my regards and thanks a million

Zamorra

sorry, i made a mistake, if possible please move to the X3TC Transcend Mod thread

{:gruebel: Transcend? Seems like horizontal question to me, so I'd rather merge there. jlehtone}

Eversor
x4

Post by Eversor » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 12:33

I've got myself into some difficulty. I installed NH with the cockpits but decided I wanted to play it without the cockpits. I figured I'd just uninstall X3, delete everything that was left and then start again with the non-cockpit version of the mod.

On a fresh install, with no mod added, The launcher now seems jammed on the "New Horizons" modded version, claims it's always version 2.7 too, and the options to start with NH starts are there in game even though the mod isn't installed. Weird.

Can you tell me where else I need to delete stuff in order to get back to vanilla?

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 21:25

Which launcher are you using?

A shortcut you made before desinstalling or the latest one available at X3TC root directory?

Zamorra15

Re: I am very pleased

Post by Zamorra15 » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 08:16

Zamorra15 wrote:about the X3TC New Horizons Mod AND I wonder, why are many of the very nice special Ships from the X3 Reunion New Horizons Mod not implemented ?
Is it planned to put them in later ?

with my regards and thanks a million

Zamorra

sorry, i made a mistake, if possible please move to the X3TC Transcend Mod thread

{:gruebel: Transcend? Seems like horizontal question to me, so I'd rather merge there. jlehtone}

OK, maybe I got a Beer to much,
No, I was talking about New Horizons, I remember incredeble nice big Ships in the old X3 New Horizons Mod - where are these Ships gone ?
maybe I should look for the names and get some examples...

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 21:19

Every race (except Terrans) are selling huge and mighty M0 to players.

You might better jump in your disco and find the SY's where they are available. :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”