X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Killjaeden
x3tc

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 19. Dec 19, 23:49

alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 4. Dec 19, 23:18
MEFOS? CODEO? Mars? working with this mod?
I think there was a compatibility patch for XTC from Lucike for MEFOS and CODEA - idk if it was maintained for the later versions of XTC.

Idk for sure what the situation was with MARS. I know it had an optional t-file or cat file per default shipped with it, which must be deleted. Some also reported that it must be installed on the player ship if it wants to work for other ships. Also that its advisable for Goblins Drones to be restricted to playership only/ disabled
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Iñakifp
x4

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by Iñakifp » Mon, 3. Feb 20, 16:27

I've decided to take back the commands of my ship... Anyone running XTC 2.2 and Scorp's Map??? I read something about the file 7211-L044 but it's offline. Any solution? Thanks!

X3extremer
x3

Post by X3extremer » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 15:25

Good day,

Installed x3 xtc2.2 a couple of months ago and playing it from time to time.

It is still fun a keeps me coming back every now and then.

I use Mars Skript for turrets and the xtra ships package from gadius. Great ships!
Only miss the cockpits - dont find a mod which is working with xtc.

Most annoiyng thing is the total lack of xenon.
Khaak i Only found one abadoned ship (m4)

I Do have a couple of m7 frigates and can only fight pitates

Cheers

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 7. Feb 20, 16:31

X3extremer wrote:
Fri, 7. Feb 20, 15:25
Good day,

Installed x3 xtc2.2 a couple of months ago and playing it from time to time.

It is still fun a keeps me coming back every now and then.

I use Mars Skript for turrets and the xtra ships package from gadius. Great ships!
Only miss the cockpits - dont find a mod which is working with xtc.

Most annoiyng thing is the total lack of xenon.
Khaak i Only found one abadoned ship (m4)

I Do have a couple of m7 frigates and can only fight pitates

Cheers
How much time has passed in your game? Is the map opened up fully? In my game there are lots of Xenon and the Khaak are actually a rather large problem in the bottom right of the map and they keep blowing things up in Teladi space.
For Xenon keep checking the news system, the articles that talk about the races forming a fleet to attack the xenon are events that actually happen.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 9. Feb 20, 00:52

Due to X3extremers comment I had a look for info about xenon and khaak in xtc, while there are quite a few xenon in my game i have noticed that they arnt expanding, they are just marauding specific sectors.

I found this info, is this still relevant? If it is I'll get the info onto the nexus site at least so more players will find it, would be amazing if someone that knows about scripting could do something about the cheat code not working? or perhaps it could be added as an AL option or something easier to use?

It would also be great to understand the plot protection more, which plot do i need to do for it to turn off for example?
Its 2016 already but I'm still playing X3TC with the Xtended mod, however I'm having an issue with version 2.2 regarding the 'plot protection'.
Basically back in version 2.0 you had Xenon and Khaak who were very active and were real threats to you since they were conquering a lot of sectors if you never stopped them from progressing, this gave the game a real purpose and also made it thrilling to fight these enemies and stop them from advancing, it was your task to keep the universe in balance and not let it spiral out of control.
However in v2.1 and v2.2 they implemented a 'plot protection' system that completely destroys these enemies from ever spawning in or conquering a ton of sectors, which effectively castrated the Xenon/Khaak so much they become extinct and the game feels really dull and boring without these threatening enemies.

So I tried that cheat script code (plugin.XTC.Cheat.ChangePlotProtection) that came included with v2.2 to 'disable plot protection', however I find that it doesn't work properly because you have to run it manually every single time you load any save-game or else it has no effect, meaning if you do load a save-game the 'plot protection' is active for a short period of time and it always deleted all Xenon/Khaak in any sectors that fall under this 'plot protection'.

So since the only tool provided to us to disable this plot protection wasn't even working properly, I decided to look further and see if I could find a way to permanently disable or delete this 'plot protection' myself, and found it I did.
If you want to do this yourself for your game as well then do the following steps:
-Enable the 'script editor' ingame by changing your name to "Thereshallbewings", a new command prompt will appear in Advanced->Global Commands->Script editor.
-Open the Scrit Editor ingame and search for the folloing 4 scripts and delete them (DEL key):
*plugin.XTC.Lib.PlotProtectedSectors.xml
*plugin.XTC.Lib.PlotProtectCheck.xml
*plugin.XTC.Lib.EnforcePlotProtect.xml
*plugin.XTC.Cheat.ChangePlotProtection

(You can do this at any point in your game by the way.)

Now the 'plot protection' is gone for good, Xenon and Khaak will be fully active, they send invasion fleets and take over any sectors in their destructive path, however certain mission plots might get broken because of this, but I personally rather have an engaging game with real threatening enemies as opposed to a dull and boring game.

It took me a long time to figure this out but since I still love playing this game with this mod I thought it would be wise to leave a post about this issue here in case others need it as well.
So have fun fighting the Xenon/Khaak again!
Put quite a lot of hours into my XTC game, it's frustrating that I missed this if its true :D

DarkPrince2008

Post by DarkPrince2008 » Fri, 13. Mar 20, 04:35

I know this is probably an old topic but is this mod complete enough for the custom start to work correctly? Because thus far when I start a custom game I'm stuck in the same sector and no matter how long I wait up to an hour real time nothing actually happens and I still cannot leave the first sector. I can cheat the map to reveal the other sectors then I can play as normal except no ways to buy factories or anything

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 13. Mar 20, 18:18

DarkPrince2008 wrote:
Fri, 13. Mar 20, 04:35
I know this is probably an old topic but is this mod complete enough for the custom start to work correctly? Because thus far when I start a custom game I'm stuck in the same sector and no matter how long I wait up to an hour real time nothing actually happens and I still cannot leave the first sector. I can cheat the map to reveal the other sectors then I can play as normal except no ways to buy factories or anything
I think custom start is actually not supposed to be used (this is true in vanilla too), it disables some things I think. As for the map expansion you can actually just turn it off in the mods settings and the whole map will be opened. I recommend against that though, the expansion is a really cool feature once you get over the initial limitation. I personally speed up the expansion by 100% and for me thats fine, I have a game where i''ve played for maybe 30 hours and the whole map is revealed.

DarkPrince2008

Post by DarkPrince2008 » Sat, 14. Mar 20, 04:42

Yea it would make sense if the custom start wasn't supposed to be used. And yea the expansion part of it seems kinda cool sounding

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Thu, 14. May 20, 19:15

Which ways to acquire a jumpdrive still exist on X-treme difficulty? Obviously, they are removed from equipment docks and the like and as far as I can tell, ships that come pre-equipped with a jumpdrive are no longer sold either.

Can you only hope that a bailed or boarded ship is equipped with one? Or do UTs still buy their own? And are there any other options I missed?

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 15. May 20, 23:38

shameless creature wrote:
Thu, 14. May 20, 19:15
Which ways to acquire a jumpdrive still exist on X-treme difficulty? Obviously, they are removed from equipment docks and the like and as far as I can tell, ships that come pre-equipped with a jumpdrive are no longer sold either.

Can you only hope that a bailed or boarded ship is equipped with one? Or do UTs still buy their own? And are there any other options I missed?
I never played X-treme, so cant remember quite well. But yes, bailed/boarded ships would be the only option i can think off, but it may be extremely unlikely to appear (i dont remember finding one in my pirate plays where i exclusively tried to use 'liberated' software and wares - but i could be mistaken). It may even be deliberately removed from the loot table in x-treme setting, i'm not sure.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sun, 17. May 20, 11:07

I've been doing a bit of boarding (and save scumming) and 9 out of 10 times, bailed or boarded ships are completely stripped of any weapons, shields or ship extensions. So the chance that a (transferable) jumpdrive in particular drops is probably 1 in 100 or worse even if it wasn't removed from the loot table.

On the other hand, built-in components including jumpdrives always drop, so certain ships (M1, M2, TL, AP Gunner...) are guaranteed to have a non-transferable jumpdrive.

Saeldanya

Post by Saeldanya » Wed, 20. May 20, 10:30

I'd like to report a variety of issues with the AP version of Xtended - the complete package from Nexusmods, which I believe was uploaded in late 2019. Thanks to the person who uploaded it, I don't think there's anything wrong with the download. I believe Xtended for AP is just broken in some ways. Anyone reading this who wants to play the Mod: go with the TC version.

All of these were encountered with the 'Beyond the Frontier' Terran trader start.

1) It wasn't possible to build any Terran stations using a rented TL. TLs of non-Terran races refuse to dock at the Terran shipyard. A Redditor confirmed this with the TC version of Xtended as well, though he was able to dock at the Terran shipyard with the Goner Ozias found in the same system. I wasn't able to rent the Goner Ozias due to the -1 starting reputation with Goners, and inability to raise that reputation (see below).

2) Any attempt to raise Aldrin or Goner reputation results in a 'reset' of Terran reputation to 1. This was particularly frustrating whenever one of my automated traders was selling food in Aldrin space and I wasn't paying attention. I'd get the 'you have gained recognition' voice notification, which meant that my Terron rep went from 7 something back to 1.

3) The Katana (Terran M6) was just fundamentally broken, as in, it couldn't be steered. Any attempt to turn left or right resulted in the ship rolling instead, making it impossible to navigate. I wasn't controlling a turret instead of the ship. A Redditor did not encounter this issue with the TC version of Xtended.

4) All Paranid stations were hostile (red) from the beginning, and would not revert back to green after raising Paranid reputation from -3 (starting value) to +3. Other players on Reddit told me they never encountered hostile stations when starting with a -3 reputation to a race.

5) The Split plot never started even though I met the prerequisites I found listed online (sectors visited and Split reputation). The Argon Leviathan plot started and seemed to progress normally. The Boron plot (Enemy at the Gates) sort of started (the book symbol showed up) and I was able to progress through the initial mission steps. However, it didn't continue after the early events involving the Freestation in Sector 404. It also never showed up in the Mod's own mission logbook, it only showed in the standard missions tab (the top icon on the left side of the screen). I wasn't able to test the Paranid plot due to my hostile station issues, and didn't have the pirate rep for the pirate plot.

I know the mod development has stopped, but maybe this helps someone else who considered picking up the AP version of Xtended.

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Thu, 21. May 20, 02:28

Hi from Reddit. :)
I just checked out the Katana and can confirm this, its controls are completely broken. Unlike other M6 I have flown so far.

iHaku
x4

Post by iHaku » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 10:07

ignore this post im dumb lol
Last edited by iHaku on Sat, 13. Jun 20, 17:34, edited 2 times in total.

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 17:12

The HullD and ShieldD figures are damage per second.

iHaku
x4

Post by iHaku » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 17:33

shameless creature wrote:
Sat, 13. Jun 20, 17:12
The HullD and ShieldD figures are damage per second.
oh damn. started looking at the bullet data, you're right, im an idiot :lol:

iHaku
x4

Post by iHaku » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 22:06

Since I'm terrible at comparing ships and weapons ingame and because i replay XTC regularely, I decided to make a neatly sorted spreadsheet for different ship classes and weapons. I'm aware that an official 2.0 Sheet already exists but it obviously doesnt have X-tra ship data and isnt very... "sortable" if that makes sense

This way i can see certain things very easily like "what m2 destroyer can mount the most lasers?" "what is the fastest M5 to explore?" "Whats the fastest Jumprive (M) ship?" and other questions, are now quite easily to answer for me, while also allowing a direct comparison between ships of the same class.

Note that i do not distinguish between things like M2 and M2+ but purely by ingame defined classes.

What this list doesnt tell you:
"What lasers can a ship mount? in what turret? How many turrets does a ship have, how are they oriented and what lasers are in them?"
"How much does each ship Cost?"
"Whats its yaw/pitch/roll speed?"
"Do medium ships fit into the Hangar?"

This List is based on XTC 2.2a + Cadius' X-Tra Ship pack

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

if anyone wants to make a suggestion, feel free to ping me on the egosoft discord

Xaritscin

Post by Xaritscin » Fri, 11. Sep 20, 03:53

i downloaded this mod for AP and it has been quite enjoyable to the point i kind of want to contribute to fix some of the errors i found on the prototype. need a lead on what would be the best tools to edit the mod files, i've tried my hand at modding in other games but have never touched that on X3 so im kind of a noob at it.

the current goals so far are:

1. fix some NPCs not activating their voicelines when interacted with (happends frequently when picking a mission)
2. fix the reputation reduction on some races (Terrans are the main example of this issue)
3. fix an error in the launcher where the "View Distance" options has its title shown as an error value
4. fix the Katana controls
5. the Terran station build issue when using rented TLs
6. fix Split plot never starting

im trying to study how to edit those so perhaps in the future i may be able to take on what was left off. not saying i have a lot of free time but i could contribute during the weekends and maybe after work. thanks in advance

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 00:06

The go-to tool for editing files in the game would be "X3 Editor 2". Though it's not suited for touching mission-related xml-files, but those can be opened in any old text editor.

Xaritscin

Post by Xaritscin » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 01:06

Herman2000 wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 00:06
The go-to tool for editing files in the game would be "X3 Editor 2". Though it's not suited for touching mission-related xml-files, but those can be opened in any old text editor.
that seems to be the case, i downloaded both X3 Editor2 and X Studio just in case. already unpacked the Cats from my Xtended download and currently trying to figure out how were the ships added in the TShips file. from what i read each fake patch sits over the original files at least hierarchy wise so im trying to understand how did the Xtended devs organize the TShips file so i can updated based on Albion Prelude IDs.

i was originally just going to edit the cats from the TC folder directly but after thinking about it it seems im gonna have to port the whole mod to Albion Prelude so it can be compatible with the expansion ships and other functionalities so thats the new direction. plan so far is:

1. find which files on the XTC Cats are compatible with AP
2. find which files on the XTC Cats require a major reorganization in order to work with AP ID lists (already trying for ships since they are the most important element but im sure Stations and Weapons also need a look)
3. make a new set of Cats from that change that can be put in the AP folder directly
4. check if the Scripts work or if they require adjustments based on the new Cats
5. see if the bugs found on the latest comments of the thread can be sorted out while working on this port

i have already made a list of the IDs on AP TShips, now need to make a List of all the ships added on Xtended that arent a mirror of the expansion ships (Factory Ships for example), i also want to take a look on the way the file is written but the text editor version is so massive im not sure what im looking at.

UPDATE:

i finished writting a series of lists files of all the ships with their IDs on AP, Xtended and even Cadius Xtra Ship Pack. now im trying to check the TShips files directly to understand which line is which ship and how they are implemented (file is too bloated and too unorganized, i thought they would be organized by ID in the .txt as they appear on editor but anyways). the objective is to take the Xtended TShips file as base (due to the way its organized) then edit the entries so they match their AP counterparts (as some of them were later introduced in the expansion, EX: Pteranodon, Mammoth, Phoenix, etc..), there's a lot of overlapping between the vanilla game and the 2 mods so i'll have to do some renaming in the case of some ships (for those cases where the mod added extra ships that have their own models but have the same name as pre-existing ships, EX: Falchion line of ships implemented in Xtended, Xtra implementes another Falchion strike bomber).

general logic of the procedure is that outside of ships there's not much critical content edited by Xtended that will crash the game (weapons and stations should behave correctly, just need to edit them to have certain ships avaliable but that's not important atm). and if the fork of Xtended TC + Xtra Ships pack i downloaded is right, then the bonus ships should also be compatible for porting them into the new TShips file.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”