[PROGRAM] X-Studio Script Editor [v1.08 : 14th Feb 14]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hector0x
x3tc

Re: [PROGRAM] X-Studio Script Editor [v1.08 : 14th Feb 14]

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 2. Jan 23, 15:44

i've been using your X-Studio for 2 years now. As a complete beginner it helped me greatly to dive deep into extensive modding projects. So huge thanks for this!

The only issue which comes to mind is that the external script dependency search somehow never yielded any results for me. I couldn't examine which scripts call for a specific script. It doesn't seem like a file access problem since the program got Admin rights. In the end i just substituted this missing feature with Notepad+ and this works for me.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 12. Jan 23, 23:19

mr.bear wrote:
Mon, 2. Jan 23, 01:53
Hello everyone,

I hope everybody is well.

I haven't been on this forum for a long long time.

I've been wondering lately if anybody still uses this software that I wrote, X-Studio or X-Studio II?

I realize I haven't released any updates for nearly 10 years.. *awkward cough*
and Egosoft have even released several games over that period :oops:

I don't actually game much anymore but I realized I should be putting some effort into keeping this software up-to-date for all of you folks who are using it for developing your mods.

I'd like to get a sense of
  • a) how many people still use this software?
  • b) what are the known bugs?
  • c) what are you feature requests?
Thanks & Happy New Year!
Still use your software, mainly to make some personal LU mods.
The only issue I've noticed is that the program hangs once in a blue moon when I try to close it, but I don't know if that's caused by the program itself or some issue with my computer.

As for feature requests, changing font size would be nice. My middle aged eyes have started to struggle a bit with the font, so if it's at all possible to make it bigger that would be nice.
Also, since I'm a greenhorn when it comes to modding, and read the command descriptions constantly to find out what the command actually does, having a way to read the command descriptions without having to hover the cursor over the command and then move it every 10 seconds because it disappears would be really helpful.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 13:26

As for feature requests, changing font size would be nice.
https://i.imgur.com/7zHomyy.jpg

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 19:11

I also use this software anytime I play X3AP and want to tweak things. only current issue is trying to locate the info needed to correctly identify Litcube / Mayhem Zerohour commands.
Since there are unrecognized commands showing.

I also use X3 Editor 2, until I can find a better program.
I haven't looked at XStudio2 yet.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 15:32

Updating for the X3FL could be useful to get more people to starting modding in FL

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 17:07

Another request. In the script editor can't type text in languages other than English. It would be good to fix this.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 11:29

Another suggestion. Provide optional removal of comments from text XML. It is not always necessary to remove them. In most cases, they should remain. For example, settings files for the Mayhem mod.

It would not be bad if the page id and ID were automatically sorted from descending to ascending when the document was opened.
It seems that in the PAGE column it is displayed that way, but the document is saved from larger to smaller by Page ID.

page id="380017" in the editor displays as 17. I think this is also not very convenient. It would be better displayed as in the document.

I think because of this sorting is lame and saves from larger to smaller. :gruebel: :?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 12. Feb 23, 21:58

Hi Bear,
nice to see you :). And nice there is still activity on the game after such a long time. I also gotten back into playing and modding X3. I still play Terran Confilct. Mostly because I made my own mod list here on my hd. I put a lot of work into those mods, and porting them to AP or any other version would cost me probably quite an effort. I am using X-Studio just now. In fact, I wanted to report some bug I stumbled upon and checked the thread. I am not sure whether to post the bug report here or you got a GitHub repository. Anyway.

Game version: X3 Terran Conflict v3.4

I was having trouble with a random number, so I did a test:

Code: Select all

$pageId = 8510
$scriptName = get script name
$scriptName = '(' + $scriptName + ') '
$nr = 200
while $nr
$ra = random value between 0 and 10
$ra2 = random value from zero to 10
write to log file $pageId append=[TRUE] printf: fmt='%s    %s    %s', $scriptName, $ra, $ra2, null, null
dec $nr
end
$nr = 200
$val1 = 0
$val2 = 10
write to log file $pageId append=[TRUE] printf: fmt='', null, null, null, null, null
while $nr
$ra = random value between $val1 and $val2
$ra2 = random value from zero to $val2
write to log file $pageId append=[TRUE] printf: fmt='%s    %s    %s', $scriptName, $ra, $ra2, null, null
dec $nr
end
Result:
Both $ra and $ra2 will have values 0 to 10 in the first loop
Both $ra and $ra2 will have values 0 to 9 in the second loop

This should not be possible, as the variable $val2 has the value 10.
Regards

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 15:08

For a future version - probably in error...

The program deletes the PAGE ID if the document is of this format:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<language id="7">

<page id="3950" title="IPX Missions" descr="IPX Mission texts" voice="no">
  <t id="10000"></t>
</page>

<page id="303950" title="IPX Missions" descr="IPX Mission texts" voice="no">
  <t id="10000"></t>
</page>

<page id="353950" title="IPX Missions" descr="IPX Mission texts" voice="no">
  <t id="10000"></t>
</page>

</language>
I can't say exactly what these sections are for, but the program perceives them as just 3950 without paying attention to the fact that the Page Id is still different, and removes them.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 20:20

The actual page id only has four digits, in your example 3950. The two digits infront specify the game, the text was added with: 30 - X3R, 35 - X3TC (also 38 - X3AP, 39 - X3FL). If you have identical text ids on page ids from different games, only the text id from the current (or highest) game is loaded. In your example 353950.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 14:15

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 12. Mar 23, 20:20
The actual page id only has four digits, in your example 3950. The two digits infront specify the game, the text was added with: 30 - X3R, 35 - X3TC (also 38 - X3AP, 39 - X3FL). If you have identical text ids on page ids from different games, only the text id from the current (or highest) game is loaded. In your example 353950.
Thanks for the clarification. But for example I want to edit 0001.xml, but I can't do it because the program deletes everything that it considers unnecessary, which is not convenient. I can not open the document and normally work with it.

How do I work with the document? First do for Terran Conflict, then manually in a text editor to make copies of 35 -30 - 38 ? This is a bit strange.

I think the text should remain as I opened it. Or make some kind of options for that.
For example:
Display text for the current game.
2) Display the original text of the opened document - unchanged.

If there is an editor in the program, I should be able to open the document in it without restriction.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”