[SCRIPT] X3 TC / AP / XRM / XTC Universe Colored Map Version 3.1 dd 17-dec-2013

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 12:27

thnks, will look into it tonight and fix both. Also thanks for the recommendation, appreciate it.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 10:19

Couple more issues I spotted...

A few sectors have their first letter outside of the colour tags, e.g. for Kingdom End, the "K" is still grey.

Also, it seems to break the new search by sector name in AP. I imagine that is because the start of the name is the colour code rather than the first letter. Not sure what you can do about this...

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 13:40

Hi Paul,

I am aware of these two issues and they are also stated on my first post :

quote :

90% of the maps show the full color, some sectors (mostly with Shipyards in it) have the first letter uncolored. The reason for this is so you can navigate on the first letter of those sectors.

quote :

X3 AP has implemented a search method which allow you to search by typing in letters in a box. This wont work with this script, it doesnt regnonice colored sectornames. You can only search jump with the uncolored letters and then click through to the sector you need as above described for X3 TC.

Edit : or you can use the arrow keys instead of clicking through

btw : i re-downloaded the 1.16 Part 2 XRM version (zipped) and tried to find that Hub sector entry 1020914 you mentioned you added in yr t file but i still couldnt find it. Can you pls verify for me that you added it to the 1.16 update.

last entries to page id 7 of yr 7027-L044.xml textfile :

<t id="1021719">{7,1020000} 18 - 16</t>
<t id="1023008">Spires of Illusion</t>
<t id="1021924"> </t>

I fixed Elysium of Light and it will be in the next update. i am waiting with the uploading untill i have updated the XRM t-file.

qwizzie

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 13:52

may I make a suggestion, how about instead colouring the sector name you put something at the like (X) and make the item in the brackets the coloured item, that way the search function will still work...
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 14:21

to garrry34

i have a feeling it will then not look as good in the galaxymap as it does right now and it would change how it appears in yr owned property part.

When i noticed how X3 AP changed the search way inside the galaxymap i tried uncoloring all first letters. It works for seaching through the sectors but in the property owned part and in the galaxy map i found it looking less appealing and i'm affraid yr approach will have the same effect.

What i can recommend is using script as follows

X3 AP :

When yr searching on the uncolored first letter of sectors and then trying to search further .. using the <- arrow will get you out of the text field and then using the arrow keys / or just clicking on sectors can get you to yr sector of choice.

X3 TC : When yr searching on the uncolored first letter of sectors and then trying to search further .. using the arrow keys or just clicking on sectors can get you to yr sector of choice.

qwizzie

EDIT : The colored maps for TC & AP & XRM consists of 21 sectors that can be selected due to uncolored first letter.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 16:06

qwizzie wrote:Hi Paul,

I am aware of these two issues and they are also stated on my first post :

quote :

90% of the maps show the full color, some sectors (mostly with Shipyards in it) have the first letter uncolored. The reason for this is so you can navigate on the first letter of those sectors.

quote :

X3 AP has implemented a search method which allow you to search by typing in letters in a box. This wont work with this script, it doesnt regnonice colored sectornames. You can only search jump with the uncolored letters and then click through to the sector you need as above described for X3 TC.

Edit : or you can use the arrow keys instead of clicking through

btw : i re-downloaded the 1.16 Part 2 XRM version (zipped) and tried to find that Hub sector entry 1020914 you mentioned you added in yr t file but i still couldnt find it. Can you pls verify for me that you added it to the 1.16 update.

last entries to page id 7 of yr 7027-L044.xml textfile :

<t id="1021719">{7,1020000} 18 - 16</t>
<t id="1023008">Spires of Illusion</t>
<t id="1021924"> </t>

I fixed Elysium of Light and it will be in the next update. i am waiting with the uploading untill i have updated the XRM t-file.

qwizzie

That'll teach me for not RTFM! :D

(and the number of times it annoys me when people don't read the OP properly in my thread.... sorry! :wink: )

As for the hub sector entry - I'm pretty sure its there. But don't worry, its definitely in 1.17 and no one can access it yet anyway.

As for the search thing... I don't suppose the colour codes work with the colour tags instead (e.g. [red]sector name[/red] - it works in scripts)? That might fix the search issue.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 19:00

:) @ That'll teach me for not RTFM!

I have done some testing and only the colortags i'm using at the moment
in the textfile seems to get the colors working in the universe map.

I also tried to see if the search text field in X3 AP would accept a \033 search but it doesnt even regnonice the \ key (it keeps coming up with the [ key when i press the \ key on my Logitech G11 keyboard :?)

Anyways, i will await your 1.17 update and then do some updating / uploading.

Thanks for replying.

qwizzie

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 03:54

I've been thinking. Maybe just leave the first letter of every sector uncolored. So we can still use shortcut to search sector name?

Because I recall there was a sector color name mod about a year ago. And they left the first letter uncolored so you can still search for it.

Gonna check if I still have that mod somewhere in my HDD. And report back with solutions.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 12:30

I've been thinking. Maybe just leave the first letter of every sector uncolored. So we can still use shortcut to search sector name?
see my earlier remark to garry34:
When i noticed how X3 AP changed the search way inside the galaxymap i tried uncoloring all first letters. It works for seaching through the sectors but in the property owned part and in the galaxy map i found it looking less appealing
EDIT : i will be doing an update soon that will bring all versions to 2.1
it will fix Elysium of Light (making it blue) and it will update XRM Universe Colored Map as well.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 22:15

Updated all 3 maps to update 2.1
See first post which now has new download links.

change : Elysium of Light changed from no color to blue color in all three maps and updated X3 AP/XRM Universe Color Map to latest X3 AP+XRM 1.17b

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Sun, 13. May 12, 02:21

Does this work with AP 2.0 and XRM v1.20d

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sun, 13. May 12, 10:21

to AP 2.0 : yes it works
to XRM 1.20d : depends if significant changes were made in XRM's textfile 7027-L044 between version 1.17b and 1.20d .. to be honest i dont think
much has changed in that file but if it has i am willing to update it for this script.

El_Coronel
x3tc

Post by El_Coronel » Fri, 18. May 12, 18:42

I see this works for AP+XRM, but does this also work for TC+XRM? I wasn't sure.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sat, 19. May 12, 13:51

it will now :)

Added Universe Colored Map 3.0 for TC (3.2) + XRM (1.21)
Updated all other Universe Colored Maps to 3.0

This means :

- compatable with TC 3.2
- compatable with AP 2.0
- compatable with latest XRM (1.21) for both TC & AP

Download at my skydrive site : https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=fae3da27 ... F440%21105

To avoid future questions : it will be compatable with XRM future
updates as long as XRM's textfile 7027-L044.xml is not updated.
Last update of XRM textfile 7027-L044.xml for both TC & AP is 20-04-2012

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Sat, 19. May 12, 19:29

qwizzie, awesome mod, I started using it and can't imagine how I lived without it before. Universe Map is shining with colors :)

You may find following useful:
For my personal uses I modified your great script leaving first 2 letters in all sector names uncolored. This still looks great on the map and as an added bonus allows AP search by name.
In most cases typing first two letters gives reasonably short list of matches :)

I can send you edited t file if you'd like. Thanks!
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sat, 19. May 12, 21:32

Thanks for your reply Charon_A, always nice to hear someone liking
yr script or mod :)

Also thanks for your offer of sending me an edited t file with two letters uncolored but i decided some time ago to go a certain direction with this script (which by the way has come pretty much at an end right now).

qwizzie

El_Coronel
x3tc

Post by El_Coronel » Sun, 20. May 12, 00:36

Thank you! Will download and try it out tomorrow, but I reckon it'll help me out a lot. Cheers!

Oji
x3tc

Post by Oji » Sat, 15. Sep 12, 13:54

Dang it breaks MK3 trading log plugin - extra character in sector names prevent xorrect xml parsing :(

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=250661

grayx

Post by grayx » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 22:46

Very nice, useful and unintrusive mod. Thanks:)

I have a problem though. How to enable search option in AP (using AP+XRM)?
I see Charon_A is mentioning some changes in your script, where can it be downloaded or what to change? I'm not a modder, but I will try:)

I don't understand why something like this nice mod/script isn't in vanilla AP, it's way more intuitive to use (tho, colors could be as shades of some particular one if devs don't want too "colorful" GUI...)

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 22:51

hi grayx, i'm glad you like this mod. With regards to yr question i can only point to the following :

X3 AP users

X3 AP has implemented a search method which allow you to search by typing in letters in a box. This wont work with this script, it does not regnonice colored sectornames. You can only search jump with the uncolored letters and then click through to the sector you need as above described for X3 TC.

tip : pressing <-- arrow will get you out of the text field of the universemap, pressing one of the arrow keys again let you navigate further in the universemap.

- old navigaton with seaching via keyboard on first letter wont work for most sectors now .. it will only work on those sectors with shipyards in them (and then use mouse or left/right key to go to yr destination).
You will see that those sectors have an uncolored first sector letter.
- missions wont show the sector colored in orange anymore in yr universemap unless it happen to be in one of those sector with shipyards

edit : you can pm the person who made changes to this mod maybe directly
and get the changed files from him. I dont plan on changing anything on this mod anymore.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”