[SCR] Smart Turrets v4.7.2 (AP, 05-04-14), v2.6 (TC, 21-08-13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RayF

Post by RayF » Tue, 24. Feb 15, 21:06

Will try that!!!
one more,
how about the main guns?
will this "Wing Command Console, Combat -> Smart -> Broadcast Command -> Smart Capture / Scope Wing" take care of the main guns ans set to capture?? (smart is enabled on main guns too in every ship)

thanks for the superfast reply!!!!!!

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Tue, 24. Feb 15, 21:13

Smart's main guns command only switches lasers, it doesn't fire them itself. The firing is done by the ship's command script (fly straight at them firing guns, fly away, repeat).

The ships commands are not part of Smart and won't coordinate their damage output with Smart Turrets commands. How well the ships will coordinate with each other I can't say, never looked at this wing shield attack script.

For info Smart uses a cache stored on the target ship used to record every shot fired by Smart along with an estimated bullet useful lifetime. This is used to estimate the amount of hull and shield damage 'in flight', and Smart Turrets on all attacking ships coordinate using the same cache and fine tune their damage output (selected laser, number of guns fired) to avoid impacting the hull.

I doubt stock scripts will do anything as sophisticated. They probably just stop firing when shields are 0%, ignoring how many bullets are in flight.

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 19:31

Shimrod, thank you very much for this script!!! Briliant work!

Just tested Smart 4.7.2 in X3:AP 3.1 - It is one of the best scripts I ever met. And I met and tested about 100 scripts in all X2-X3-games.
This one has no glicthes, no troubles, no questions, including all functions I could imagine for turrets use - Just put all other turret-scripts on their knees!

The only thing I dream for the complete X3 combat package - is a friendship of Smart turrets with Weapon loadout hotkey-function. At this moment I use Bombardier, but it can not save smart turrets in configurations (I know that its a bombardier's issue).
So when I need to use some individual type of weapon in particular turret - I switch to this config with hotkey and have to manualy choose Smart Turret Custom Order for my turrets.
At least it would be good if Smart turrets Custom command could be activated by one hotkey.

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 21:08

Thanks, it certainly gives MARS a run for its money.

I haven't tried Bombardier before, sounds odd that it can't save turret loadouts with Smart, especially if laser switching is disabled on the active Smart command.

You can disable laser switching on all of the Smart configurations via Combat -> Smart -> Turret Command Profiles. This is probably the best option if manually switching weapon configs.

There is a hotkey for cycling between Smart commands. You could also customize all turret command profiles to do exactly the same thing, so the hotkey always produces a predictable configuration. However the hotkey only affects turrets with Smart already enabled on them.

Sounds like what you need is a set of hotkeys for applying Smart <cmd> to all turrets on the playership. Assuming disabling laser switching on all profiles doesn't resolve the bombardier problem.

Actually there's an argument to say that would be best done as a standalone script. A single setup script which tests for presence of MARS, Smart, vanilla scripts and registers hotkeys accordingly. Should be straightforward to code that.

However I'm unlikely to be doing any development on this in the near term, particularly not now that Homeworld Remastered has been released!

redagent

Post by redagent » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 16:59

Shimrod wrote:I haven't tried Bombardier before, sounds odd that it can't save turret loadouts with Smart, especially if laser switching is disabled on the active Smart command.

Bombardier CAN save any LOADOUTS. And it CAN save turret COMMANDS only which it KNOWS or "none" commands. So it can save vanilla commands or the one modified - vudu.turret.attack.my.target (Link to russia/direct download), which I used for ages.

If you trying to save any other commands - you will have "none" commands, when load this profile. I have tested it with MARS and Smart Turrets. Thats why I need hotkey to activate Smart Turrets.

So I could load desired Bombardier profile, then turn on the Smart for all turrets with hotkey, and then cycle Smart commands if needed.
The point is to start with Custom command set to "No Switching Lasers" and then proceed to "switching lasers" Smart configurations if needed.

At present after swithing loadouts I have to make a lot of actions: "open ship command console LIST to turret control - enter - LIST to Smart commands - find Smart Custom (without switching lasers) - enter." Two key-pressing and two listing actions. Too much during the fight.
Shimrod wrote: You can disable laser switching on all of the Smart configurations via Combat -> Smart -> Turret Command Profiles. This is probably the best option if manually switching weapon configs.

Yes it could be a decision - but only if I save all bombardiers profiles with NONE command for ALL turrets. Then activate Smart Turrets to Custom or w/o switching lasers. After that I can switch to any loadout without loosing Smart in turrets.

Actually I like Smart switching - it is perfect. But sometimes I need specific loadout. Mostly for concentrated fire from capital big guns with turret set to command "My target only" and forecasting tracking of this target. It vastly helps to kill enemy capital ships faster.
Shimrod wrote:There is a hotkey for cycling between Smart commands. You could also customize all turret command profiles to do exactly the same thing, so the hotkey always produces a predictable configuration. However the hotkey only affects turrets with Smart already enabled on them.
That's why I need second hotkey to enable Smart turrets.
Or make Bombardier to be able to remember Smart in profiles.
Or ability to activate Smart Custom Command in all turrets whit "None" command pressing "Cycle" key if they are present on my ship. And next press makes them equal to other turrets with active Smart if they were on my ship.
Shimrod wrote:Sounds like what you need is a set of hotkeys for applying Smart <cmd> to all turrets on the playership. Assuming disabling laser switching on all profiles doesn't resolve the bombardier problem.

Yes indeed!!!
At least one key to enable Custom, and then I can switch them with "Cycle" hotkey.
Shimrod wrote:Actually there's an argument to say that would be best done as a standalone script. A single setup script which tests for presence of MARS, Smart, vanilla scripts and registers hotkeys accordingly. Should be straightforward to code that.

Do it! Please-please-please! It would be great!
Shimrod wrote:However I'm unlikely to be doing any development on this in the near term, particularly not now that Homeworld Remastered has been released!
Yeah! Homeworld is a Classic and Relic.

Well if you accidently will have time and mood to do it - at least you could make just one hotkey to activate Smart Custom in all turrets.
It would make Smart compatible with most of the other weapon loadout scripts.
Last edited by redagent on Thu, 19. Mar 15, 01:09, edited 4 times in total.

Pac Bane
xr

Post by Pac Bane » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 14:57

Hi

I love the Smart Turrets script, watching an M7 switch its loadout is a joy. However I've been test-driving an M7M under XRM.

XRM has removed the barrage command, so I'm trusting to Smart Turrets to do the barraging for me (which it does brilliantly). However there is an issue I've stumbled upon (probably a failure of my own). When Smart is controlling the missile turrets of an M7M, it will seemingly attack anything in the sector (at whatever range) regardless of the turret setting "Smart - Attack My Target". I've looked at the config and enabled the Player Target mode and I've also set a 35km range (within the range of my scanner). Yet Smart Turrets continues to launch my Heavy Hammers at distant untargeted ships.

Also, despite having flail missiles on board, Smart Turrets will launch Heavy Hammers at fighters rather than the Flails. I found during my test drive that I expended all my missiles in very short order on non-priority targets.

Am I doing something wrong?

Many apologies if my question has been answered before (I've had a good look first).

Thanks in advance.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 2. May 15, 14:42

I have a suggestion for a Smart Turrets enhancement: When my target has a current speed of 0, use the most weapon energy efficient weapons available.

Why would this be beneficial?
I'm using Smart Turrets 4.7.2 with XRM 1.30d, and I was using a Pirate Raven (M7) to visit a Xenon sector. This frigate has 4/4/4/4/4/2 turrets. All 22 of them can use Fusion Bomb Launchers (FUBL). There are 8 turrets which can also use Gauss Cannons (GC) and Photon Pulse Cannons (PPC). My ship was loaded with 22 FUBLs, 8 GCs and 8 PPCs.

This are the weapon stats:
FUBL: 5900 shield dps, 1150 hull dps, energy consumption of 117/s
GC: 7220 shield dps, 1240 hull dps, energy consumption of 300/s
PPC: 9000 shield dps, 1333 hull dps, energy consumption of 300/s

While I was approaching a Xenon station, the GC fired first because they have the longest range (10 km). Then Smart turrets switched to PPCs at 8 km - perfectly fine and exactly what I expected. My Raven holded its position at about 4 km to the station, which is within the FUBL's range of 5.3 km. My left and right turrets continued using PPCs while the front and upper turrets used FUBLs.
Since the weapon energy generator (about 1800 MW) isn't strong enough to power this setup indefinitely, Smart Turrets then decided to use fewer weapons to avoid depleting it completely, usually a wise choice.

Here is my point: had Smart Turrets decided to switch to FUBLs on all turrets in range, my damage output would be greater because the FUBL's energy efficiency is much higher. The weapon energy generator can supply 16 FUBLs which translates into 94k shield dps/18k hull dps. But Smart Turrets chose to use ~5 PPC and about 3 FUBLs, which is only 63k shield dps/10k hull dps.

Is there any chance this will be taken into account for a new release?

Shimrod
x4

sleeping

Post by Shimrod » Sat, 2. May 15, 17:55

I agree there's room for improvement in low energy laser selection, but I'm not planning to do any modding for the foreseeable future. I've a broad reading list to occupy my free time, need to keep skills up to date etc.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 2. May 15, 18:05

Well that's not what I wanted to hear, but I can understand this. Anyway, thanks for this great script! :)

Akorolev89
xr

Post by Akorolev89 » Sun, 1. Nov 15, 12:16

Hi guys!

The xdownloads.co.uk site seems to be down, could you update the links please?

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sat, 14. May 16, 05:52

This is the best turret mod I tried, works like a charm. :)

Mr.YaR
x3ap

Post by Mr.YaR » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 07:19

Anyone tryed this with LU+Mayhem?
Are there chances that this will work?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 9. Jun 17, 00:10

Mr.YaR wrote:Anyone tryed this with LU+Mayhem?
Not made specifically for LU = not compatible, unless Litcube or any of the experienced modders like Joubarbe or memeics say it's ok. Simple as that.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 9. Jun 17, 19:04

Mr.YaR wrote:Anyone tryed this with LU+Mayhem?
I have successfully used the latest Smart Turrets script with LU. However, I dared only to use the laser switching part, which worked fine.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 21:04

@Shimrod TC and AP were updated https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 27#4691927

Is this version of Smart Turrets still okay ?

With the changes listed in the release post I cant imagine this mod being affected, but would be nice if you could give it a quick look over and confirm.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 13:55

I would simply like to set my fighters to chose the appropriate weapons for the situation, like switching to fast lasers vs small crafts and to heavier ones such as HEPTs vs bigger ships.

What would be the best approach to use?
This script, given the name, seems to be the right choice but it does offer a number of options that are confusing me. I would be satisfied with being able , for ex., to equip 3 PACs and 2 HEPTs in my M3s loadout and have them to automatically switch between the groups appropriately just as the player does.

Cheers

TechSY730
x3ap

Re: [SCR] Smart Turrets v4.7.2 (AP, 05-04-14), v2.6 (TC, 21-08-13)

Post by TechSY730 » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 01:35

If anyone is using this script and MARS at the same time, and tried to apply both to AI ships, you may have noticed that they will conflict, both fighting control over AI ships.
I have made a change to Smart to allow the conflict to be resolved:

4.7.3_TechSY730_hack
- Added the option to only apply SMART to AI ships of less then M6 class, to avoid conflicting with MARS
- You should be able to get to it either from the main configuration or the artificial life settings
- There shouldn't be anything needed to prevent player ships from having this issue, as you can only run one command per turret, so MARS and Smart can't both run on a single turret

Smart4_7_3_TechSY730_hack.zip:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18joMV ... 5wHzv0ylAJ

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 03:00

Thank you for your improvement ! :)

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 19:02

Anyone tested this for FL ? Gonna install it anyway and post results later on.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 11. Apr 23, 14:15

Tell me, is 4.7.2 only for Albion or for TC too? or for TC only version 2x?
unknown1 wrote:
Fri, 14. Jan 22, 19:02
Anyone tested this for FL ? Gonna install it anyway and post results later on.
And how are the tests? Works ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”