[Mod-AP][In-Dev] X-Timelines: The Syndicate

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 05:12

Both of us would go mad doing it for 7 years I think :lol:

However things are moving foward at an incredible speed at the moment. Jack08 as you can see is chucking out 1000's of lines of code a day for the new ship menu system.

Shadow Doctor K is doing some awesome work on ships for the project too, soon we will have a few more teaser screens for you all.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Trooper1994
x4

Post by Trooper1994 » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 11:56

On the pic Jack posted. I really like the interface clean but still reminds me of X3 with the blue, maybe a bit of a tease on the shipyards race or the sector :P. just interested in little teasers been a fan for a bit and just hid in the shadows watching :lol: .
("why can't I make risk-free credits while I slay the universe in my Black Death Ship of Pokemon that lobs auto-generating Fragmentation Bomb Launching Jesus Missiles at everything within 6,000 KM?" -Litcube 10/17/14)

[ external image ]

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 16:43

Trooper1994 wrote:On the pic Jack posted. I really like the interface clean but still reminds me of X3 with the blue, maybe a bit of a tease on the shipyards race or the sector :P. just interested in little teasers been a fan for a bit and just hid in the shadows watching :lol: .
haha, ignore the sector name and race, the sector names are all a bit scrambled at the moment :D
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Trooper1994
x4

Post by Trooper1994 » Mon, 6. Jan 14, 10:10

Sounds like me the scrambled part that is although, i atleast know my name... i think :lol: . It's good to see that you guys are making good progress on it.
("why can't I make risk-free credits while I slay the universe in my Black Death Ship of Pokemon that lobs auto-generating Fragmentation Bomb Launching Jesus Missiles at everything within 6,000 KM?" -Litcube 10/17/14)

[ external image ]

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Fri, 10. Jan 14, 19:52

can't wait for this :wink:

alex4501
x3tc

Post by alex4501 » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 16:42

Any news?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 22:44

Code: Select all

pMod->fetchNewsUpdate();
APPCRASH - UNHANDED EXCEPTION: NO_UPDATE_FOUND
We release updates the moment we have something to update. Asking for them will only get you the generic reply of "work is ongoing" ;)

Unless you want me to start writing a blog of lots of technical stuffs :D

Might have somthing later, not sure. Still writing code - Menu code to be exact... i hate menu code, as if standard MSCI menu code wasent bad enough, now i have dynamic menus and context menu code to deal with heh.

Code: Select all

add menu item with context dropdown to array $Menu: text='Context Test' generationscript='!a..zz.z' userdata='Fuzzy Blanket'

add button to context menu $contextMenu: icon=1 text='Test1' callback value='Alpha'
add button to context menu $contextMenu: icon=2 text='Test2' callback value='Beta'
add seperator to context menu $contextMenu
add button to context menu $contextMenu: icon=3 text=$userData callback value='Gamma'
add infoline to context menu $contextMenu: heading='Fuzzy' text='Blanket'
$subMenu = add context submenu to context menu $contextMenu: icon=4 text='Test3'
add button to context menu $subMenu: icon=5 text='Test1' callback value='Delta'
add button to context menu $subMenu: icon=2 text='Test2' callback value='Epsilon'
add seperator to context menu $subMenu
add button to context menu $subMenu: icon=3 text=$userData callback value='Zeta'
add infoline to context menu $subMenu: heading='Fuzzy' text='Blanket'
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

rusky
x4

Post by rusky » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 01:47

A good UI is what the X series never had. Good luck with this epic undertaking :D

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 10:29

rusky wrote:A good UI is what the X series never had. Good luck with this epic undertaking :D
Seconded. I wasn't aware of this but it looks fantastic. I'll be playing it.

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 21:27

I've roamed these forumes since I joined.

And now I find this?

Without getting to explicit in my description of my joy, but this is l¤%!"¤ awesome!

I read the description on the first page. If you pull off half of it, then this mod is officially X4.
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

alex4501
x3tc

Post by alex4501 » Sat, 25. Jan 14, 22:13

Tell me about it, ive been following this for ages! Cant wait :)

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 12:05

x3ap is all but uninstalled on my computer... until this is released. Then my life (which has come up for air) will disappear once more...

egor_dubrov
x4

Post by egor_dubrov » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 15:20

I have a suggestion - to add the BBC news to stations, as in X3 Reunion. Such as news about invading enemies in the sectors of race, news about pirated and Xenon activity, news about the attacks on stations. Thanks to such news player will be informed of the universe. And most of the events in the universe will not pass player.
Egor

Trooper1994
x4

Post by Trooper1994 » Sun, 2. Feb 14, 10:19

egor_dubrov wrote:I have a suggestion - to add the BBC news to stations, as in X3 Reunion. Such as news about invading enemies in the sectors of race, news about pirated and Xenon activity, news about the attacks on stations. Thanks to such news player will be informed of the universe. And most of the events in the universe will not pass player.

I like this.

XTC had a news system, they even released it for X3Tc as a look at XTC mod. And the little messages where nice, too bad the mod got me bored it had a great bailing system and some nice weapons and effects but... it's universe just lacked the at home feeling i got from the X3TC/X3 ap vanilla's i love the home sectors of the boron and Argon for no real reason.

[ external image ]

alex4501
x3tc

Post by alex4501 » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 11:00

Any news? even if it is just a baffling note about what your working on atm hehe :lol:

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 8. Feb 14, 03:14

TrixX is in the middle of moving house, and a close member of my family has had some very major health scares in the last few days, so im not in the mood to work on the mod at the moment because of this.

Im sorry all, but for now the project is on hold for an undetermined period of time.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

alex4501
x3tc

Post by alex4501 » Sat, 8. Feb 14, 11:53

Oh no, I hope they get better soon you have all our thoughts and best wishes.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 21. Feb 14, 05:58

Should I keep checking this forum periodically (ie daily) for updates to this mod, or give up? Cause there is otherwise no reason for me to come to the Egosoft forums at all other than this :)

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 21. Feb 14, 06:54

Well hopefully we should be back on track soon. Still unpacking at the new place at the moment, and just managed to get my net sorted (took a week longer than it should have!).
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Thu, 6. Mar 14, 16:39

Just one more person who wants to voice their support for your project. I think what you're trying to accomplish looks absolutely amazing, and I'm eagerly anticipating it.

That being said, I completely understand the constrictions of the real world. Best of luck to you. I hope everything works out well so that you can continue on.

-blackfire83
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”