[MOD] [AP/TC] X-Tra Ship/Station Pack - [V2.01 Hotfixed Available 21/5/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

O'Shavah
x3ap

Shady Business Plot Messed

Post by O'Shavah » Wed, 6. May 15, 21:45

Shady Business Plot Spoilers Ahead!!!

so i installed the mod as a fake patch so i could use XSP ships but once i got halfway though the Shady Business plot things went a little off kilter. this mod seems to remove the pivotal ship (Split Acinonyx Prototype) associated with the plot. instead, it directed me enter an Argon Mammoth in the usual place (a Split shipyard... Family Pride?), which was visible in game when flying up to dock with the station, but not in the ships landed menu, so it obviously couldn't transfer control over to me. has anyone else come across this problem? the XSP ships i'm using are just variants of the ships provided with this mod. i've tried uninstalling this mod and using the 'import ship from mod' function in cycrow's package creator, but the turrets don't work on the capital ships (they appear and you can load them with weapons but they can't fire)

i'm gonna try a couple work arounds:
1: reinstall this mod as a fake patch and install the plot specific ship as an XSP ship
2: keep this mod uninstalled and manually change the gun model directory to those of a ship that works

if anyone has any other ideas please let me know

this is gonna take several days to test given the in game waiting time (2-6 hours for the plot to start and 6-12 hours for the ship to be created), so knowing a tried and true solution would be very appreciated.

i'd really like to use this mod especially after the Shady Business plot is completed putting an end to the game designed Argon/Terran conflict so i can use the Improved Races mod to take over the Universe and fight ships i've never seen before. if you don't run through the plot (in the correct way) the conflict sectors (in red) just respawn all the stations and ships you've destroyed to claim the sector as soon as you leave.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 6. May 15, 22:09

There's a compatibility patch for X3AP 3.0 made by Unuhara, which you need to install before you start the mission with the Acinonyx Prototype.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

O'Shavah
x3ap

Post by O'Shavah » Wed, 6. May 15, 22:47

thank you!!!

O'Shavah
x3ap

re Shady Business.... still messed... potententially

Post by O'Shavah » Thu, 7. May 15, 00:54

so i've gone in and pasted the files in their respective places and Acinonyx Prototype still isn't showing up in the create ship menu in Cycrow's cheat menu....

will adding XSP ship exported in from dat file 03 in the addon folder (SS_SH_S_M6_SPECIAL) have the same effect? is this a valid work around?

Dovakiin
x4

Post by Dovakiin » Fri, 8. May 15, 10:57

Dovakiin wrote:Hello

I was wondering if anyone had managed to solve this issue with Complex Construction Kits not working with v2.01 of the ship pack installed.

I've installed Complex Cleaner hoping that would sort the issue out. I've also looked through the scripts using the Script Editor, but don't really know what to look for.

I'd try to fix this myself, if I knew what to do.

From the comments I've read, it does appear to be the v2.01 update, which enabled Complex Cleaner compatibility, that caused this issue.

I'd try reverting to v1.94, which seems to have been fine, but can't find a working download and I'm concerned it could break my game.

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT

I've been playing around with Cycrow's cheat scripts but still can't get CCKs to work. I've looked through the files and the scripts but wouldn't have any idea where to start even if I knew what needed changing.

Does anyone know of a working link to the v2.00 or v1.94 versions of the XTra ship pack? I'd atleast like to try something else before abandoning my game.
Just wanted to give an update on my investigation.

The issue with complexes not working appears to be in the Dummies.pck file. I haven't worked out what the issue is exactly though.

L1miter
x4

Post by L1miter » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 21:03

Im having a problem that there are no turrets on the ships but only on the ships from this pack

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 02:22

Did you follow the instructions and correctly copy all the included files to your XTC or XAP folder?

L1miter
x4

Post by L1miter » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 09:21

yes I copied the files to the main X3TC directory then I launched it through x3tc launcher and ingame I create a ship through cheat pack and the turrets wont show nor the weapons for them

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 16:23

So you didn't spawn a ship using scripts huh? And none of the turrets show up on any ships, or just the one's you spawn?

L1miter
x4

Post by L1miter » Tue, 11. Aug 15, 19:29

I spawned them using cycrows cheat package

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 13. Aug 15, 11:16

Do you have other ship mods installed?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

L1miter
x4

Post by L1miter » Thu, 13. Aug 15, 11:30

well I have Xtended mod

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 18:38

There's your problem. Xtra and Xtended are not compatible. You can't run both. I recommend you completely uninstall Xtended and/or X3TC, then reinstall the game and then Xtra, to ensure that only Xtra remains active.

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 21:12

dose the version of this that is just the ships brake complexes? also is this compatible with Shipexpansion V1.7d by Killjaeden?
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 06:29

To answer that first part: No, complexes are fine. That second part, not sure about.

Also, love the singature.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 16:56

sithneverdiealone wrote:also is this compatible with Shipexpansion V1.7d by Killjaeden?
No, it isn't. Two mods adding ships are never compatible to each other, unless someone adjusted them accordingly.

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 22:08

just tested it and couldn't get complexes to build. the complex kit wouldn't show any stations to attach. are there any M0s like the valhalla, ozias, or killjaden's giant squid that can operate as mobile fleet bases(they all can dock TP,TM,M6; the ozias and giant squid can dock capitals)?

update: clean install with cheat pack. nothing but this: no complexes build-able. with this and CC: no complexes build-able. with this, CC and the bonus pack: no complexes build-able.

i am clearly doing something wrong if just the ship pack disables complexes right?

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Mon, 17. Aug 15, 00:32

Perhaps the problem lays in using the cheat pack.

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Mon, 17. Aug 15, 02:01

Stargazzer811 wrote:Perhaps the problem lays in using the cheat pack.
it shouldn't be there. its just a collection of scripts. its even recommended buy the author in the original post.

Stargazzer811

Post by Stargazzer811 » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 01:01

This I am aware of, but covering all the bases helps. How about others mods, stations, weapons, anything that applies to ships, stations, or even sectors.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”