[X3AP Bonus Plugin] Hephaistos Corp. - Station building service

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

elysoto
x3tc

Post by elysoto » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 18:45

This doesn't work completely with the XRM mod.

Some stations are only sold at the Showrooms and the service doesn't see those.

Scorcher24
x4

Post by Scorcher24 » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 18:48

Any new about getting singed for TC? :D

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 19:27

@phantomrock2
I'll try to have a look in the upcoming days. Not sure, what could be wrong there.

@Vector_Gorgoth
That's a known bug, which is also described in the first post of this thread. There's also a link to a test version, which should fix this problem. If you could have a look, if this is really the case, this might help updating the BP version.

@elysoto
The BP version is not supposed to work with any third-party mods or scripts apart from those from the BP. The Bonus Package is for those users, who want to stay un-*modified*, hence why I won't add mod support to this version. The development version is a different matter though. See my post here.

@Scorcher24
That's very unlikely, sorry.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Scorcher24
x4

Post by Scorcher24 » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 19:29

X2-Illuminatus wrote: @Scorcher24
That's very unlikely, sorry.
I asked Bernd during the AMA and he said they are looking into it.
So why is it unlikely? Do you not want it to be signed?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 21:00

I don't know in what context you asked him (I thought the latest AMA was only about X Rebirth?) and what he said to you.
The Bonus Package is and always has been a community project. That means the community should work together to get a Bonus Package released (scripters provide the scripts, users help with testing, write manuals and translate, everything is overviewed by DevNet volunteers or Egosoft developers, who help to make the scripts stable). Quite frankly though, the willingness to help testing was rather low within the community with the last few iterations of the BP, especially within the Vanilla users, who are actually the ones who would "profit" from the Bonus Package the most. This also led to scripters and DevNet volunteers losing interest and motivation in the Bonus Package.
In addition, currently almost everyone in the DevNet is busy working on X Rebirth. Especially with the release date being so close, only a small amount of developers can invest very little time into things like the BP (if at all).

So no, it's not so much about not wanting to have it signed, but rather about other priorities. In any way, I have asked some people, if they have time helping with the AP Bonus Package update. If that runs well, we may also look into updating the Bonus Package for TC. But as I said before, that is rather unlikely from my point of view.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Scorcher24
x4

Post by Scorcher24 » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 22:02

Context:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1 ... ?context=3

I would really love to see it in a TC BP. If you need any help in testing, send me a PM with the files to download and what to test and I am gonna do it.

Conran
x3ap

Post by Conran » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 03:15

Sorry to trouble you, but I got a script hang up with the whole no gate issue mentioned, but I can't find any beacons. Is it possible to simply reset the script? Don't mind losing the money on them, I just want to be able to order again.

Cheers for wonderful mod, hope to hear from you soon.

your.homeseller
x3ap

Post by your.homeseller » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 18:52

Is there a Fix for the Hephaistos Corp. $1bil limit yet? It's been a while. Workaround logistically impossible when you have 2 trillion.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 18:57

No vanilla fix, I'm afraid. There's a test version available, which fixes this and other bugs. But that obviously marks your savegame as modified.

your.homeseller
x3ap

Post by your.homeseller » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 19:21

he he he Been testing for a while now :o. It's ok no vanilla. The only reason I want it is so I can go mod. Things get boring after you hit 2 trillion in cash and can buy, outfit whole sectors and max out fleets..... for the 3rd time. Which expansion do you recommend? XRM or Lightcube?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 20:46

Well, I was providing the test version for others to test, as I didn't and still don't have a lot of time for these kind of things. However, the response was rather low. As the last update for X3AP was released almost two years ago and lots of the remaining players are playing *modified* games anyhow, there's not much point in investing time into such a version.

If you're playing modified anyway, you can also simply use the development version linked in the first post, which should include all the functions of the test version already. There's also a guide on how to properly uninstall the BP version and install the development version.

As for compatibility with other mods like XRM and LU, I think someone mentioned that it wouldn't be fully compatible with XRM, as not all of the stations are offered at normal shipyards, but special stations instead. I heard that it should be working with LU though.
I cannot recommend either of the two mods, simply because I haven't played them. I would suggest reading through the feature lists of both mods or checking recommendations from other players (with a quick search I found the following topics: #1, #2, #3 and this reddit discussion) to come to a decision. You could also create an own topic asking for opinions, or simply check out both mods for yourself.

your.homeseller
x3ap

Post by your.homeseller » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 20:55

Thank you for your honesty and forthright answer.

Have a great day.

Chaumurky
x3ap

Frozen build order in Terran space

Post by Chaumurky » Sun, 13. Sep 15, 20:06

Hi,

I noted previous members have posted similar issues of station builds freezing. I am experiencing the same issue. I tried placing a Terran MRE complex in Saturn 2 but the station never arrives.

When I hit the Hephaistos hotkey I get the following message:

"The 1. station transporter is just on its way to the building place."

The station never arrives. How can I cancel the order? Thank you for any advice and support.

Vector_Gorgoth
x3ap

Re: Frozen build order in Terran space

Post by Vector_Gorgoth » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 18:22

Chaumurky wrote:Hi,

I noted previous members have posted similar issues of station builds freezing. I am experiencing the same issue. I tried placing a Terran MRE complex in Saturn 2 but the station never arrives.

The station never arrives. How can I cancel the order? Thank you for any advice and support.
Something similar seems to be happening to me as well.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 11:41

All known problems and workarounds are listed in the first post of this topic. A test version, which is supposed to fix these problems, is also linked there.

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Frozen build order in Terran space

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 21. Nov 15, 04:32

Vector_Gorgoth wrote:
Chaumurky wrote:Hi,

Something similar seems to be happening to me as well.
It's down to the funky nature of most Terran sectors, if they don't contain an actual jumpgate (as opposed to TOA) or jump beacon it jams. I don't know if there's an actual fix, all you can do is reload and place the complex the old-fashioned way.

phantomrock2
x4

Aldrin..?

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 24. Mar 17, 01:30

Trying to build Crystal Complexes in Aldrin but the TL ordered through Hephaistos Corp. Station building service is taking way too long to get there nor can I find or see it crossing Aldrin 2 in X3AP. I am not talking about X3TC!

steveyb123

Re: [X3AP Bonus Plugin] Hephaistos Corp. - Station building service

Post by steveyb123 » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 16:48

Sounds like more hassle than the games building function itself, and that is terrible egosoft

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 17:47

steveyb123 wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 16:48
Sounds like more hassle than the games building function itself, and that is terrible egosoft
I've received a lot of positive feedback about this script telling me that it helps with building large amounts of stations quite a lot. If you have a particular problem with this script, especially those listed in the opening post, I suggest trying out the development version linked in the opening post. This version has received more bug fixes and some additional features, and is generally more stable. Unfortunately, the way we managed the bonus package in the past was far from ideal, so these fixes never made it into the BP version.

kingsims
x4

Post by kingsims » Sat, 24. Apr 21, 16:59

Hi Sorry for the late message. Can you use this plugin to complete build station missions? I just tried it and it didn't work when station was dropped on navigation beacon. i.e it needs a hired TL or your Own TL to complete them correct?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”