[X3AP Bonus Plugin] Hephaistos Corp. - Station building service

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 18:13

That is most-likely a problem with the missing station sizes of the new Terran stations that were added with update 3.0. They aren't included in the T file yet. The new test version fixes this problem. The new stations are:

Code: Select all

Food Preparation Facility M 
Food Preparation Facility L 
Matter/Anti-matter Production Fab 
Hull Plating Production Facility 
Matter/Anti-Matter Mine Fab 
EMP Rifle Assembly Facility 
Spectre Missile Manufacturing Facility 
Ghoul Missile Manufacturing Plant 
Vita Kai Production Plant M 
Vita Kai Production Plant L 
Flavor Pack Production Facility M 
Flavor Pack Production Facilities L 
------------------------------

Hephaistos Corp. BP Version 1.1 - BETA TEST - Update

Changelog - Update (version 1.1.01)
  • - Added station sizes of Terran player stations, which were added with X3AP update 3.0
    - removed station alpha rotation values from t file
    - Jump beacon delivery will be abborted, when either the jump beacon deliverer or the jump beacon was destroyed 5 times
    - Destroying the jump beacon deliverer after delivering the jump beacon should no longer halt the script
    - Yaki stations can be ordered, when they are available for sale
    - Fixed not opening HephCorp menu, when trying to pay in installments
    - re-enabled storno script in main1 script
For Download and Test instructions please refer to this post.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 22:32

I set the Hephaistos Corp. build service hot key to b. It shows up in the controls interface section as b. I am assuming that it does not have to be caps.

however, pressing it when in a sector nothing comes up. I am assuming that i am missing something but not sure what that might be. help, please.

edit: all 3 stations have 1,000,000 min and player has 8,000,000 min

I am using the 5.1.0.0 bonus pack version with x3ap, steam version. No other mods.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 21. Jul 13, 10:25

Are you by any chance docked to a station? Hotkeys only work when being in space.

Edit: Another thing to try out would be to start a new game, assign the hotkey and try to press it. At least there should be message telling you that you don't have enough money. If that doesn't work, I would guess that the installation isn't complete. So please check, if all of the following files are placed in the X3 Terran Conflict\addon\scripts-folder:

Code: Select all

lib.gz.get.object.size
lib.X2I.HephCorp.findgate
lib.X2I.HephCorp.getbuildconstant
lib.X2I.HephCorp.getstatmoney
lib.X2I.HephCorp.installequip
lib.X2I.HephCorp.moneystring
lib.X2I.HephCorp.valid
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.build
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.createship
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.getpositions
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.getSPPposition
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.getstations
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.main1
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.main2
plugin.X2I.HephCorp.main3
setup.X2I.HephCorp.bp
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Mon, 22. Jul 13, 04:58

ty yes I was docked. that solved it. i am stupid. I also posted in wrong post a second time but saying sorryl did not help me. I will try to be more careful but it is confusing sometimes. anyway at least i did not get banned, yet. ty again. all good now as for bringing it up with hotkey. will try to figure it all out on my own so as not to bother you guys.

Gyrehawk
x3tc

Post by Gyrehawk » Mon, 5. Aug 13, 00:15

when I finish the order and it asks me to select the position I can do the sector but when it wants a sector location I can not get it to accept my choice. I am clicking on the spot in sector that I want the first station to go but it does not seem to like me click. How do I select the sector location, please?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 5. Aug 13, 10:06

You select the position like any other position you select within the game:
1. Move the cursor using the numpad keys.
2. Hit Enter.

[FAQ] How to insert certain coordinates at the sector map?

Vector_Gorgoth
x3ap

Bug

Post by Vector_Gorgoth » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 18:28

I tried to create a 125-station order with this software yesterday; about half of the stations didn't get built.

In particular, 64 chip plants were included in the order and none appeared at all. I didn't take exact tallies of what was missing, but half the order not showing up is, well, problematic.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 18:57

What kind and how many stations did you order to build where?

Vector_Gorgoth
x3ap

Post by Vector_Gorgoth » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 23:18

Link

This, only without the mines. Purely an experimental installation, though I might have kept it if it ended up being useful.

Now I notice, however, that the actual tally is much higher than 125 - but the total when I reviewed it on the building screen read 125. I did go back and compare the list to make sure everything was present before making the purchase.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 12:37

As mentioned in the readme/manual and the welcome screen of the Hephaistos Corporation in the game, the maximum amount of stations that can be ordered (in this version) is 125. Your complex without the mines consists of 171 stations though. Assuming you selected the stations as shown in your link, the input of 60 Chip plants would have exceeded the station limit already. Hence, why they weren't added to the final order list. When the maximum station amount is exceeded, a subtitle is displayed informing about this. The same happens, when the final price would exceed the money on the player accounts.

phantomrock2
x4

Station Building Script Hanging on MAC Platform

Post by phantomrock2 » Tue, 20. Aug 13, 02:44

anyone who can help with this that would not render my games modified would be a great help thanks
[" thank you "]

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Tue, 20. Aug 13, 07:38

Wait till the egosoft Mac version is out, or try the beta version of the bonus pack. Though the beta version will cause your game to go modified, its not really 'modified' if you get my drift.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 20. Aug 13, 11:38

***merged with HephCorp BP topic, as per S&M forum rules***

phantomrock2 wrote:Station Building Script Hanging on MAC Platform
I need way more information in order to be able to help you or have any clue, what's going on in your game. Please check the first post of this thread. There is a number of known bugs (and workarounds) that may give you a clue, why the script is hanging. If its none of all that, please state your game version and the exact details of your order (amount and what kind of stations where ordered, what building location was selected).

phantomrock2
x4

OK Here Is What Happened

Post by phantomrock2 » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 02:35

I play the X3AP on a MAC
I ordered some Flail Barrage Missile Factories to be placed in Distant Clouds
It is going on more than a week and the stations have not shown up there
If I am remembering correctly I requested about:

5 FBM factories
and four of the rest of BORON support stations to be put there
Four each of solar power
Bo Gas
Bofu
Crystal Plants
[" thank you "]

Vector_Gorgoth
x3ap

Credit limit

Post by Vector_Gorgoth » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 20:01

I have 2,175,000,000 credits; apparently over 2 billion the script fails to detect that I have the minimum 1 million credits and refuses to run.

elysoto
x3tc

Post by elysoto » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 18:45

This doesn't work completely with the XRM mod.

Some stations are only sold at the Showrooms and the service doesn't see those.

Scorcher24
x4

Post by Scorcher24 » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 18:48

Any new about getting singed for TC? :D

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 19:27

@phantomrock2
I'll try to have a look in the upcoming days. Not sure, what could be wrong there.

@Vector_Gorgoth
That's a known bug, which is also described in the first post of this thread. There's also a link to a test version, which should fix this problem. If you could have a look, if this is really the case, this might help updating the BP version.

@elysoto
The BP version is not supposed to work with any third-party mods or scripts apart from those from the BP. The Bonus Package is for those users, who want to stay un-*modified*, hence why I won't add mod support to this version. The development version is a different matter though. See my post here.

@Scorcher24
That's very unlikely, sorry.

Scorcher24
x4

Post by Scorcher24 » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 19:29

X2-Illuminatus wrote: @Scorcher24
That's very unlikely, sorry.
I asked Bernd during the AMA and he said they are looking into it.
So why is it unlikely? Do you not want it to be signed?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 21:00

I don't know in what context you asked him (I thought the latest AMA was only about X Rebirth?) and what he said to you.
The Bonus Package is and always has been a community project. That means the community should work together to get a Bonus Package released (scripters provide the scripts, users help with testing, write manuals and translate, everything is overviewed by DevNet volunteers or Egosoft developers, who help to make the scripts stable). Quite frankly though, the willingness to help testing was rather low within the community with the last few iterations of the BP, especially within the Vanilla users, who are actually the ones who would "profit" from the Bonus Package the most. This also led to scripters and DevNet volunteers losing interest and motivation in the Bonus Package.
In addition, currently almost everyone in the DevNet is busy working on X Rebirth. Especially with the release date being so close, only a small amount of developers can invest very little time into things like the BP (if at all).

So no, it's not so much about not wanting to have it signed, but rather about other priorities. In any way, I have asked some people, if they have time helping with the AP Bonus Package update. If that runs well, we may also look into updating the Bonus Package for TC. But as I said before, that is rather unlikely from my point of view.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”