[MOD][AP] Lost Colony Expansion v2.02 25/08/2013 - vanilla & XRM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

martin Richter
x3tc

Post by martin Richter » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 19:02

The links are working like a charm, thank you very much!

Connstar
x3ap

Post by Connstar » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 13:15

The links are not working anymore:( And are there news on the XRMi-TCAP-LoCo-Patch mentioned earlier?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 13:36

ffs, dropbox...
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 13:38

The dropbox links work fine for me.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 13:44

It's a more recent policy.
Dropbox seems to block files if accessed by too many users. Which is really weird, I honestly didn't expect this to be accessed *that* much.

Had the same problem with Crusader Kings 2 Plus, which has about 2000 downloads. I guess that's not too much either...

Anyway, re-uploaded.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Fri, 2. Jun 17, 21:12

Hi Vukica! Do you mind if I try to make a public update of your excellent mod for use with TCAP 2.2a and XRM-TCAP?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 2. Jun 17, 22:47

I don't mind.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Sat, 10. Jun 17, 04:44

OK, in my signature you can grab the patch needed to let you play LoCo XRM with XRM + XRM-TCAP for AP 3.2. Please note that the ANH sector, as well as the 3 player sectors added by TCAP, had to be moved to avoid overlap with LoCo's sectors. You can reach Aldrin 2 and Megnir through the LoCo sectors, but Aldrin is unreachable and the sectors between Aldrin/Aldrin 2/Megnir/Segaris/Althes are not connected, so this should have no effect on the Terran and Aldrin plots. After the plots, the gates should activate properly. While I was at it, I also took the liberty to fix some typos in LoCo's sector descriptions.

Please let me know if you run into any issues!
Last edited by Mythrantar on Wed, 28. Jun 17, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 22:15

If anyone is interested:

IEX patch for XRM-TCAP with LoCo XRM for AP3.2

Just follow the instructions included with the zip file. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 21:21

Fixed a serious error that would prevent the correct spawning of A New Home and the additional sectors in LoCo XRM-TCAP. Please make sure to download the updated version from my signature.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Wed, 5. Jul 17, 05:00

A new version (V3.0) of the LoCo patch for XRM-TCAP is now out (in the signature below):

- Fixes a critical error that assigned the wrong sector to the player at the conclusion of the "New Home" plot.

- The additional Unclaimed Sectors added by TCAP now show their name "Unclaimed Sector" on the galaxy map.

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 05:54

@Mythrantar I installed this and gave it a try, but I get stutters from the moment I start a new game. Does LoCo cause slowdowns for you?

I just came back from the new Doom which is one of the most optimised games I've ever played, so I'm afraid it might just be me seeing X3 with new eyes. Or, it may not be a flaw with LoCo in particular as I have a lot of mods running, this may have just been a bridge too far.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 14:37

Sorry fir the late reply, I was on a business trip and just got back.

I am not sure why you are getting stuttering. In my XRM-TCAP/LoCo/IEX/Phanon/Revelation setup and about 20+ other mods I don't experience any lag at all.

When you added LoCo, did you reinstall everything in a brand new game folder, or did you just tack LoCo (and related compatibility patches on)? If you did that, it might explain the stuttering.

The bets way to determine if LoCo makes the difference is to create two fresh and separate installations, one with and one without LoCo and see if you get stuttering in one vs. the other.

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 19:44

did you just tack LoCo (and related compatibility patches on)
It's like you've been watching me! Okay, I did everything from scratch and don't seem to get any stutter.

Here's another issue. I started a new game and cheated satellites into all sectors, and there seems to be no ships flying around in LoCo sectors. This happened with the previous X3 installation too. Is that normal? Any idea what would cause that if not? I've downloaded the LoCo Version 2.02 - with XRM 1.29 jobs.

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 06:45

there seems to be no ships flying around in LoCo sectors
Any comment on this? Mythrantar? I'm all alone here and there are wolves outside.

Pretty close to just going back to not using LoCo.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 13:56

FriendlyFirePhoenix wrote:
there seems to be no ships flying around in LoCo sectors
Any comment on this? Mythrantar? I'm all alone here and there are wolves outside.

Pretty close to just going back to not using LoCo.
IIRC it takes a couple of hours for ships to init in LoCo sectors.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 23:56

Sorry, completely missed this. What Vukica said; I have certainly seen ships in LoCo sectors.

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 08:15

You are both correct and if I'd just been more patient, I'd have seen ships flying around the new owned sectors after a couple hours. Thanks to both of you for your sterling work.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 07:55

Question:

I am using LoCo in my current XRM game. I was considering starting a new game with the TC plots for AP mod by dillpickle. Will LoCo cause an issue with dillpickles mod?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 10:56

Probably yeah, since LoCo connects to Aldrin on game start.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”