[SCRIPT][AP] ANCC Scramble - An ADS module [V0.7 - 03/10/13]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 29. Oct 12, 18:37

I have just used your neat trick to get clean files from steam and it worked a treat. Now that I have really clean folders I will try again what I was advised to do before.

I want to try it on spare PC that I have so not to mess things up in my current game.

I had already deleted the keys before removing the scripts but when I reinstall them the keys are remembered, there are no conflicts.

I didn't save the profile after deleting though, I will try that and I will report back later.

Thanks for your help.

- - - - - -
***** Update
-----------

I tried everything that was suggested and it made no difference at all.
I guess either this issue applies to the Panther or my game is corrupted in some way that it affects the usage of the shortcuts for ADS and it is not rectified by using clean T and Scripts folders.

I am thinking that the reason why I can't use the shortcuts for ANCC is a consequence of the fact that they do not work in ADS in the first place.

I will have to pass on this one.

Thanks again.

BelgarionNL

Post by BelgarionNL » Wed, 31. Oct 12, 22:51

SCRAMBLE fighters is NOT working! (at least the shortcut is not!)

the priority target is working! just not the scramble one!

edit: now it is! I had shortcut on shift enter and that did not work!

thx

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 08:01

You should always keep in mind that some shortcut behaviour is hard-coded my windows and steam and the game doesn't override it. And as of my observations some shifted hotkeys are overrided by their unshifted alters. In your example an unshifted Enter that is by default 'always on' just got on top of your hotkey. I guess that has something to do with 'hotkey manager' as it has some limitations.
Haste-whip TrixX!

BelgarionNL

Post by BelgarionNL » Fri, 2. Nov 12, 13:33

scramble launch no longer working! I can't get them to launch anymore

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Fri, 2. Nov 12, 19:11

Hello,

I need a little bit more informations to help you.
Did you hear 'command accepted' when pressing the scramble hotkey?
Is the ADS hotkey "clear sector" working?

BelgarionNL

Post by BelgarionNL » Sat, 3. Nov 12, 18:58

sure I hear the command but it does nothing!

ads still works ok!

sometimes it works and sometimes it don't!

I needed to make wings so I could set automatic resupply of missles etc! but that seems to break your script!

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 09:54

Using wings should not cause any trouble, i'm using wings too.
It seem's that something overwrite the ancc script running on the fighters.
What script are you using to resupply your ships?

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 07:30

Hi,

will this be work on TC too ??
Or only on AP ....

Regards
R-TEAM

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 08:51

I haven't tried it on TC. I assume it should unless i have used some AP only command. If you try, give me feedback so i can update the first post :)

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 16:25

Hello,

I have updated ANCC Scramble to version 0.6, here is the changelog :
- NEW FEATURE : Dynamic Overview! Monitor your fighters and give them orders more conveniently. You can scramble all your docked fighters, send an attack or a protection wing (this two last commands use the ADS protect and attack scripts), dock your flying wings or change the scramble priority target.
[ external image ]

- Every fighters assigned to ADS with full hull can be used to send reinforcement to incomplete scramble wings. Meaning that if you add new ADS fighters to your carrier while a scramble is in progress, they will be immediatly used to replace dead fighters.
- Renaming system revamped again, should work a lot better. It can now be disabled using the ADS rename fighters option.
- Lots of bugs solved, the behaviour of the scrambled ships should be a lot less eratic when suffering heavy losses.
- Destroyed wings will now be reformed if there is enough docked fighters available.
- Basic compatibility with ADS - Real Wings Edition. Both scripts can be installed, i have adapted my script to respond to the new "dock all" procedure of the Nicoman35 script. The only thing not working for now is the "protect..." command from the Overview menu.

If i have enough time before X-Rebirth and depending on the feasability, i plan to add a more precise control on active wings by allowing to select a flying leader and give him new orders (like new target, dock only this wing, etc..).

Don't hesitate to give me feedback, bug reports or ideas. Thanks.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 18:06

Hi Anarchon, are you using M8 for bomber wings? Because I thought about that for my version, but I am still scared on account of the projects complexity.

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 18:17

Not in this version. I have also think about that (M8 and also M3 bomber from XRM) and started a 'proof of concept' script that is somewhat working but i'm not really satisfied with it as it is really overpowered in it's current state.

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 22:54

Version 0.6a uploaded.

Changelog :
- Forgot to remove a log, sorry for the spam in the logbook !
- Ships waiting for launch will now be displayed correctly in the overview.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 11:07

anachron13 wrote: Forgot to remove a log, sorry for the spam in the logbook !
Don't use the logbook for debugging. Try using logfiles. More felxibility, better overview, less logbook spam ;).

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 15:39

Yes i know, i have been a bit lazy on this one as it was just to quickly test if the modifications made for compatiblity with your version of ADS was working :D
I will try to do it the right way next time :roll:

ioulaum
x4

Post by ioulaum » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 04:47

Hi anachron13,thanks for you ads_m2.zip.I have managed to replace it m2 compatible with m6 compatible(because of the OP hyperion).But I can't figured out how to make m2 and m6 compatible at the same time,the game always get freezed.Please tell me how to do so.

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 09:04

I'm not at work to test it, but you have to replace line 6 of 'anarkis.acc.is.compatible' and line 11 of 'anarkis.acc.get.acc.carriers' by this line :
if not ($v1 == [M1] OR $v1 == [M7] OR $v1 == [TL] OR $v1 == [TM] OR $v1 == [M2] OR $v1 == [M6])
In 'setup.anarkis.acc' it's a little bit more tedious, starting to line 35 you will have to add M6 to each command. Copy Paste the last line of each command and replace "class=[XX]" by "class=[M6]". I think it should be enough.

PS : This is for the original version of ADS. For the Nicoman35 version, you should not use this patch.

ioulaum
x4

Post by ioulaum » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 02:28

I added all M2 and 2022 things I can found,still get freezed. :(

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 08:38

2022 things? Are you editing the scripts with an xml or text editor?

If you want to modify a script, you have to use either the ig script editor or use an external script editor like X-Studio : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=301433

ioulaum
x4

Post by ioulaum » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 13:37

LOL,I just use Ultra edit as usual.Got it thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”